“front desk service sucks!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Seekonk

You added Knights Inn Seekonk to your Saves list
Knights Inn Seekonk
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   48 Mink Street, Junction Rts 6 & 114A, Seekonk, MA 02771 (Formerly Gateway Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Seekonk
Exeter, Rhode Island
“front desk service sucks!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Manager Roberta is very unfriendly. Extremely unappreciative you can thank her 100 times over and still will not hear "you are welcome".. woman who is in the office majority of the time in the mornings also is not friendly. Your stay comes with free breakfast in the morning located in the office/lobby and honestly, it is an extremely unpleasant time. They make you feel extremely uncomfortable and feels as is they just stare at you. You walk in and say good morning and you are lucky to hear a reply of any type. The cleaning ladies are all awesome, rooms are always clean and they will go above and beyond to make sure your stay is as good as it is going to get... I have stayed here multiple times and for long periods of time. The office service is allllways the same. I definitely would recommend this place to stay at, just stay away from office if possible... because it is just unpleasant every time if one of these 2woman are working!!!!!!

Room Tip: They are all good... but nonsmoking rooms have bath tubs where as smokers just get basic stand up sh...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Barnstable, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This motel give mixed impressions. Much has been done to fix up the areas. They have some good seating, chairs, overstuffed chairs, desk chairs...was impressed with their quality upholstery. small breakfast area was also well thought out. But it is an old building and the basic structure shows wear and tear. I was actually happily surprised with the room as it was cozy, homelike, clean and very quiet...However the doors were not tight and old and despite the double lock I did no feel safe there. Mattress was worn, sheets poor quality. But for the low price and location it was OK for the one night and it did have a microwave and fridge which is so helpful when one wants to eat in room. The breakfast had some nice pastries etc..desk staff at night seemed helpful and friendly. but the morning woman did not appear to be at all friendly or interested ..not was she dressed professionally.
I would stay there again if I had to and no other hotels had reasonable prices .

Room Tip: ask to look around as some could be very noisy from trucks.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I travel to the area almost monthly now, and I stay at the Knights Inn every time! The staff is very pleasant and David (the owner) does a great job with his hotel. Minor issues were handled properly, and David has gone over and above for me!! The beds are REALLY comfortable, my rooms have ALWAYS been clean and attended-to, the water pressure is AMAZING and showers are hot and powerful. Quiet yet situated with EVERYTHING around you. Good continental breakfast. And this hotel is THE BEST BARGAIN IN THE ENTIRE AREA!! You simply cannot find a better value and a nicer place within many many miles. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Garden Grove, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I spent a Saturday night at this motel the night before the Providence Rock N Roll Half Marathon. As Knights Inns goes, this is one of the better ones I've stayed at.
Check in was a breeze. The process was easy and there were no issues. The room I got had two double beds as requested. The bedding was a bit outdated, the carpet stained, but at least the sheets were clean. There was ample hot water for a nice long shower as well so I was happy about that. My only complaint was housekeeping didn't do that great of a job cleaning, there was a used bandaid on the bathroom floor. Towels were fresh, but they missed the bandaid.
You get what you pay for. You're not at the Ritz, this isn't a Hilton or Marriott. You booked at the Knights Inn. Expect a relatively clean place to lay down and get a good night's sleep. It's an older motel, but the location isn't bad. There is a plethora of places to eat on the main street. You're 10 minutes from Providence so you aren't paying big city prices. I was happy with my stay here and would stay here again if I was passing through. They only got an average rating though because of the bandaid, otherwise, it would have been very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I found the room to be very clean. The bed linens were fresh and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We also found it to be very quiet.

We were very pleased a good value for the price. We would definitely stay again if ever out this way again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dover, New Hampshire
1,126 helpful votes 1,126 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

From the outside, the hotel looked nice. It wasn't built as a chain motel. It was built in the late 1960's as the Gateway Motor Inn. From my experiences with different rooms in his hotel over a three-hour period, it became obvious that the place has not been well-maintained over the years.

My reservation was for a room with one double bed with micro/fridge.

The first room assignment was going to be adjacent to the back door and opposite the soda machine, the ice machine, and the staircase to the upstairs. On the other side, it was next to the public restroom and near the office and front desk. How fast can you spell NOISY? I balked at the prospects of staying in that room. The deskwoman's reaction fell just short of eye-rolling. She said she'd give me a quiet room.

In the "quiet" room, the showerhead was doing a rapid-fire drip---almost running. The deskwoman wasn't very sympathetic. She said she had no other rooms. I later learned that the statement was NOT TRUE. She said she'd try to have someone fix the leak while I went out to dinner.

When I came back, there was water all over the bathroom floor, and nothing had changed with the showerhead. I went back to the front desk. Mercifully, the first deskwoman was gone.

Deskwoman #2 was much more helpful. She reassigned me to a room with two double beds. This was an upgrade. When I walked over there, I found the door ajar. There were people sitting in plastic lawn chairs outside the adjacent room. I asked if they knew why the door was open. They said it had been that way all day. I started to open the door more. Then, I spotted what appeared to be someone in one of the beds. I went back to the office. Deskwoman #2 accompanied me back to this room. She opened the door fully. The "body" was the bedding rolled up under the sheet. It was the way the previous occupants had left the room. Housekeeping had not been into that room, despite marking the room ready for occupancy on the sheet at the front desk. There were no housekeepers on duty at night so nothing could be done about that room at the time.

Based on these incidents alone, I would have rated this hotel "terrible" if it weren't for what Deskwoman #2 did next. She saved the day.

With all other rooms full, she upgraded me to a junior suite on the second floor at no extra charge. That room was satisfactory. Everything worked. There were no leaks in the bathroom. There were no strange odors. This room had a digital TV, a nice couch, and a Queen Anne occasional chair with a footrest. The sizable fridge was in the armoire which kept it very quiet. It also had a microwave. The bed was comfortable. I got a very good night's sleep here. I had an acceptable experience in this room.

When I met the owner/operator the next morning, he seemed interested in my concerns and feedback.

The Knights Inns have a very basic continental breakfast. This one offered more than usual with juices, cereal, and breads for toasting, plus coffee and tea.

The biggest advantage of this motel is price. But, you get what you pay for.

The second advantage is location. Seekonk is close to Providence, Cranston, and Warwick in Rhode Island. It is also a stepping stone to Cape Cod and Plymouth, Massachusetts.

A final note...My selections on the ratings scale are based on averaging the three unacceptable rooms and the junior suite. Example: 1 star service from Deskwoman #1 averaged with 5 star service from Deskwoman #2.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, I suggest paying more for a junior suite upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Laramie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I had the unfortunate experience of staying at this shady hotel. I beg anyone considering this hotel to reconsider, as they will still your personal belongings. We had our kindle fire stolen from this hotel. When we confronted management about this, they were unfriendly, uncooperative, and downright hostile. On top of that the room was smelly and dirty and, unless your the incredible hulk, good luck getting out of the room itself as the doors swell and lock you in at night. We travel often, and this hotel was the worst experience I have ever had with hotels. Save yourself the misery of staying here and seek another hotel!

Room Tip: Here's a good tip--don't stay at this hotel. Make sure you check ratings before you make hot...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Seekonk? Share your experiences!