“Still good with a few suprises” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Scituate
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Riva Restaurant is Italian/New American restaurant located in downtown scenic Scituate Harbor. Our dining is romantic & charming while our separate bar area is like a rustic beach bar. Enjoy our outdoor patio with live music all summer long!! Riva uses only fresh ingredients and offers excellent dinner specials 7 nights a week.
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Still good with a few suprises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The occaisional menu change and specials by Chef Mike, still keep me coming best. Very good all around experience. The bartendars need to step up thier game to the new competition across the street

Visited April 2014

“Tops in Scituate for Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Riva kills it with great food and service. Fantastic menu with great specials everyday. Danielle and Brianna and the rest of the staff really make you feel at home. Chef Michael brings plenty of flair to everyday Italian meals. Our favorite by far!

Visited January 2014
“Very consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Riva was my husband's and my favorite restaurant for years. In spite of the usual 30 minute wait it was our go to. We still go, but recently have started trying other restaurants due to one experience with a waitress (has been there as long as we have been going) was rude to me over how I asked for my fish to be cooked. Still, the food is consistently good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scituate, Massachusetts
“A wonderful meal in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We look for great food, atmosphere, and service. And OMG! an outstanding experience time after time. This is an intimate restaurant and bar - yet with a neighborly feel. The service is as professional as any fine restaurant (Danielle is a pro.!). Tonight we had the lasagna - gorgeous and meaty - and the special chicken with sun dried tomatoes and gorgonzola - tender and flavorful. This is a favorite South Shore treasure- such a nice evening.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“A bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

we had a gift certificate for Riva so we decided to do brunch. There is not a great deal of typical brunch items on the menu but with four of us we sampled different dishes. I had the eggs benedict which were very good, fresh fruit bowl (mostly grapes with a few bits of melon, no strawberries or blueberries which I found odd) my husband had the steak and eggs, my other two guests had eggs and chorizo and the huevos rancheros. We had two mimosas and two cups of tea. The tea was the most disappointing part of the meal. I feel the waitress should have mentioned they only serve chamomile tea which I do not like and the water was tepid at best. We enjoyed our meal the bill was almost $100 for the four of us before tip. There was some light live music playing close to us so when the restaurant filled up it was difficult to hear one another. I can't say I would rush back at those prices but for a special occasion give it a try.

• Visited February 2014