“"Very Average Hotel"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   940 Fall River Avenue, Seekonk, MA 02771 (Formerly Ramada Inn Seekonk)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“"Very Average Hotel"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business from 2/25-3/1 in a King bed, Business Room, Non Smoking, with refrigerator, "Newer Room" category, which I requested. Upon arrival and during my stay, the front desk staff was very professional, attentive, and offered great customer service. My room was on the second floor in the rear of the hotel with a view of the back side of Lowe's, which was fine, since I was staying for business. The location of this hotel is great, since it is located just off of I-195 and there are plenty of places to eat and/or shop located just down the road.

There are a few different entrances to gain access to the room corridors which require a room key to enter, which was great for security and convenient from the parking lot vs. walking through the hotel to get to my room.The hotel carpets in the hallways are old and smell like a Church while walking to my room. There are no elevators and the steps to reach the second floor have new tiled floors which added a nice touch.

The old carpets continued into my "newer room" from the hallway. The door had an additional dead bolt and an old school chain for security. The king sized bed was nice and comfy with 5 pillows to choose from along with a new modern feel head board, furniture and lamps, and funky cool wallpaper with a 32 inch flat screen TV. The microwave and refrigerator were also hidden away in the entertainment center/dresser underneath the flat screen TV. The bathroom was not updated at all except it had a cool curved shower curtain. The toilet was the smallest one I have ever seen and the bath tub had mold all the way around the tub that had been caulked over. There were pieces of old caulk laying in the corners along with long black strands of hair.

The daily housekeeping service was very poor. Every day the housekeeping service came, they never dusted, vacuumed, or cleaned the room or my bathroom. The bathtub still had the same hairs, fixture still had water spots, shampoo bottles still had rings underneath, and my toilet and tub floor were still dirty. The shower head was disgusting and I was scared to touch it. There were pennies and lint balls on the carpet throughout the room and they never moved the whole week which a vacuum would have picked them up. However, the bed was made and I had new towels each day, that was it. The heater was broken and stayed on, it was sort of like staying at a spa and I was locked in a sauna all night. I shut the heater off and opened the window while I slept so the fact that I could open the window was nice. I actually put the do not disturb sign out on my last day and made my own bed, since the housekeeping service was so bad. I was going to complain and ask for a new room but with being there for work, I just needed somewhere adequate to eat and sleep at the end of the night which this hotel provided. However, management really needs to follow up with their housekeeping staff and maybe retrain them on proper cleaning of guest rooms.

The best part of my stay at the Clarion Inn, Seekonk was the adjoining restaurant DiParma's. They offer room service which was very convenient especially after a long day of work and the food was phenomenal.

In conclusion, I would have preferred a newer modern room like the hotel advertised and thought I was getting and an updated hotel. If it wasn't for the great restaurant and for the hotel advertising that it had so called "remodeled" rooms, I would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Princeton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place is really nice. Clean and well-kept. It has a pool and fitness center. The attached restaurant (DiParma's) is excellent.

Importantly, I need to give props to Silvia Bizier, the general manager. Many thanks to her! In the aftermath of the recent storm, while scrambling for a place to stay, she fed and watered us, and refused any payment. It was a gracious act of kindness in a time of need.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We have been putting my family here for over 40 years. it just changed from a Ramada to a Clarion but still the same owner they are in the process of complete remodel. if you were ever in the Providence Seekonk area stay here

Stayed January 2013
TodVogelsang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night while in town on business, and was VERY satisfied with this property. I booked a handicapped room because I had just had Achilles tendon surgery the previous week, and was still in a cast. The room very clean, large, with new wood floors, furniture, mattress, linens, and freshly painted walls. The bathroom was perfect with the walk in shower. I stayed in Choice Hotels roughly 190 nights last year, so I know they often will upgrade me to newly remodeled rooms, or suites, so I can't say for sure if all the rooms were as nice as mine, but for under $80, in this area, it was a total steal. I will advise you that if you're looking for a fitness room, "The Hotel Website Shows They Have one" it is actually located in the Hampton Inn, next door. "Same Owner" If you do go to use it, make sure you stop at the Hampton Inn front desk for a door key.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reading,PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

As an auto racing fan,sometimes lodging can be a real pain,but the Clarion in Seekonk,covered all the bases.The room was more than adequate,very comfortable bed with 5 actual pillows not flat ones.A nice wide screen TV with plenty of channel selections.A nice front desk staff greeted me and suggested some food venues and the cheapest place for gas on the trip home.
Shower water was extremely hot and the shower head worked flawlessly.
Pool facility was well kept and the water was extremely comfortable and not overly filled with chemicals.
A morning paper was delivered to my door and the ice and vending machines were all well stocked and in working order.
Working wall outlets and plenty of room lights.Chair and hassock in room was also comfortable to sit in.
No problems with wireless internet either.Nice big screen TV in lobby and well decorated for the holiday season.Breakfast was not overly done,but very adequate.
Right off of I195 and 7 miles from The Dunkin Donuts Arena in Providence,made this a worthwhile stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Haverhill, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is the old Ramada Inn and that's what it is ....Old!! I call it a old hotel with new furniture! The rooms are the existing old ramada inn wih some updated furniture and a new tv. I believe it is overpriced for what you get! I do have to say the staff was friendly and the lobby was decorated Awesome!! The couch in our room was saggin and not comfortable at all! The bed was good, the pillows were not. The bathrooms are small and need updating! Again...It really needs a makeover! I would rate it as average and overpriced! We paid for a "Newer Room" which I don't understand, the only thing new was the tv!! It was a larger room, but not a newer room. I will not stay there again, was not worth the extra money over other comfort Inns in the area. There is no elevator either for those staying on the second floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a convenient hotel right off of I195 so if you are coming into Providence it is only ten minutes from downtown providence and twenty minutes from the airport. The hotel staff is very welcoming, most of the rooms have been refurbed, beds are comfortable. There is a very nice free breakfast. I would stay here again. There is no room service but the restaurant next door is nice and well priced. There is a great indoor pool but no fitness room yet although the front desk tells me by the winter there will be one.

Room Tip: Ask for one facings way from the main road, the rooms that face the away from the road are very quie...