“SUPERB!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Subterranean Gastro pub surrounded by Blue Granite foundational Walls.
Buckland, Massachusetts
“SUPERB!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Chef Chris had a warmed lentil
salad on the appetizer specialty menu that was a beyond brilliant mix of root vegetables, smoked bacon, organic greens, vinaigrette ... Holy taste bud explosion Batman!!! Never had anything as multi leveled in delicate flavors as this in my life.

And, the Thai Crab cakes appetizer were also excellent and cooked to perfection.

I also go to Blue Rock for Sunday Brunch for blueberry pancakes from scratch, locally made sausage, syrup and organic black tea.

The best high end food in the area.

Bravo Blue Rock!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“I'm torn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I like this place but have had some really awkward experiences here. They are quite personal with you and willing to help you out with the menu and explain things. The past couple dishes I had were just 'OK' I had the enchilada which was alright and I also recently had the swordfish. Despite the meals being alright and the menu not having much variety, my boyfriend and I continued to go because we enjoyed the staff and experience. Tonight my boyfriend and I went and we both had a huge meals including some dessert. He had an app and finished his steak. He had two Long Islands that were a measured mixed, so nothing too strong and they come in the thin tall glasses. We weren't looking to get drunk by any means. After our meal we were going to sit and chat so he asked the waitress for another Long Island tea along with the tab. She had to check with the owner to see if he could have another due to their drink limit. The waitress came back with her regrets that she couldn't give him a third mixed drink regardless of all the food he ate and even though he didn't seem intoxicated what-so-ever. It was really awkward and put a damper on our experience. I don't think we are going back anytime soon. There is no law unless someone appears intoxicated. Our tab was over $100 with tip.

Acton, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Blue Rock was our choice for a rehearsal dinner for 21 people on Oct. 18th, and it was wonderful. Holly guided the whole process, from special personalized menu to seating, suggestions for everything, and the meals were perfect, from seafood medleys to enchiladas, wonderful nachos, great local beers and hard cider, and delicious desserts. In addition, my husband and I have had both dinner and Sunday brunch there, and both were perfect. A great location for a wonderful time1

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
W. Newbury, MA
“Really nice and worth the wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We found this place based on Trip Advisor and it was really good. There a really long wait and we were a bit anxious and not expecting a good experience. But the food was really great, the atmosphere nice and the service good. All in all, glad that we waited to dine here and enjoyed the experience very much. Thanks to Trip Advisor for helping us find a great place to dine.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Gem in the Hilltowns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We love going to Blue Rock! Great chef. Interesting and unusual food. Wonderful service with a big smile and eager to please. Highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013