“Simple place BUT great Food...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Texas
“Simple place BUT great Food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I walked in and the owner knew we were not from the area. He said just pick what you want and pay later... We started with 6 oysters, one lobster roll, and a bowl of clam chowder. WOW...what a great lunch...went back for a whole lobster and 6 more oysters. Sat outside on the little deck area and enjoyed every piece of our lunch!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Oh yeah great lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Ate outside on some perfectly steamed lobsters after delicious clam chowder and a dozen raw oysters. Friendly staff invited you in to the shack loaded with all kinds of seafood. Great brunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Littleton, New Hampshire
“Old New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband is on a quest for the best clam chowder and we think we found it here. He even went back the next day and had it for breakfast! You walk in the door, someone asks you what you want, and they hand it to you. Simple as that. The freshest seafood you will ever taste.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Simple place, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a small place, no fuss, friendly staff. Without the hug red lobster, I'd have said this place was nondescript. Walk in a small door to a dark inside- the right is lined by tanks of lobsters, the left by the drink dispenser. Place your order at the cashier's about 10 feet into the shop. A small plastic case displays the shrimp cocktails or salmon with their special sauce ($4 to $6) just in front of the cashier. They microwaved my fish cake ($2 for a patty about 3 inches in diameter, not bad) on the spot. I got a lobster roll for $18. I am partial to lobster rolls. This was really fresh (the crustacean was still swimming 3 hours beforehand, I was told!) and didn't have too much butter or mayo. It came with Lays chips and that was in. Simple and satisfying. Take your food to the open deck at the back (less than 10 tables)... not entirely scenic but still a pleasant place to enjoy good no-frills food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derby, UK
“Freshest fish you can ever eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the 'restaurant' (shack!) after seeing recommendations on Trip Advisor. It looks run down from the outside and I would have walked straight past had I not done some research in advance... I'm so glad I did.

I ordered a lobster roll, which was just under $20, and I sat and ate it on the benches at the back overlooking the bay (sadly my husband doesn't like fish). It was delicious. When I told them that I'd never eaten an oyster, they gave me one on the house. What a lovely gesture.

Highly recommended!