“Excellent Icecream” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ice Cream
Coventry,Ct
“Excellent Icecream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

First let me say, the choice of flavors are outstanding. With so much to chose from you, there is a flavor for everybody. Our son had his favorite 3 items in 1 flavor (chocolate peanut butter cookie dough). If a 16 year old says it is excellent, then it is excellent. My wife had soft serve chocolate and was very impressed by the destiny of the chocolate. I order a hot fudge sundae with the following ice cream (Moose Tracks, Vanilla and Chocolate Chip Cookie dough). The ice cream was creamy and rich. The hot fudge was out of this world. If you are in the area a stop at the Twin Acres is a must.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

United States
“Really, Really Good Ice Cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lots of flavors of ice cream. Lots of people serving, so the waits won't be long, even if the lines seem long. New flavors every season. Having a party? Advance order the ice cream pizza. (It looks like a small pizza pie, but it's all ice cream.)

Visited July 2014
Spaxton, United Kingdom
“Ice Cream To Die For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

After reading a recommendation for this place we had to give it a try.Wow am I pleased we did, the ice cream was just like we used to have in England 50 years ago. It was rich, creamy and without a doubt good. The selection of flavours was also mind blowing. I did not count but there were 30/40 of them. I only had 3, the Dark Chocolate, Coffee/Toffee and Peppermint were enough to keep me happy for a while. My wife not a huge ice cream fan ( but I still love her ) had Lemon Sorbet and also Raspberry Sorbet each had chunks of fruit in them. She seemed to be struggling so I, being the nice man that I am helped her finish her portion. This is a place that I WILL return to.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Hampton, Connecticut
“Since we were kids...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was always the last stop out of town, and now that I'm n the driver's seat, it's more than that.

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fabulous Cape Cod ice cream stand along the Canal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My fiance & I spent a wonderful Sunday afternoon having really nice lunch at The Pilot House. Although the weather was misty, we strolled a bit along the Canal bike Path after our meal. Then serendipitously came upon this very cute and amazingly still open ice cream stand. Although most flavors were gone...I gather they're getting ready to close for the season...the ones we did get were delish! We asked for a cup and given a generous portion. Always a treat to have REAL ice cream. I can sense this place is quite popular in the summer season. Very nostalgic in design. Definitely worth returning next year.

• Visited November 2013