“very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Rockport
Sodus, New York
“very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

we stayed 3 nights and liked our room, it was neat and clean, we would like to see inside screen doors have a lock, as we like to sleep with door open, also would be nice if metal chairs outside had cushions as they are very hard to sit at any length of time, was very close to beach and shops, would like to see more easy for the handicap, we had mobility scooter and good thing i brought an extension cord, would stay again and have plans to stay again next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Nähe Bonn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was in the Peg Leg Rockport with my mom. I was 1 year in US as as aupair and my mom visited me in my last month. We are from germany. We bookes 1 or 2 night in advence and we stay all in all 5 nights. It was wonderful. We can highly recomend it and would always go there again. It is lovely there and we enjoyed every minute. Breakfast and room was perfect and service exelent.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

We stayed here only because our usual hotel was booked, and we were making the arrangements last minute.

The inkeeper was fairly pleasant (even though she was more concerned with whatever she was cooking - which smelled awful - than helping us check-in).

The rooms are nice enough. The beds were incredibly hard, and the pillows are like bricks (and weigh just about as much as one).

The location of this motel is great, but for the high price, I expected more.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Unfriendly service, too expensive.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

This motel has lovely potential, as it is situated across the road from the beach, and close to the town centre. However, its a little run down, and it would be good if the bathroom door closed! The room was very clean, but for the price you pay, you'd at least expect to get a coffee in the morning. But if looking for somewhere to go for breakfast, we can recommend 'The Greenery', great food and views.

• Liked — Windows open listening to the waves
  • Disliked — No coffe or food included
  • Tips/Secrets — Its next to a cemetary...but the ghosts were friendlier than the landlady!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2006

I agree with the last review, the room decor is very dated, but I could live with that, and the bed was comfortable. What I found disagreeable was the musty smell that permeates the room, the fact it has no clock or radio, and that you couldn't even get a cup of coffee in the morning. The location is very good though, and I guess that is what you are paying for.

• Stayed June 2006
Norwalk, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

Make sure you call FREQUENTLY to confirm your reservation (even if you aren't asked to and even if you leave a credit card number). My boyfriend and I arrived at 11:30pm on Sat. night (after being specifically told when I made the reservation that as long as I gave my credit card number in advance, I could check in at anytime). We were quite surprised when we learned that there were no rooms (even though I had just made the reservation only 5 days earlier after the motel had had a cancellation). The owner assured me this was the first time she had sent guests away, but I didn't buy her act since she was so sure she had no record of my name, credit card number or reservation in her book, but yet she never went to retrieve her book and actually LOOK in it. We were lucky enough to find a lovely couple across the street who worked for the Marriott chain, and they helped us find a room about 20 min. away. I have no idea where we would have slept had we not met them since the owner offered us NO assistance at finding an alternative location. We almost had to sleep in our SUV in the parking lot. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to someone since you could never be sure there would be a room for you when you got there. Do yourself a favor and get a room atl the Captain's Bounty across the street!

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

In spite of the previous review, we booked a night at the Peg Leg Motel and were not dissappointed. We stayed in #12 and the room was airy, clean and comfortable. We arrived at 9:30 in the morning and the owner was nice enough to let us into the room so that we had a place to change into our bathing suits and head for the beach. The central location is great, we never used the car. It's not the lap of luxury, but you're not paying luxury prices either.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Eagle House Beachside? Share your experiences!