“Sound proofing issues” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport

You added Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   309 American Legion Highway, Route 60 West, Revere, MA 02151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Sound proofing issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Reading the reviews I was a bit worried, about the location of the place and the attitude, and I was pleasantly surprised. The check-in was fast and the people working on the reception were always nice and courteous. The area is a bit sketchy, but having a free shuttle to the Wonderland T station means you can get to downtown Boston within 30 minutes, and the airport within 15 minutes. The hotel does not serve breakfast, but coffee and some apples. The rooms are very adequate.

However, being a sound sensitive person, I had a major issue with the sound proofing. First, if you are placed in a room facing the road, forget about a night sleep. The same applies, if your next-doors are loud. If you are not on the upper floor, get ready to hear the sounds of a flock of elephants stampeding over your head, also at night. After the night, get ready for the cleaning crew going through the halls all morning long knocking on doors, and yelling at each other with not-so-indoor-voice.

I stayed there for a week, and this was the same story every single day. The only quiet time you have, is 2 to 5, maybe.

I paid a comparatively low price, but walk-ins are $100-150 a night +tax, which is hugely overpriced, considering the location and the sleepless nights and mornings.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms facing the road
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Eaton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

My friend and I stayed her overnight because of an early morning flight. When we walked in the girl at the front desk had no personality, didn't smile nor greet us. She almost seemed annoyed that we had come in, she was more focused on watching the tv. After we finished checking in she didn't once say thank you for staying with us or I hope you enjoy your stay. She just went right back to watching her tv.

Our room wad wonderful. We had a back bottom room. I did have a very hard time sleeping because of people walking right above us. Wasn't sure if it's where the office is or was just another person above us staying in a room.

Bring brought to the airport and back was a wonderful experience. Both drivers took care of our bags and had the van ready to go. The man on my way back help me clear my car off. It was covered with snow and ice.

Once again I returned to get my car keys and the oh so not plesant front desk girl was there and once again look bothered cause she had to stop having a conversation with her friend. She handed me my keys with a ripped up envelope and I handed her the envelope back so she could throw it away and once again had a major attitude problem.

I would hope that within the next year if I do decided to come back and stay, which I will, I hope the front desk person is removed. Or maybe she just needs to be trained a lot better.

• Stayed January 2011
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

if you need a cheapo one-night airport spot, here you are.
nothing fancy, cheap building floors creaky
arrived after 10 pm, sour and dour clerk, just a lousy attitude all around checks us in.
street level to first floor is down, and to second is up- no easy way to haul bags
breakfast is really hot water or instant coffee/tea.
location hard to find at night, went the wrong way, but found it..actually further from Logan than we expected. finally, in the morning discovered that the basin was stuck. very little flow so family took a long time to use..don't stay here, pay a bit more and stay in comfort.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Gmma129, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. While most guests find our hotel priced well below that of other national chains, we pride ourselves on clean rooms and friendly service. I appologize that you felt our front desk clerk was sour and dour. Had you asked our staff for assistance we would have gladly helped you with your bags, and would have advised the morning staff that you would be needing assistance when checking out also. Our hotel does not offer a breakfast, thus the reason that we can offer you such an unbelievably low price. We do offer coffee and provide our shuttle to local restaurants including 99 steak house, I-Hop, Chili's, and other local establishments in the area. I also reviewed our records and showed that the problem with your sink drain was fixed promptly during your stay once we were advised of the situation. While we are NOT the Marriott, we provide updated clean rooms that feature 32 flat pannel LCD TV's, offer in room safes, free coffee, free shuttle to the airport and local T station, as well as most modern amenities you come to expect in some three and four star hotels at two star prices.

Travelers are raving about these Revere hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We stayed here to catch a early flight out of Boston.We did the park/fly package. When I pulled in I was a little scared that I may have picked a bad spot. It is in a residential neighborhood and looks a little sketchy. The hotel was full that night so parking was tight. We checked in an got a 1st floor (basement) room. When I walked In I was pleasantly surprised. Large, clean and comfy room. Everything was new and the bed was so nice. It had everything you would need. Some other posts complained of car noise but I didn’t hear any. In the morning the shuttle was there waiting at 5am sharp for us and was very nice and helpful. After our trip we returned to get our car without any issues. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! Im glad you found our staff and service level to your liking. We pride ourselves on clean rooms and friendly service! I will pass along your kind words to the employees who helped you during your stay. I am sure they will be thrilled to have such positive feedback from you. Come see us again soon!
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

We arrived around 3:30pm on November 4th. Desk clerk was friendly; hotel was modest but clean. We stayed in rooms 107 and 105 which are on the lower level and toward the busy street. The rooms are recently updated and the beds were firm but very comfortable. The outdoor road noise was really the only complaint, it can be very loud at time. We spent very little time at the hotel and where pretty much exhausted by the time we got back so I really didn't even notice it during the night. I don't think the area around the hotel is really anything to be afraid of as some posters have stated. We walked many nights from the bus stop to the hotel with no fear.

The hotel is nice enough to provide shuttle service between 5-11am and 5-11pm to anywhere within a reasonable distance (we had them take us to a nearby gas station and the wonderland station).

So overall I was pretty happy about the stay, good value, a nice modest hotel, just a little nosy.

One note: The easiest way we found from the wonderland station was to take the 116 bus and when the bus announces Breed St. request a stop, its only a short walk from there. You can take the 116 bus to the station as well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We booked this hotel through hotwire so knew nothing about it! When we arrived we are a little skeptical of the hotels appearance on the outside and the surrounding houses. Neighbourhood doesn't appear to be the nicest. We were quite worried and thought what did we get ourselves into..however when we walked in the lady at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. She immediately arranged transportation for us to the ball game and was very happy to help us out. The rooms apparently have been recently renovated and I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in. We did request a kind and had two doubles, but I never bothered saying anything. The rooms were nice and clean, and the beds comfy.
No complaints! The inside is much nicer than the outside! Actually - was very good for the price!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Gmma129, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Thank you for you comments concerning our hotel! We are currently working on projects to improve the exterior of the hotel which include all new exterior lighting and new expanded landscaping and parking lot improvements. While we don't have control over the residental neighborhood we have as neighbors it is a quiet older neighborhood that is just starting to see some TLC. We continue to make improvements that we feel will make the most impact on your stay. I welcome your comments and feedback via email at: Russell@rodewayinnboston.com
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I booked through priceline, which I've done before, but this time I was supremely disappointed. We arrived late and the only room left w/ a king size bed was literally in the basement. The room was damp and musty. The motel was right on the street so road noise was a problem. There were not enough parking spaces for all the guests so we had to park on the street in a neighborhood that seemed a bit iffy at night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments about our hotel. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests based upon your requests directly with the hotel. While our rooms on 1st floor are partially below ground level many guest enjoy these because of the additional sound proofing that it provides. Because I do not have specific room information from you I can only tell you that I personally inspect all guest rooms at the hotel each day, and the property and every room in it has recently been remodeled with everything from floor to ceiling. In the future please bring these issues to our attention so we can resolve them for you before you depart the hotel.

Been to Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport? Share your experiences!