“Perfect New England Inn” 5 of 5 stars

7 South Street, Rockport, MA 01966   |
Ranked #2 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sterling, Massachusetts
“Perfect New England Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to head to Rockport for a last minute labor day vaca. We were SO lucky and got a room for one night at Seven South Street Inn. We were greeted by the fantastic owners and shown to our amazing room. Everything was PERFECT. We stayed in room 6, and everything was so comfortable and inviting, it didnt matter that I left my overnight bag at home!! It was clean, cozy, and decorated very classic New England. In the morning we met other guests in the dining room for a very special and tasty breakfast prepared and served by the owners. I felt like I belonged instantly, and enjoyed every bite of breakfast, complete with homemade coffee cake and fruit smoothies!! I will be staying there again and again and hopefully for many nights in a row!! THANK YOU for making our weekend so carefree, comfortable and welcoming!!

Room Tip: Book early to get a room of your choice, but any one will be worth it!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I just finished my first stay with Seven South Street Inn and I loved it! There is no doubt in my mind that I will stay here again when visiting Rockport! The innkeepers, Debbie and Nick, were warm, welcoming, pleasant, friendly, and attentive to all of our needs! Debbie and Nick made us feel very much at home and Debbie's breakfast is delicious!!!! Her breakfast alone is reason enough to stay at this fine bed and breakfast, but the service is also top-notch! Debbie and Nick were very helpful in finding good local restaurants, providing us with directions to attractions and beaches in the area, and even giving us beach chairs and umbrellas, as well as beach passes, free of charge!!! I was impressed with Debbie and Nick's kindness and sweet, gentle demeanor! Debbie and Nick are incredibly hospitable and strive to make their guests as comfortable and as happy as possible! The rooms each have their own bathroom and the rooms are impeccably clean! The rooms are beautiful and well-appointed! The bed is extremely comfortable and the rooms are air-conditioned! The Seven South Street Inn is a wonderful place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone!!! You will feel welcome and pampered by Debbie and Nick, you will LOVE Debbie's sinful and unique, freshly prepared breakfasts, and you will love the beautiful rooms!!! I can't say enough good things about the Seven South Street Inn!!! Normally, I don't write reviews on hotels or bed and breakfasts, but I felt that Debbie and Nick were so hospitable, friendly, and accommodating to us during our stay that I wanted to give them an excellent review!!! Thank you Debbie and Nick! I look forward to returning next year!!! :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My daughter and I just completed our vacation and stayed at the Seven South Street Inn for the second year and can't wait to return next year. Debbie and Nick make you feel so much at home and make the extra effort to make sure that you have everything you need. They were very helpful in helping us find local restaurants and by giving us directions to places that we wanted to visit. All the rooms are beautifully decorated and you really haven't experienced anything until you have eaten one of Debbie's super delicious breakfasts. This Inn is special in every way and I would highly recommend it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I just finished my stay with Seven South Street Inn for the second year and I have to say it was amazing, as usual! I didn't think last year's visit could be topped but I was wrong. I honestly have no idea where the negative reviewers on this site stayed but it wasn't at this inn! Debbie and Nick are incredibly gracious and kind people. If your room runs out of tissue, let them know and they would get it for you in a heartbeat. Don't leave a bad review because they couldn't read your mind that your tissue box was empty. As far as the accusations that Debbie and Nick are rude, that is far from the truth. They are both incredibly sweet and hospitable. Any time we asked for restaurant recommendations they would offer up several suggestions. I accidentally locked myself out one evening at 10:30 and had to call Nick for a spare. He got right on it and within 5 minutes I was back in my room. I urge you to read the positive reviews and know this place is an excellent inn with hospitable hosts, AMAZING food and is an extremely pleasant place to stay! Anytime I plan on visiting Rockport, I will not be staying anywhere but Seven South Street Inn. I feel as if I am a part of Nick and Debbie's family :)

Room Tip: I have only stayed in room #5. It is perfect for an individual or a couple. This room is located at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and I stayed here for the first time this summer. We fell in love with the inn and Nick and Debbie. They provided excellent service, provided gluten free food, and were helpful with providing directions to local places. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The best part was getting to know the Nick and Debbie and the other guests during family style breakfast each day. The four course breakfasts knock other B & B food out of the water. Will definitely plan on staying here again. Absolutely wonderful experience. The location is great too, just a short walk into town and a quick drive to the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently went on a week-long vacation with my boyfriend (August 13 to 18, 2012). After searching online for nice getaways that were close to our home base in CT, we decided on Rockport, Mass. A quick little search on Yelp! and Trip Advisor brought me to Seven South Street Inn, and I couldn't be happier with our choice.

Seven South Street Inn is run by Debbie and Nick, and you can tell that they love what they do. Debbie was extremely helpful and kind during the booking process, especially when I asked if there was anything they could do for my boyfriend's birthday during the week we were there. She offered a candle in his morning muffin (more on breakfast later) and a tray of champagne and homemade chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room.

Upon check-in, we met Nick, who was very welcoming and promptly showed us up to our room (#3). He suggested where we should, and should not, go to eat, and how to get to the private beach we were allowed to use. After settling in, we discovered a wonderful binder full of information that had been put together by Debbie and Nick, including information and history about the inn, menus from restaurants, brochures from local tourist sites, and more. We spent a good 20 minutes just looking through that book to find things we wanted to do!

I had read on both sites that Debbie serves an awesome breakfast, and I was far from disappointed. With two sittings every morning (8am and 9am), you can choose which you would rather go to (note: most people go to the 9am, which fills up quickly. If you're an early riser, I would suggest the 8am.) When you first sit down, you are welcomed by a nicely arranged fruit plate, with different fruit every morning. Debbie offers you coffee, tea (which she has a HUGE selection of, the raspberry pomegranate green tea being my personal favorite) or juice and then tells you of that morning's breakfast entree, allowing you to leave out (or change) anything that doesn't suit your tastes. While we were there, we enjoyed an egg omelette with spinach and mushrooms, cinnamon swirl french toast, Belgian waffles with peaches and cream, and a poached egg with holandaise sauce on a croissant. After the fruit plates have been cleared, she brings out a freshly-made pastry or baked good, ranging from the traditional banana muffin to a delicious strawberry rhubarb coffee cake. Then comes a freshly-made smoothie (which you should never say no to!) and finally the entree. A nice little conversation with the other guests, and it's the perfect way to start out your day.

Our room in general was on the small side, but only because it was filled with a giant four-poster bed that was perfectly comfy with plenty of pillows. The housekeeping staff was perfect; I never noticed anything go unnoticed by them, and they were helpful when we asked where we should put our take-out food garbage when we didn't know what to do with it.

This bed and breakfast is truly a first class operation. This was the first bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in, but I have a feeling that this one is going to be hard to beat. We're already planning our vacation here next year! Oh, and those strawberries and champagne were delicious!

(This was also posted on Yelp!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shaftsbury, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed three, very quiet, comfortable nights in room #8 with its own private entrance. It does overlook the parking lot, but to us that was no problem. The room was spotless, and beautifully decorated. The microwave and refrigerator were a plus. The beach towels were a nice touch as we also had one lovely afternoon relaxing and swimming in the pool. Debby and Nick were gracious hosts and the breakfasts are superb and expertly prepared. The quality of the dishes prepared,(never repeated during our stay), require time, effort and planning. We can understand the need to have seating times, 8 and 9 AM. There is obvious pride and attention to details in every aspect of the breakfasts and in the running of this Inn. We would stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seven South Street Inn? Share your experiences!