“Extremely clean and well kept inn.” 4 of 5 stars

Pleasant Street Inn
17 Pleasant Street, Rockport, MA 01966   |
Ranked #8 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“Extremely clean and well kept inn.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The Pleasant Street Inn was located only steps away from Bearskin Neck. It is set high from the street and has good parking. The front porch w/rocking chairs was a nice touch w/my evening glass of wine-just watching the world go by. Do bring your own libations, Rockport is a dry town. Inn was nearly full for the night, but the guests were quiet. Each floor has a small refrigarator for guest use. There is an ice machine on the 1st floor. My room was small, but exceptionally clean. Continental breakfast was nicely served in the dining room-cereals, fresh fruit, juice, yogurt, homemade breakfast cake, and english muffins. The owners/innkeepers-Lynne was a bit standoffish, her husband was much more social. I would definitely stay here again-for the peace and quiet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed at this inn after a reservation mix-up with another b&b. The location is great as you can walk to all the main Rockport attractions. The owner was very nice and she helped us choose a restaurant for dinner as well as allowed us to park at the inn after we had checked out. We were in a room on the 3rd floor that had a queen bed, a love seat and a private bath. The room also had its own a/c unit which did a great job at keeping the room cool. Although we had no trouble with the stairs, elderly guests would probably be better off on the 2nd floor as the stairs to the 3rd floor were very steep and narrow. Breakfast was ok, but I am always left feeling a little unsatisfied with a continental breakfast. If there had been eggs at breakfast this would have been a 5 star stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed here unexpectedly over the 4th of July weekend. We had originally booked a room with another place by the sea, but it turns out they were full. The original guy we booked the room with called his friend Lynne at the Pleasant Street Inn and she had a room available for us, so we headed over there. She allowed us to check-in early (9am), as we had been driving all night. We opened the windows in our room and had a fantastic nap until midday when we went out to explore Rockport. The room was sooo charming, it had a little window seat, steeply-pitched ceilings, charming decor, and a cute bathroom. It is worth mentioning that everything in the inn was meticulously clean; you could eat off their floors, I'm sure!!! The inn sits on top of a beautiful hill and was landscaped so beautifully. There were flowers everywhere. It also has a huge, inviting porch on which we enjoyed breakfast the next morning. We had yogurt, fresh fruit, freshly-baked muffins, cereal, juice, and coffee. We enjoyed our stay there very much and would not hesitate to return!!! Plus you can't beat the price - $115 for a house that is within easy walking distance of the town, clean, great breakfast, and kind hospitality. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Set in a quiet residential neighborhood in this delightful coastal town, the Inn is just a short walk from 3 beaches and the shops that make Rockport so much fun! From the moment we walked in, it was clear that the Inn's owner, Lynn, pays extreme attention to detail, ranging from the mural of the cow jumping over the moon to the beautiful bedspreads. The Inn has two cottages, an old fashioned swing, and a big porch full of rocking chairs that look out on the expansive front lawn. The rooms are very cozy (although the bathrooms may be a little too cozy), with their window seats and, if you are lucky enough to get room 7, a tight little loft. Breakfast was a typical B&B continental -- cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, and coffee but supplemented by English muffins and home-baked apple-spice cake (when we were there). The inn left us so relaxed and content that, when it came time to leave, we contemplated staying an additional night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

My husband and I spent New Year Eve at this inn. We are from Boston and it is just one hour drive to Rockport. We wanted to do the 1st night in Rockport instead of downtown Boston. We got lost driving in due to the snow storm and we could not see any signs so I called the housekeeper, Lynn, she was so nice to direct us and kept on the phone until we found the inn.

As we arrived, I fell in love with the house. It is a beautiful Victorian house overlooking the hill and part of the ocean. Lynn gave us the best room since the other couple canceled the trip. The room has an amazing view and many windows. I was pleasantly surprised.

Lynn also provided us lots of information on the First night at Rockport. The inn is so closed to town and it was an easy walk to the center of everything. She even gave us her extra 1st night bottoms so that saved us $30.

Next morning, Lynn prepared for a great breakfast for just two of us. It was more than enough and got us start the first day of the new year. Lynn and I chatted a little about motherhood. It was really nice.

I felt lucky to find this inn and being the last couple of the season staying there made us special. We got all the attentions. I would go back and stay at this place anytime!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Pleasant Street Inn over Thanksgiving weekend. In a nutshell we had a wonderful time. The inn is charming, and within walking distance to downtown Rockport. I had read the other (negative) reviews on TripAdvisor before making the reservation, so I have to admit I was a little concerned but those concerns turned out to be unfounded. The innkeepers were nice, and even gave us a choice of rooms as the inn wasn't very busy over Thanksgiving. We switched rooms from the one we reserved after checking them all out, which was absolutely fine with the innkeepers. Breakfast was tasty, the inn was affordable, overall it's a great choice if you plan on staying in Rockport.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
southbury ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

My friend and I made our first trip to Rockport and our first stay at the Pleasant Street Inn this past weekend. I'm sure it will be the first of many visits back to the area and most definitely the Pleasant Street Inn. I've read some reviews where the innkeepers were described as less than friendly - my impression is that they were extremely accommodating, had answers to my questions, let us check in early because our room had already been prepared and when I showed up for breakfast early and the dining room was still being set up, the room was quickly opened for me. Lynn gave us brochures to help my friend and I find our way around. I couldn't have asked for more from them.

The room was immaculately clean with both an air conditioner and ceiling fan should we need either one. The Inn was well stocked with books and magazines and had a cozy sitting room. The front porch was welcoming and I had my morning coffee sitting out there looking at a beautifully landscaped property. The dining room was set for breakfast with china, glassware and a lace tablecloth. Homemade muffins, fruit, orange juice and more coffee awaited me, plus a selection of cereals and yogurts.

We enjoyed walking back and forth to the Village and found the walk back after dinner, after dark, to be very enjoyable and safe. The location is perfect - away from the busy village scene and set on top of a picturesque hill.

Probably the best thing about our stay was the friendly people we met at the Inn. Some mentioned that they had been coming to the Pleasant Street Inn for years and would continue to do so. I'll also be staying at this cozy, clean and convenient Inn whenever I find myself in Cape Ann again - hopefully soon.

The price is very reasonable and you get a great deal.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Pleasant Street Inn? Share your experiences!