“Ally's is reliably great” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: This Eclectic American Eatery is a long overdue and welcome addition to Rockport's cuisine scene, furthermore it's been drawing rave reviews since it's doors first opened on May 16, 2012. Gourmet Wraps, Original Paninis, Signature Subs, and Made Right Here seasonal soups abound. As well, Ally's is open year round.
Rockport
“Ally's is reliably great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is the best six-seat eatery you will ever visit, in beautiful Rockport. The food is freshly made, with bread baked that morning on "The Island." The soups are excellent. The paninis, wraps, and sandwiches are inventive and tasty. If the seats are full, you can take out and enjoy your meal by the harbor. Unlike many Rockport restaurants, Ally's is open every day, all year.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Rockport's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Ally's Eatery every summer holiday since it opened. They offer an imaginative cuisine, yes cuisine!, of wraps and salads, all generous fresh portions and scrumptious; their soups are creative and hot. Ally and Steve are great hosts who love what they do, My favorite wraps are the 1620 (turkey and dressing) and the chicken salad. Ally's is usually packed yet the service is lively and quick. It is our favorite hangout in Rockport. Bruce of Baltimore

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Crazy Names - Awesome Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you're looking for a spot to wake up your taste buds from overpriced and over fried seafood, gotta go to Ally's! I had the Rockporter and my boyfriend got the Front Beach. Both were fresh and delicious. The guys behind the counter were friendly and talked with us while our food was made. Definitely going back when we visit again.
Quick Note - This isn't a spot where you can sit down at a table and eat. There's a bar and stools, but it would be a tight fit. This is a get a gourmet sandwich and go enjoy it with the view of the ocean. Perfect!

Canton, Massachusetts
“Creative Names, Yet Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Recently went to Ally's over the summer based on seeing all the wonderful reviews here on Trip Advisor. However, I was displeased with not only the food but the service. I ordered the Green Muenster with no bacon, and when it was brought to me, it had bacon. I politely told the server who took our order and all she said was "Well I didn't make it." My S/O had the Watermelon Gazpacho which seemed watered down, and the chicken in his "The Fetch It" panini was cold. I do have to say that I loved the creative names of the menu items, but I was absolutely disappointed with the food and rude service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Proprietor J, Owner at Ally's Eatery, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Ally's laments that it has taken so long to respond to this contumelious "review," however we've been busy. Since day one of Ally's opening, as proprietor I have been there every single day; I enjoy micromanaging.
1. "I recently visited Ally's this past summer"; it'll be November in 7 days, what gives? 2. Nobody would ever dare speak to a patron like that here. 3. We don't have servers; we're 197 sq ft. 4. Since it's almost 6 mos. straight that Ally's has been #1 on Trip Advisor, odd reviews such as this one and another recent unsubstantiated and bogus review have been showing up.

As of this writing, Ally's Eatery has 70 reviews, with 60 rating us as excellent; as well the other 7 registering 4 star reviews (there are just some people who will just never give a 5 star review to anyone) Oh, the other 3, pathetic dolts penned those. A few more facts to ponder, people have offered to buy our chilled watermelon gazpacho recipe. Oh yeah, Ally's has never had "females who take orders."

Proof of all the aforementioned is found in the reviews themselves; READ THEM.
Delaware, Ohio
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a hidden gem in Rockport. There is not much seating in the restaurant, but the sandwiches and soups are great. The owners were very friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere