“Always great!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dutchess County NY
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

The place to eat! Don't be fooled by out side appearance/location. In Rockport but nearer to train. Very cute,cozy inside. Good service, great food, On a weekend night-prepare to wait for the delicious meal being served. BYO place offers set up. Locals favorite.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Clifton Park, New York
“Nice place, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I could see where the ambiance could sell this place -- very cozy, very dim and intimate. And the service was very friendly, though a tad slow (it was fairly busy). As for the food, my crab cakes were... eh. They were innovative, and the flavor wasn't bad, but they were a bit mushy, not chunky/lump-y, and the mashed potatoes they came with were just bland. My boyfriend liked his lasagne well enough, though. Perhaps one should stick to the Italian specialties when ordering here.

Visited July 2011
Maine
“Good food, cozy atmosphere, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Lo Grasso's is located 1/4 mile from the downtown waterfront. The location does not have much curb appeal, but don't let that deter you. We called ahead for reservations, asked to be seated in a specific location (to the left of the entrance in a cozy nook), which I found out about through a review. The waitress said they were heavily booked, but she would try to honor our request. When my wife and I walked in they were busy, but sure enough there was a little tent card with our name on it on the best table in the restaurant. The service was excellent, the salad's and starters were the perfect size to split, and the entre came out hot and delicious. We brought our own wine, which worked out great. I recommend for anyone that wants good food, cozy atmosphere, good service at a great price.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston North
“Great, intimate dining at a reasonable price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

First, this restaurant should not be categorized as a deli. It is mainly an italian restaurant with a few seafood dishes. It is in an odd location, but do not be discouraged by the exterior. We loved it here. If you are just going as a couple, I would suggest requesting one of the tables to the left of the door as you enter the restaurant. It is a small place, and these three tables are a little more private -- kind of in their own nook. Things to note: dark and cozy atmosphere, quite romantic. I would say it is not a place to bring children -- especially as the tables are really close together and the whole place is one small room. Definitely BYOB, as they encourage this and do not serve alcohol. I think there was a $2.50 fee per person for providing the glasses and bottle opener. The bread was fabulous!! For our appetizer, we opted not to use the on-line coupon for the free bruschetta because we wanted to try the spicy calamari. Overall, the calamari was enjoyable. The flavor was great, but some of the pieces were a bit chewy, so that part was disappointing. We were also interested in the bacon wrapped scallops -- maybe next time! For dinners, we had the spinach ravioli (very delicious but rich) and the chicken marsala (thick, white sauce, mild on the marsala flavor). They served each meal with a little bit of tempura-like asparagus. I hate asparagus, but this was done so well that I ate all of it! To finish the meal, we split the chocolate banana cake with kahlua chocolate sauce. It was probably one of my favorite desserts ever. It looked really rich but was actually very light and was fabulous with the scoop of vanilla ice cream that accompanied it. If I remember correctly, all of the above food cost only $66 with tax and tip! The service was pretty good, but a little brisk at times (probably due to the fact that the place seems to be run by 2-3 people). I would absolutely return to this restaurant without a doubt. I will have to either find an excuse to stay in Rockport again, or make the trip down just for dinner!!

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010 via mobile

Great food- enough said!!!!