“Classy Hotel with a great restaurant attached!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   940 Fall River Avenue, Seekonk, MA 02771 (Formerly Ramada Inn Seekonk)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
“Classy Hotel with a great restaurant attached!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm a loyal Choice Hotels customer. But their offering in Seekonk (a suburb of Providence) was not up to par. So I tried an alternative, the Ramada in Seekonk. At that time, more than a year ago, it was somewhat better. Then, within a couple months, this hotel became a Clarion Inn. The changeover took several weeks: not physical changes, but conversion to a Choice Hotel brand. What was not so good as a Ramada was replaced by great offerings from Clarion.

This hotel has a great pool. In addition, the attached restaurant, DiParma Table, is first class.

The staff wasted no time making me feel welcome and special! They, especially Sonya, still do every time I arrive (about once a week).

Unlike most hotels, the original uninteresting Ramada complimentary breakfast has evolved into a top of the line Choice Hotels specimen, served by Irene, who even will prepare you a perfect waffle.

Their rooms are comfortable and always have an outdoor view since the hotel is shaped like a big square with rooms on both the inside and outside of the square. It's two stories. Many rooms are equipped with Keurig coffee makers. You and your family will love it. Their prices are extremely reasonable. As a business traveler, I go out of my way to stay here. Hope you'll give it a try.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This past weekend was very special as we were celebrating my son's graduation from Brown University. From Silvia the manager to Tonia, Sonia, Melissa and Anton, the customer service was excellent. They bent over backwards to help everyone in my party. I had family traveling from different parts of the country and chose Clarion because of the exceptional help I received when looking for a convenient, clean, safe and comfortable hotel. Prior to the trip, the staff was so kind in helping with dining reservations, transportation and more. When we arrived, we were treated like family. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and more than I expected. The breakfast that was included was fabulous as well. Being directly off the highway and a ten minute ride into Providence was an added bonus. I would like to give some constructive criticism but no one in my party could find any negatives. This was a great choice for us and I would highly recommend this to anyone. Great customer service like this is hard to find!!

Room Tip: If you have a large party choose the Bridal Suite --room 201--as it is like an apartment. There are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pittsfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I needed lodging in this area on a Monday night and did night have an advanced reservation. I got a room at the Clarion Inn using the Roomsaver for a great rate. The property was clean and well maintained. My room with a queen bed was very clean and comfortable. I did not use the indoor pool but it looked very nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Quite often I am disappointed with the breakfast that many hotels offer...Not so here. The offerings include waffles, eggs. sausage, home fries, fruit, bagels, muffins, pastries, cereal, and more!! I would recommend The Clarion Inn in Seekonk without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hotel was very clean. Great breakfast provided with your reservation. The pool was clean and water clear like it should be. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Loved that there was an actual soap dish on the bathroom sink to put the soap in. Lots of restaurants/shopping/family activities in the area where the hotel is located.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the hotel which was nice and quiet but a good walk to the lobby and bre...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dresden Mills, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

As a New England sales rep, I have found this place to be very conveniently located to all of RI, 1/2 of CT and the eastern third of MA. I can work this area from here, with ease. What makes it such a great place is the very welcome environment, the feeling that you are home when you walk through the front doors into a lavish foyer and see happy, bright eyed front desk staff. The rooms are very clean and up to date. The grounds are appealing, there is no outside noise, One of my criteria when looking for a hotel is having a restaurant with in walking distance. This place has a wonderful italian restaurant attached and has other places a short walk away. There really is no reason to stay at any other hotel in the area. And the best part is the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My son & I stayed on a college visit. Not only was it conveniently located and truly easy to find (that is always a bonus when you are driving a rental car in a strange town at 9:15 at night); it was CLEAN! The front desk check-in was efficient and friendly. We ate at DiParma--they were open till 10 pm on a weeknight; they had a $9.99 special for any dish on the menu if you bought a drink. Food was good & plentiful; so much we couldn't eat it all. (Bread was highly recommended! Stuffed mushrooms; not so much.) After dinner we needed to use the computer in the lobby to print out our boarding passes; the front desk made sure we had the help we needed to get that done. The next morning the free breakfast buffet was surprisingly hearty; fresh oatmeal (my favorite!), eggs, potatoes, plus all the normal offerings (fresh waffles, bagels, etc.). For once my 6 foot-tall son didn't leave hungry. The only odd thing overall, and I didn't have time to ask the front desk, is we had NO hooks or a closet to hang anything in the room. And it was snowing, so the damp clothes needed to be hung. There was one hook in the bathroom; that was it. I normally not only hang up my coat, but also clothes I'm going to wear the next day. I"m assuming it was because our room was 'wheelchair accessible.' (we didn't ask for wheelchair accessible; even so you'd think there would be places to hang things.) Overall, I'd definitely stay here again if we're fortunate enough to come back to the area. I'd just recommend asking for a room with hooks or hangers (who knew?) Over the past two years I've stayed at many different Choice Hotels, and I've learned to appreciate 'things' you'd like to take for granted (clean rooms; a place to actually sit at breakfast, attentive desk staff), but don't always find. Perhaps that's why we found this location especially comforting; it had EVERYTHING we expected (except for hangers.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel was an excellent experience, for our entire family! Arrived at around 3:00, and was immediately checked in by friendly staff. Requested to be placed near the pool, and received the closest room to the pool. We had gotten a package deal, one pizza, drinks, and a room for 100$. When we got to our room, we immediately put our suits on and went swimming. Pool was nice, and fairly empty. When we got to the pool, there was no towels, but we requested them and they came in a timely fashion. We had our pizza, which was so-so by the pool. Cold drinks, and hot pizza. 8 slice pizza, shared amongst four, was plenty, but we did eat later. Shower was hot, beds clean and comfortable. One huge problem, was that our heater did not work properly, so it was cold, but eventually it did come on. Complementary breakfast was average, but the staff was very nice and considerate. I was very impressed. Also the fitness center was closed, so I'm giving that one star.

Room Tip: Try to get near the pool, low 100s is best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!