“Enjoyed a large meal at Outback, but steaks weren't cooked right!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Warren, Rhode Island
“Enjoyed a large meal at Outback, but steaks weren't cooked right!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

You can't leave Outback without being very full! My girlfriend and I recently ate here. We actually took a long time to decide on entrees and received our delicious bloomin' onion before even deciding on entrees! We told the waiter one more minute to look at menu and he did not return for 5, so that was a bit frustrating. It was also a Monday night and there were 4 tables total (it was 9pm). I ordered steak tips ordered medium and my girlfriend got the big Ribeye ordered medium rare. Either the waiter (repeated and stressed warm pink/red bloody steak) messed up or the cooks did, but mine was definitely more rare then hers. Mine was bright red and her steak was pink. We could hear the cook(s) yelling "let get these last orders out so we can go home", so we felt uncomfortable sending both our entrees back (especially after watching movies like Waiting). Otherwise I would have liked mine cooked a bit longer. She said her steak was okay and in addition to wanting it more red inside, it was really fatty. I tried some and honestly I have recently ordered RibEyes at two different Ruby Tuesdays (swansea and middletown RI) and not only are they cheaper ($18 vs Outback $24!!!), but it was less fatty, and tasted better! My steak tips were okay but the Teriyaki sauce didn't taste that great. We both got sweet potato fries and they were really dark/nearly burnt. The mash potatoes and rice was good. We of course also enjoyed the Outback bread at the beginning and enjoyed the bloomin' onion. Although, the Bloomin onion also wasn't as good as usual. It was really dark and a lot of the pieces were clumped together making it difficult to tear off a reasonable piece of the bloomin onion!

Overall we were a bit disappointed. We wanted to come due to wanting some steak but her Ribeye was excessively fatty and my tips weren't cooked to my liking at all, nor was her ribeye. The service was a tad bit slow and the food is overpriced. I will always love the Outback but I won't be rushing to return back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“Very Good Most of the time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a very good Outback steakhouse. The service is consistently good to excellent. On a rare occasion you may run into an improperly cooked steak, or a fried item that was in the oil a little too long. These are inconsistencies that pop up even in the finest of steak houses as new chefs and cooks are trained.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Providence, Rhode Island
“A Disappointing Meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife thought that we should go out for a steak dinner rather than home cooked on the grille. We chose Outback along with another couple to go out for steaks, it turned out not to be a good decision. We started with their famous Bloomin' Onion which was over cooked, very dark and crispy. Three of four ordered their Outback special (signature) Sirloin. Two ordered the 9 oz. as stated with pink center if cooked medium well. They were both over done, tough, dry and tasteless. I ordered the 12 oz. pink to a little red if cooked medium and wood-fired grilled. Mine was cooked to medium, a little tough also, not much taste and definitely not grilled. The fourth person ordered the "Alice Springs Chicken" . When I inquired he told me it was dry and a little tough. We have all been to Outback previously, but this time were all very disappointed in our appetizer and meals. Next time steaks on the Grille at home.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
uk
“Average Outback”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Service and food were OK, I have been in a few outbacks and have had many good meals, this was a dissapointment, my chicken was overcooked and dry, and my partners ribs were very much "fat". Busy night and had 30 min wait for table, maybe more chefs required.

On this location TGIF was much better for quality and service.

Visited June 2013
East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
“my sons favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Cant get a steak for this amount with a delicious walk about soup or crisp salad and warm bread. The stuffed bake potato is always creamy and tasty. My son loves the fries with cheese and bacon and the baked macaroni too. I've had chicken and pork chops here that are also very good. The shrimp on the barbie is always good. Wish it wasn't so noisy when its busy, but I guess thats good for them

Visited April 2013