“Cape Cod's finest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marshland Restaurants & Bakeries

Marshland Restaurants & Bakeries
109 Route 6A, Sandwich, MA 02563 (Formerly Marshland Restaurant)
508-888-9824
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Brooklyn, New York, USA
“Cape Cod's finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is the one place we wait all year every year to get back to on our Summer vacation. Stuffed quehog is legendary and pretty much everything else is homemade and full of goodness. Baked goods ain't bad either.

Visited August 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“high quality seafood, diner-like experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is like a diner, but with seafood and other really great homemade food (mac & cheese, etc.). We were looking for a quick dinner before getting on the road and this was perfect. There are two U-shaped counters and booths. There were five of us and we did sit around one of the counters, and we had a couple on either side of us, but this wasn't really a problem - everyone was friendly. In all we had fisherman's platter, mac & cheese, clam chowder, and fried fish, and it was all delicious and reasonably priced. Would definitely stop here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“sometimes the places you stumble upon turn out to be the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I took a ride while on the Cape out 6A to the town of Sandwich, We stumbled upon an excellent little place called Marshland Restaurant so we decided to check it out. WOW...the place was so cool. It is very small..about 1 dozen booths/tables at best..but so really cool counter space with those rounds stools to sit on. The menu was good...I was more interested in the specials they had on the blackboard. I had a bowl of the Lobster Bisque soup..for like $5.95..it was probably the best I ever had in my life. It actually had chunks of lobster in it..not just orange broth...it was excellent!. I also went with the stuffed quahog. I like those very much and always get them when I am on the Cape since they do not have them in PA...What I did not realize is that Mainland boasts one of the biggest stuffed quahogs around...as featured on The Food Network's "The Best thing I ever ate". I had to try it...For $4.50..it was the BEST quahog I ever had...really sweet...lots of clams, I think it was the Ritz crackers..little chunks of the linguisa in it..it was filling. My wide decided to have breakfast whick is always served..and she went with the egg croissant sandwich with potatoes and corned beef hash. The CB hash was great...not too salty and you can taste that it was homemade. We decided to eat at the counter because it seemed so cool...plus we felt like locals even though we weren't. The staff is friendly and nice. They take credit cards...a lunch for the two of us came to about $25 with tip. I was full for the rest of the day. If you are on 6A..you have to check this place out...they also have an awesome bakery too....got some muffings for breakfast the next day....The pistachio and the corn-cranberry muffins were homemade and awesome...Mainland goes on the list for revistour next time in CC.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Feels like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I eat here everytime i visit my parents. It is like homemade cooking. Its small and cute and the staff is always friendly. Dont let the comment above about the clam in the corn chowder scare you. Ive never had a problem with their food. Eat here! Trust me you will love it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Don't be fooled by the decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Marshland looks like something out of Andy Griffith in Mayberry.Don't let this deter you from stopping, the locals eat here! I like to get the fried shrimp plate, it is delicious. Huge fried shrimp served with really good french fries. We usually split a caesar salad, it is big enough for 3 or 4 to share. They have a bakery/take out shop attached to the restaurant and they give you an assorted basket of bread with your meal. The wait staff is very friendly and you don't feel rushed even if there are people waiting for your table. I have been going for years and it always is good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere