“Nice Little Earthy/Crunchy Market” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Shops, Shopping
Putnam, Connecticut
“Nice Little Earthy/Crunchy Market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We grabbed some sandwiches to pack with us for our riverside retreat....they were fresh and yummy! The market had a little bit of everything and service was quick! We did see people sitting down eating in a side room and it was a low key, quiet environment and looked nice.

Visited July 2013

Sedona, Arizona
“Whole Foods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very casual and quiet. Able to relax while having a cup of soup and tea. Friendly environment with homemade food that is good for you health. Loved the soups.

Visited October 2012
Berkshire county, MA
“Very poor customer care attitudes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and myself, coming from out of town, encountered some shoddy treatment from two store employees.
First, my wife, heading for one of the restrooms, was stopped and directed to another one in a different part of the store. Perhaps this would have been alright, except that there were only two paper cores left and no toilet paper to be found.
Her own resourcefulness, because she carries a small supply of clean facial tissues, saw her through this predicament, so she dutifully walked up to the cashier to tell her that the restroom was deficient. She politely tried to get the cashier's attention, saying. "Excuse me!", but the cashier failed to notice her, and continued to slowly count out some cash.
My wife, now feeling thwarted and willfully ignored, now clearly enunciated to all within earshot, "I only wanted to tell you that you are out of toilet paper in the ladies room."
The cashier had the temerity to tell my wife that she didn't appreciate be interuppted while counting cash.
That was one!
Meanwhile, completely unaware of the toilet paper drama taking place at the front of the store, I patiently waited at a cash register in the rear of the store with my purchases in hand while a male employee kept his back turned to myself and other customers while he held an entertaining conversation on the telephone.
Who do these people think that they are. Did they ever learn that real live customers come first?

Visited November 2012
Bandon, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“McCuskers Market: a tradition in Buckland/Shelburne Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

the first time i visited this store, Mike McCusker had only recently purchased it. they had a big wheel of cheese, a few food items, etc. he turned it into a shelburne falls icon, serving the community as so much more than just a health food/specialty food store and deli. mcCuskers became the hub of this hill community. Michael drew artists, health-minded people, progressive families to the area. he provided a central meeting place for people of all ilk. i never visit shelburne w/o a visit to mcCusker's market. and with the expansion of a wine cellar and restaurant, even more reason to go!

Visited June 2011
Bennington, VT
14 attraction reviews
“Good food, long waits, over-priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I usually stop here every time I'm in the area. Unfortunately the deli is often very short staffed, which means that often there is a long wait at the deli counter. This time I had a cashier who seemed a tad bit incompetent, making the wait unnecessarily long. The food is good, if you like having the choice of eating unprocessed, organic, whole grain and vegan foods, which I do, so I try to ignore the inconvenience attached to the long wait. The food seems over priced, and I certainly could not eat there on a regular basis, but as previously mentioned, I do stop there very time I'm in the area. I do like their food, otherwise I would not stop there, I just don't like the wait and their prices. They do have a good selection of organic products and 'real' food that attracts me. I ate in their restraurant years ago with a good experience. I wasn't able to eat in the restaurant this time around since I had my dog with me. They provide outside tables to eat your take-out food.

Visited June 2011