“Great Family Reunion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Mink Street, Seekonk, MA 02771-5914 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Providence-Seekonk Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Topsham, Maine
“Great Family Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

It has been a little over a month since our family reunion received such gracious hospitality from the Best Western Plus Providence-Seekonk establishment. Michael Moniz and his staff were very accommodating and delivered far more than we expected. We really appreciated the clean comfortable rooms and the use of the conference room for family gatherings throughout our entire stay. But even more than that, the friendliness and 'can do' attitude of his staff was amazing. Everything we asked them to do was done with a sincere smile and the question: "Is there anything else we can do for you?"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We are so glad you came back and stayed with us! We hope the next time you are in our area you stay with us again! Guests like yourself and your family is what keeps the Best Western the best hotel chain!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My extended family and I were in town for a family event and all stayed here due to its location. Everyone, without fail, said this was one of the worst experiences they have ever had at a lower-end hotel.

My husband and I checked in early in the morning at 8:30am. There were no rooms available, which was fine. We provided a cell phone number and number of the room we were in (my in-laws checked in the day before) so we could be reached when the first room became available. Not only did we never receive a call, numerous individuals were checked in before us when we called down to inquire at 11am and again at 1:30pm. Finally, they tried to put us in a room that absolutely stunk of smoke so much so that the maids had called down to warn the front desk not to check in anyone into that room. It was egregious so my husband and I refused to stay in that room. After 30 minutes with the front desk, they INSISTED there were no other rooms in the ENTIRE hotel that were available and that we would have to sleep in that room (at no discount). No solutions were offered even though we checked in first and rooms were incorrectly given away. That hotel was NOT full. When the manager walked by, and the clerk called over to him twice because she was no older than early 20s and clearly didn't know what to do, he KEPT ON WALKING and completely ignored her! I have never seen anything like that before, and I travel extensively for work. Unbelievably terrible customer service. When he finally came over, he said he could not help since he didn't know what was going on. That is the manager's job, so I insisted that I explain the situation. When I explained, he kept to the party line. After much back and forth, finally a room magically became available. All this took an hour while my family was waiting. The manager's name was Michael. If I were the owner and I had someone with that poor of an attitude (I was very friendly) in a supervisory position in a ratty t-shirt and cargo shorts, they would be fired on the spot.

That was the main complaint, but there were many other problems. My sister-in-law had to call down to have the sheets changed after she walked in for the first time because they were dirty and had stains on them.

While I was waiting the next day for everyone in the lobby, the ceiling immediately began leaking on my dress while I was sitting on the couch. Not a drip-drip but continual pour so I had to dive out of the way, but my dress was still wet. No apology when my mother-in-law pointed it out to the front desk.

One of the reasons this hotel was chosen was because of the pool, and we had a lot of children in the extended family. Pool was closed for maintenance with no warning even though we called the day before we flew to Providence to confirm the pool hours.

As an aside, the breakfast was horrendous as well. There was no fresh produce that was edible, and the room was dirty. DO NOT stay here. The owner should take notice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Unfortunately this was written by an ex-employee and is currently being reviewed to be erased.
Lawrence, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My recent stay was for one evening to be closer to Providence for the Bar exam. I close this Hotel for its location and also because it included a hot full breakfast. I was here basically to sleep and have breakfast. I was surprised to find "dispensers" in the Bathroom for handsoap and hand lotion; and also in the Shower for shampoo, conditioner and body wash. There were the usual small bars of soap. I like the little bottles of "products"; but I can understand the utility of using dispensers instead (must be a huge savings cost to the hotel.) Over all the room was pleasant and quiet. The TV did not have access to the Red Sox game (no NESN); but I really needed to study anyway. The room was clean and comfortable. I was surpised that there were no pens or note pads in the room. Not too much noise outside from others. The Breakfast was filling and hot. The eggs (I believe) were not fresh, but powered; everything was tasty. The Hotel served its purpose. I had very little interaction with the staff, other than checking in and checking out (and both were painless.) There was a swimming pool inside, just by the Lobby; but I did not use it. If you have a night or two to stay in the Providence, RI area, I would recommend this one. All in all I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad the location and price was what you had expected! We hope to see you again soon on a future visit!
Boise, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My son was looking into URI and Johnson and Wales Univeristy, and we decided to stay here because of the location. Michael and Stephanie at the desk were excellent with directions and area attractions. The breakfast woman was very sweet. Exactly what I expected for a BW plus hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are glad to hear that our hotel was a perfect location for visiting colleges in the area. I am also glad our staff were outgoing, and accommodating. We hope all goes well with your college visits, and stay with us again in the future.
Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was a great place to stay. My husband and I walked into the hotel and was hoping for a room and luckily they did! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Excellent restaurants nearby and very clean rooms. Breakfast was great. This was a great stay, and next time we are in the area we will purposely make a reservation at this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are glad you were able to get a room by walking in. Some weekends can be tough. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit!
Seekonk, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel with many other family members attending a wedding in R.I. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. The hotel rooms were spacious, very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to all of my friends. The pool area was very clean. Shopping and dinning were plentiful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again in the very near future!
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Room was very clean. Housekeeping staff Mia was wonderful, very customer service oriented. Domenica at desk was quick and efficient, and Mike the Manager was also caring and very helpful. This is probably the BEST best western I have stayed in in a very long time. Plenty of restaurants and stores near by!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are glad our hotel met all your expectations. We hope you come visit us again in the very near future!

Been to BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn? Share your experiences!