“Magical Place - poor customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Museums & Gardens

Heritage Museums & Gardens
67 Grove Street, Sandwich, MA 02563 (Formerly Heritage Plantation)
508 888 3300
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 Attractions in Sandwich
Type: Art Museums, History Museums, Gardens, Parks, Specialty Museums, Museums
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: You can enjoy more than 70 acres of gardens after visiting the art and history museums at the Heritage.
Worcester, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
“Magical Place - poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Museum and Garden were the best part of the Cape. We found it accidently and spent two days there - there's a surprise around every corner. However, I have emailed the Heritage twice about making arrangements for my handicapped friend to visit and have had no response. I have been trying since April - I will not go back if this lack of communication is indicative of their customer service.

Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Boston
12 attraction reviews
“Something for Everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I thought I'd spend the time until my inn check-in on Cape Cod at Heritage Gardens and I was not disappointed. Hours can be spent at this attraction. I had always wanted to see this and it did not disappoint.
There are miles to walk where you can meditate or enjoy the plants, flowers, fountains and kinetic sculptures. There was a working carousel which will delight children and the young at heart. I was so pleased in my retirement years to be able to mount and dismount the horse unaided; it brought back memories of my childhood. There is a neat tree house for children to climb midst some outdoor exhibits in a refreshing hollow.There was a fascinating exhibit of primitive American art as well as a car exhibit. Photo opportunities abound.

Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
“Gardens worth the visit. Car museum wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Even though the rhododendron were no longer in bloom, the visit to the gardens was most enjoyable. This is definitely worth a visit. Easy walking on paved and ground paths.

The auto museum was filled with very interesting old and concept cars (including a flying car and solar powered car). A must see for all car buffs.

Burlington, Connecticut
39 attraction reviews
“Off The Beaten Path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

To us, the automobile exhibit was the best part of this stop. It seems like, as others have said, we missed most of the beautiful flowers in bloom by going in mid June. There were still pretty flowers and plants in some parts, but we definitely didn't get the full experience. The $15 entrance fee did seem a bit much to us by the time we left - but again as someone else said, it's about timing. Not sure what else will be blooming later in the summer, might be best to check that out first. There are still some fun things, like a treehouse, sundial, waterfall, etc. Just not quite what we were expecting. Contemplated between rating 3 or 4, but the automobile exhibit really was interesting, so 4 it is! It's not something I would consider a must do while on the cape though. It's definitely off the beaten path & could provide a relaxing afternoon if that's what you're looking for. You feel like you're driving through the middle of the woods looking for it, but just keep going & you'll get there!

Punta Gorda
“Gorgeous place for a wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Heritage Museum and Gardens hosted my son and his fiancées wedding. The grounds were a gorgeous backdrop for the wedding ceremony and for photos. The staff was helpful and friendly.