“Value for money but inconvenient transportation and no nearby dining” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Longview, Texas
“Value for money but inconvenient transportation and no nearby dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable and has friendly staff. However there are no nearby dining and entertainment options in the walking range as far as I can tell. Also be aware that it's very difficult to get to and out if you're not driving a car - the hotel has a shuttle to the closest Subway station (NOT Logan airport) but it only runs hourly and during limited periods during the day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Denis L
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear 'Denis L',

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay with us recently here in Revere. I'm very happy to hear that you thought our hotel was clean and comfortable for your needs, as well as that you thought our staff was friendly. Although we do not have any eateries in walking distance, we do offer listings of an array of dining choices nearby. In addition, we provide the local shuttle to Wonderland MBTA station on a schedule to provide the most efficent travel accommodations for each of our guests in need.

Thanks again for staying with us and for leaving your feeback.

Mission Viejo, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

First and biggest problem - the hotel address doesn't come up on GPS. I called the hotel when I got nearby and asked for directions. They gave another address to try! The hotel actual address is the backside of the hotel on a residential street. The address they gave me was several blocks away and it didn't come up either. We had a general direction, so we drove.

Second problem - hotel is on a major highway and you have to pull off in traffic - scarey! When you go to leave, you have to try and enter in speeding traffic - scarier! And you can only go north. So, if you want to go south, you drive 2 miles north, get off at next ramp and return!!! Why would they put a hotel there?

The hotel was dated and needed to be updated. Spent two nights here and was happy to check-out! Nothing nice to say. Oh, and the fire alarm went off at 10 pm. A message came on and told us to wait until they checked it out. 20 minutes lost.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear 'MVCA0Traveler',

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize our location was not what you expected. We do list a different GPS address (110 Bennet Highway, Saugus, MA) on many of our websites to help ease the driving process as our actual address can be tricky to find when using some, but not all, GPS units. I do also apologize for a fire alarm going off late in the evening during your stay...unfortunately that is out of our control but we manage those instances the best we can.

Thanks again for your candid remarks and please feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like to discuss your stay with us any further (dan.gregorio@marriott.com)

Dan Gregorio

Travelers are raving about these Revere hotels

Otis Orchards, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were very disappointed in this Fairfield Inn. We actually remarked that it really was not up to the standards of the chain. The sink in our room was cracked. The mini refrig didn't work. The furnishing throughout were shabby. It is right on a busy highway and the windows are not insulated so it is very noisy if you are on the front of the building.
It is a $36.00 ride from Logan Airport and a $24 (negotiated rate) back to the airport. There is only one "restaurant" within walking distance and it doesn't have air conditioning.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel or stay on the back.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank hoorae45
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear 'hoorae45',

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay with us recently. I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations of a great experience. I can understand how frustrating it may be to expect one thing and get another when staying away from home. I would be eager to know which room you stayed in while you were with us, so I can make sure our maintenance and housekeeping teams correct the noted issues. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like at dan.gregorio@marriott.com.

Thank you again for staying with us and thank you for your candid feedback.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times and have never had an issue - it's actually been a nice diamond in the rough. This time was so bad I took pictures. Multiple hairs of all kinds were in all corners of the bathroom and on the shower walls. Unfortunately we discovered this at 10p and had to wake at 4a for a flight. At checkout the Marriott employee asks if we called down bc we could have been moved. With young kids and the times involved, it was never an option and not really a smart response. The wall hair dryer was rickety sounding like something was caught in it. The good news was the bed was comfortable and the room was decent sized and pretty close to the airport. Stay at your own risk.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BotRoad
Matthew A, Operations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear "BotRoad"

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We value all feedback we receive and use it in order to improve the hotel for future guests, as well as use it as a training tool to improve our staff service & quality.

I know that our General Manager had directly responded to your concerns via email. I also had received your feedback via email. I trust that the resolution was sufficient. The details provided are very much appreciated and have already been shared with our Housekeeping team. We always strive for the complete satisfaction of our guests. your feedback helps us to achieve this goal. If you would like to discuss you stay further, I would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you again for staying at out hotel and with the Marriott family.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I were "placed" here from another hotel and we were welcomed with open arms. Our previous hotel was terrible and the staff here was so pleasant and kind. It was our anniversary, so they left us a gift in our room and did a complimentary upgrade to a suite. The hotel was clean and the room was very nice. Kudos to this fantastic hotel and staff!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MKWhitty81
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel is just what it should be; a clean, well priced Marriott property within 15 minutes of the airport. Other Marriott's closer to BOS were $100 - $300 more a night. The staff goes out of their way to exceed expectations, they even walked me out to my car when I left for a 6:00 am flight. The route to the airport is local which was great for rental car refueling. BTW...I didn't see a bug, dirt or even lint anywhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Methetraveler1961
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

After staying in the Fairfield Inn on June 4th, 2014, I noticed a bed bug in my bed. The management looked into the matter and after examining the room, found three bedbugs. They were super nice about it however and refunded my money. They also gave me enough points for a free night at any Marriott later on. They switched my room and the new room was fine. This experience did gross me out totally though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Mamascratch
FFISBostonNorthGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear 'mamascratch',

Thank you for reviewing your hotel stay with us. I apologize again for the pest issue during your stay, and as discussed, it was an isolated issue. The room at hand has been treated and all surrounding rooms have been inspected with no issues found. I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue before the end of your stay and compensate you for it.

Please feel free to reachout to me personally if you have any other feedback.

Dan Gregorio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North? Share your experiences!