“A solid 3.8” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Massachusetts
“A solid 3.8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2007

We stayed at the Seven South Street Inn. I cannot say it's a five but it's solidly a 3.8. It's a cute inn that has small rooms. The breakfasts are wonderful. Internet access is available but sometimes weak or limited. Not all plugs are 3 prong so laptops, etc are an issue. If you don't care about those issues, it's a 5. In terms of value for the $$ ...not bad. If your looking for something nice and affordable, this is it. Room 7 is far superior to all the rest and our favorite.

• Liked — Proximity to town center
  • Disliked — room size, limited internet access, innkeepers seem tired of guests at times
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
The Villages, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2006

How fortunate we are to have found Seven South Street Inn when staying in Rockport. This fall was our third stay there and, as usual, never a disappointment with the Inn or innkeepers. Cleanliness is at the top of our list and this Inn is spotless. Miss Debbie serves a full breakfast each morning that is a gourmet's delight. It is more like a brunch and leaves no room for lunch!
As for the innkeepers, Debbie and Nick, their hospitality and helpfulness make us feel like family - a home away from home atmosphere. When the leaves start to turn next fall, we look forward to returning to beautiful Rockport and the Benn's lovely Inn. The charm of New England is only seconded by the decor and charm of each room at the Inn.

The Village People, FL

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendliness of innkeepers, food, decor
  • Disliked — Not being able to bring our dogs
  • Tips/Secrets — Enjoy and return to beautiful Rockport
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

This year was our third stay with Debbie & Nick. We've stayed in three different rooms over our visits and each room is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The breakfasts are amazing, with fresh muffins and scones, fruit smoothies and wonderful entrees along with good conversation with the other guests. Each year we meet people at breakfast who have been coming back for 5, 6 & 7 years in a row, so visit this inn - you won't be dissappointed. Debbie & Nick are perfect hosts.

Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

As a solo traveller I really appreciate having somewhere welcoming and safe to stay. I LOVE Seven South Street Inn. I've now stayed there 3 times and I feel like Debbie & Nick the Inn-keepers are friends. They were able to pick me up from Rockport station (a 20 minute walk, mostly uphill) and I stayed in Room 4, which is ideal for 1 person. The room is always spotlesslessly clean. It's got double aspect windows so you can get a nice breeze even on a hot day. It overlooks the back yard, and contracry to a previous reviewer the only smells wafting up were fresh ground coffee or delicious home-baked muffins.

Debbie is an excellent cook who takes pride in her baked goods (bluebeery muffins, belgian white chocolate scones etc) and her breakfast entrees (everything from Eggs Oscar to Waffles, to Apples Strudel French Toast with bacon etc). Her home made smoothies she serves with breakfast (in a champagne flute) are too die for.

Yes, there are other Inns in Rockport, but I doubt you'll get a better breakfast. Also if you are fussy about cleanliness (and I am), I don't believe you'll find anywhere cleaner.

Debbie is always happy to have a chat, but is also very good at gauging if people want to be left alone. The pefect hostess I'd say.

• Stayed July 2006
Leominster, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

I will never, ever stay here again. I reserved a room for $139 per night on the phone and my credit card statement came in with a charge for $179! When I called the innkeeper to discuss the erroneous charge he yelled at me and accused me of trying to get him to cut me a deal. Unreal. I do NOT recommend staying at this inn. There are too many other inns in Rockport.

• Stayed June 2006
Dennis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

This inn was wonderful. The breakfasts were out of this world. HUGE! we didn't need lunch. We rented two rooms and both were extremely clean. The beds were very comfortable. They were both decorated to the Nines, very well.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2006

I was horrified to find a negative review of this Inn. I have been there a number of times and found Deborah and Nicolas to be gracious and considerate hosts. I would highly recommend this Inn, which is in a quaint New England seashore town, yet convenient by train to Boston and other North Shore communities.

Been to Seven South Street Inn? Share your experiences!