“Cold night, heart warming dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Rockport
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Boston, USA
“Cold night, heart warming dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had Alaskan pesto salmon, my friend had chicken cacciatore, both excellent. Hard to resist eating all bread: so good. 0wner Donna served us, very friendly, caring. I had not eaten here for a while ( too long) but I will return soon.

Kennebunkport, Maine
“italian bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

A great find in Rockport! Cozy, warm, and delicious! We had the veal marsala, and veal parmesan and they were both fabulous. It is a slow-paced restaurant where you can enjoy and savor your meal and your company, so be sure to make reservations early enough if you have someplace else to be. Loved the BYOB, saved some money and got to enjoy just the bottle of wine that we wanted. We will be back.

Visited January 2014
Cape Cod, MA
“A great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I tried to dine here a year ago, but without reservations, there was no way....I called a month ahead of our trip to Rockport this year and was all set with my reservation, until we arrived and were told there was no reservation in our name....since Lo Grasso's does not book through Open Table, I had no proof of my reservation. All was not lost, however...I explained the situation to the young woman who had greeted us (one of only two waitresses) and she promised to take care of us. We were seated shortly after, in a cozy corner. The atmosphere is wonderful; the décor is lovely; beautiful jewel tones and soft lighting everywhere you look! I had come across an online coupon for free bruschetta so I brought in my printed copy and it was graciously accepted. I always do my research on tripadvisor so I knew I wanted to try the Scallops Puttanesca. Great choice! The dish was excellent and I savored every bite. My husband was equally delighted with his dinner and we were having such a nice time, we decided to split a dessert to extend the evening....at that point we were so full, we couldn't even finish it although it was delicious. We loved the BYOB policy; great way to save a few bucks, but in the end, I put the savings into a huge tip; the young waitress who took such good care of us. She worked harder than anyone I have seen in quite a while!

Visited November 2013
Albany, New York
“One could not expect better.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

A little gem of a restaurant like I would expect in Italy. Husband is the chef, Donna is the main waitress...only one during the week. Excellent service, one of the best meals we have had anywhere, at a very reasonable price. Only drawback is hard to find...small sign, but wow would I go back there again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding...as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We lived on Cape Ann for many years, and became devotees of LoGrasso's after our first visit way back. I had often commented that it was the equal or better of anything Boston's North End offered. We returned to Cape Ann and the Boston area this past fall after a 4-year absence, and visitng LoGrasso's was just like going...well, home. That is, if your home featured a dynamite Italian chef, and a warm ambiance that just embraces and envelops you. I've worked through most of the menu over the years, focusing primarily on the seafood dishes, and have never been disappointed. Donna's bread and desserts are scrumptious, and Sal's everything else is just dependably delicious. They've stayed with the BYOB even tho' Rockport is now wet, and it makes things ever so much easier. So after 4 nights in Gloucester--and two evenings at LoGrasso's--we moved on for a 4-day stay in the middle of the very North End I'd always compared to LoGrasso's. We sampled 4+ Italian restaurants over those few days and can now conclude, with more certainty than in the past, that LoGrasso's bests them all. Handily. Thanks, Donna and Sal, for a great Welcome Home!

• Visited September 2013