“Courtyard Marriott look alike!” 4 of 5 stars

Rockport Inn and Suites
183 Main St., Rockport, MA 01966   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Rockport
Alton, New Hampshire
“Courtyard Marriott look alike!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This motel is a "look alike" Marriott Courtyard - very similar in terms of bedding, room layout and decor, lobby, breakfast, etc. It was all good and clean and comfortable, even had a microwave and little fridge. Pool was excellent, towels provided. Did not utilize the breakfast. It is a .6 of a mile walk to the shops of Rockport, easy and convenient, but NOT on the beach, if that's what you are looking for. I would stay again. My only drawback was the pricing, it was a little much for it's location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
rockportinnsuites, General Manager at Rockport Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
What a great time of year to visit Rockport...with so much going on around town and the fantastic weather we are glad you stayed with us!!! With the Trolley across the street it makes getting to those beaches and downtown so much easier...Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I will make sure to share this with our staff!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The place seemed very clean. We stayed there 5 nights the last week of August 2013. I would say it is very well run, clean, and efficient. We had a suite so that our 2.5 year old could sleep in a separate room. It worked out very well. We stayed in the upstairs bedroom. The indoor pool is very nice and clean. Our son loved it. I'm usually a big breakfast person, but the free continental breakfast was O.K. if you're into that. I ate there most mornings. Considering the large size of our room and separate bedroom, I would say the rate was reasonable.

We had only a couple of minor issues with the room, but nothing serious. One of the ceiling lights was out. I called the front desk to report it, but it was never fixed while we were there. There were an additional 3 desk tamps in the room, so it wasn't really a problem. The faucet in the bathroom is a little warn and difficult to get the temperature exactly how you want. It seems like they don't have a good process for inspecting rooms, identifying things that need to be replaced, and following up with the maintenance.

I would definitely stay there again. The staff was very pleasant.

Room Tip: The suites next to the office are convenient.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am glad to see that the layout of our suites worked for every member of the family and you were able to relax and sleep comfortably... the pool is a great part of our property and we thrilled to have it!! We hope that when traveling again to Rockport you would again give us the opportunity to be your host!!! Hope to see you soon!!
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel and suites is Good, better than Average, but a little short of Very Good. It is right across the street from the town trolley/bus, which runs pretty frequently, and a very short drive to Bearskin neck, or the beaches in Gloucester and Rockport. We stayed for 2 nights and brought our medium sized dog, which we REALLY appreciated ( and paid $30/night extra for). We also appreciate that they let our well behaved dog, stay in the room when we were out, and took our cellphone in case he needed us. This alone is worth SO much to us. Most of the staff were friendly when necessary, though most of them not especially so. The facility is in good shape and clean. The room we stayed in had a slight odor of beach hotel ( damp-must) but compared to many hotels, not too bad. Other than that, the room was very clean and well maintained. I guess the only thing that disappointed me was, that despite the fact that they did not appear to be sold out at anytime during our stay, the woman who checked us in was adamant that check in is at 3 PM, and that she had no larger rooms available. Walking the dog during my stay, it appeared to me, that this wasn't entirely true, and that there likely were rooms ready at 1:30 when we got there. I think she may have assumed that I was looking for complimentary upgrade, rather than realizing that I was simply asking if there was a larger room available at anytime during our stay ( at any price), not necessarily at 1:30 when we were trying to check in. Honestly, she just didn't seem that sincere, and gave me the feeling that she might feel underpaid. Breakfast is standard cold continental fare, though served in a clean dining room. Newspapers were hard to come by, and seemed to be relinquished by the front desk as a definite favor. No sign of waffles nor anything warm other than coffee at breakfast. We'll likely try this place again, and are fairly optimistic that we may have better luck next time. We value hospitality very much, and just a little more of it would likely have gone a long way towards our overall impression. If Trip Advisor had a rating between Average and Very Good ( i.e.- Good) we'd have preferred to chose that in most of our ratings overall, instead of Average. This place is better than Average, but short of Very Good.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be parked in front of, others are in small courtyards, or in the main building. They...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for an honest review of your recent stay, I am glad to hear of the cleanliness levels throughout your stay and appreciate the work the staff does to provide that.. I apologize for you not experiencing our waffles,I have recently discovered a talent for making waffles as well and would love the opportunity to provide that for you again... please consider us again when visiting Rockport and Cape Ann
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a nicely located, very clean property with a wonderful staff. It has everything you'd want for a nice stay...a microwave, refrigerator, indoor pool, hot tub, internet access, free breakfast (ask for waffles) and located right across the street from the trolley. No need to drive to Rockport and fight for parking! We arrived earlier than expected and when we asked if we could just park the car, 'T' went out of her way to check us in early because we had an infant with us. That was greatly appreciated. I can't say enough about ALL the staff there including Matt, Kayla and everyone else whose name I don't know...very helpful with directions, eateries, etc.
We will definitely be back again! Thanks for a wonderful weekend stay!

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking, ask for a room with parking in front otherwise you may have to park...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are excited to hear of your recent experience at The Rockport Inn and Suites, It is great to hear of the impact the staff have on our guests stay...they consistently deliver great customer service and "T" is a fine example of that...we look forward to you staying with us again...see you soon!!
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

would have to agree with some of the reviews definitely clean but not a 250 a night room. The King loft sounded wonderful until we realized the second bed for our teen daughters was a pull out sofa (no more than a double) with a one inch mattress. The front desk was helpful and moved us to a two queen bed one room unit. The Inn looks nice at night from the outside and although clean the inside is very dated. The "free" breakfast in the morning is not worth staying for. I wish they would offer a ten or 15 dollar reduction so you could put that towards a nice breakfast at a local restaurant. Rockport Inn is not close enough to the water to walk but location is still good and we didnt find parking to be a big deal even on the Labor Day long weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for recently taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay... I apologize that the King bedroom Suite was not what expected upon arrival, but am glad to see the staff responded with an alternative... There are some really neat little breakfast nooks throughout Rockport for when a continental breakfast just isn't enough...The Red Skiff is Fantastic and Brothers Brew is a great local Breakfast spot....
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

First off I would say the hotel is very clean and the rooms are big. However I did not think this room was worth $250 we spent for one night. The thing that really grossed me out was the septic smell that came up every time I turned the bathroom sink on. Also, the AC did not seem to be working well. I woke up several times from being warm and we had turned it down as low as it would go. I spoke to a manager the next day (as I did not want to complain while checking out in front of the wedding party we were with) and was told that since they used well water, they get that smell sometimes. I understood, but for $250 a night, did not feel like smelling a sewerage smell while I brushing my teeth etc. The manager told me he would "do something to my credit card" implying he would credit me something for my dissatisfaction but he did not sound very genuine and sure enough never did anything. If you're someone who is not sensitive to smells like that I would say stay here, everything else was nice. I just can't handle bad smells.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share of your recent experience...and I apologize it was not what should have been expected. We definitely strive to deliver a great guest experience every time with great customer service and unfortunately we did not... From this we have recently looked into some of your concerns and are continuously looking for ways to better our overall guest experience!!
Trumbull, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We came here to coordinate a whale watching trip. The room was very clean and comfortable. Location is convenient to restaurants and downtown Rockport. Helpful advice from the front desk on good restaurants. Enjoyed the patio area by the pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It was great to hear of your recent stay with us and the fantastic opportunity with the Whale watch...what an amazing creature and they love to show off!!! we hope you will choose to stay with us again when visiting Rockport!!

Been to Rockport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!