“Suprised not all the reviews are 5 stars” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   940 Fall River Avenue, Seekonk, MA 02771 (Formerly Ramada Inn Seekonk)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Seekonk
Harborcreek, Pennsylvania
“Suprised not all the reviews are 5 stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels (just this past trip alone I stayed at six) and I was extremely pleased with this hotel.

Location: We had no problem finding the hotel. As soon as you get off the highway it is right in front of you! It was very easy to get back onto the highway from hotel as well.

Check-in: For once in my life I was ahead of scheduled and arrived early. The hotel gave us no problem checking in early. Check-in went extremely quick and the lady at the front happily provided us with places to visit. About ten minutes after arriving in our room we recieved a phone call to ask how our room was and if there was anything they could do for us.

Room: After having a bed bug experience I am paranoid about hotels. After a good inspection of the room I was extremely pleased with how clean it was. The room size was large and well decorated.

The pool was clean and the kids had a great time swimming! The restaurant connected to the hotel was delicious! I would recommend eating there!

All-in-all an excellent stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
silbizier, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We do appreciate so much that you took time to write such kind words and we are happy that your experience with us was good. Please visit us again soon and identify yourself to the front desk so we can thank you personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is a lovely Ramada Inn. The staff is very friendly. They are knowledgable about the area The hotel is near all major big box stores.. They check you in and out quickly, always wilth a smile. The room is clean and neat, the towels are fluffy and the bed is comfortable. There is a restrurant connected to the hotel which sefrved me a lovely meal at a reasonable price. There is no room service. There is a large in door pool that is kept very clean There is a breakfast buffet in a very quiet room off of the lobby.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
We thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. It is a busy world we live in and we truly appreciate the time taken to leave these nice comments. We do appreciate your business and look forward to a long and pleasant relationship with you.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

It began with the 20 min wait to get checked in. The lady working front desk was not too concerned about getting me checked in. She was trying to print directions for a couple in front of me and said their computers were down. I looked to my right and there was a lady using the lobby computer. It get's better. The front desk requested a deposit in case I "trashed the room or made phone calls" I'm 50, clean cut and no way do I look like I would trash anything!!!!! Never in my travels have I been so outdone...gets better..
When I opened the door to the room, there was luggage on the bed and bathroom had been used and the counter was wet. When I returned to the front desk, they just looked at me like I had two heads when I told them I was in another person room and I had both keys. Trust me, when I went to sleep, there was all kinds of stuff piled up infront of my door.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Sbizier, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at our property. I did speak with the front desk staff and was told that check in was extremly busy when you checked in and unfortunately our system did shut down at that time.
We do always ask for a cash deposit when any guest is paying cash as is customery in the hotel business . It is held in order to pay for any incidentals such as phone calls and yes, as a security deposit as well. This is our policy and I believe that the front desk person merley attempted to make light of the situation as we do not try to judge a guest by appearances, yet apply the same policies across the board.
I am also very sorry about the mix up in the first room you were assigned to. Our computer system showed that the prior guest had checked out and that the room had been cleaned. This must have been due to the ongoing cumputer problem we were encountering and is an extremly rare occurance. Naturally, under the circumstances it was quite a surprise to the front desk that there was luggage in a room that was indicated in the system as vacant. Unfortunately hotels are dependant on computers and even humans to run them and they both err at times.
It is unfortunate that your stay with us was unpleasant and if given another opportunity we will do our best to provide a much more satisfactory stay.
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Some rooms have been redone. Bold colors...removed carpet off floors which is healthier. greeted by helpful and friendly staff. Tony and the female that was also on duty those days are great employees to have working for the Ramada. We've stayed there before and will stay again when were in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments on our new rooms and are always happy to hear that the staff is working hard to make our guests happy. We do hope that we continue to host you and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you again.
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Although this is a little older hotel, the quality is first class and they are doing some nice renovations. We were there for Memorial Day Weekend 2010 and had a block of 20 rooms for our son's wedding. This is perhaps the busiest weekend of the summer as it was also Brown University's graduation. We blocked the rooms almost one year in advance to get a little better rate. The staff didn't give us any less quality rooms because of this. Sylvia, the manager, and Joy couldn't do enough for us to make us comfortable. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. The breakfast was a wonderful gathering place the two mornings we were there to be with family and friends and it was a lovely breakfast. The location was so handy for everything in and around Providence, RI. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010
Sbizier, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
We appreciate so much your wonderful review and wish to thank you for taking the time to submit it. We are so pleased to hear that your experince with us was a positive one. We also appreciate your understanding about the ongoing renovations. We have been working hard to make sure that this does not interfere with the service we provide to our guests. Our hope that once completed it will provide an even a more pleasuable experience for future stays with us. Thank you again for your kind words and it was just as much of a pleasure to have you and your group with us. Hope to see you again.
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stayed in the area for a church conference. The location was wonderful..plenty of resturants and shopping in the area. Easy on and off the interstate. I will say that the hotel is a blast back into the 70's. The sauna doesn't work and we had plenty of insects..especially bees swimming along side of us. Overall, I felt unsafe and It reminded me of a hotel/motel where truckers stay for the night. We could smell the overwhelming odor of smoke. Most hotels are smoke free...so you will recognize the stench of second hand smoke. The staff was friendly...and willing to assist. The hotel has potential ..someone just needs to invest.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Sbizier, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
Thank you for your review of our property. As you can see we are doing just what you have suggested by begining major renovations to our hotel and restaurant/lounge area. We have recently completed the first pahase of constuction which has included newly decorated and updated rooms and some common areas, a new restaurant and extensive landscaping as well and have gotten nothing but positive feedback thus far. We do hope that if in the area again that you will consider staying with us again and viewing our progess first hand.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

This hotel needs a complete face lift. Not only is the lounge AND restaurant under construction at the same time, the rooms are so old and falling apart. The windows in both the bedrooms and the pool area have a film/residue on them from age, items on the ceiling in our room were falling off but the worst part was when our toilet clogged and overflowed and we called the service desk to help. The attendant brought up a plundger, had NO IDEA how to use it, and I was left to unclog my toilet and had her leave the plundger in case it happened at night. Another room was offered, but as we were traveling with other people for a dance competition, we had already heard from them that they were having problems with their TV not working, the hairdryer not working. When we took a shower, a pool of water formed in front of the tub....just a terrible experience for the money and they had the nerve to ask how everything was upon check out!...not worth the $99 they are charging AT ALL!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!