I stayed at this hotel for four nights on vacation. We had a hard time finding this hotel because my GPS was not setup right. This hotel is not located in the city of Boston so Lee Burbank Hwy was not found. Paid the toll to get into the city of Boston twice ($3.75 each time) due to the error and confusion. Once we got on Lee Burbank you cannot make a left hand turn into the hotel's property. You have to drive up and go around a circle under a bridge. Very hard to get to for an out of towner. Lots of parking for cars and it is free. Once we check-in everything was on an up-and-up. The ladies at check-in were friendly and efficient. Our room was nice and clean with decent size bathroom. The bed was comfortable with hard and soft pillows. The room was of average size. The AC was not loud like some hotel. The room had free wifi and all the standard hotel amenities, except no fridge or microwave. The food at the hotel's restaurant was decent and fairly priced. I had a chicken salad and turkey wrap and it was good. The best part of this hotel is the indoor pool and fitness room located conveniently side by side. The pool is of larger size than most hotels that I've stayed at and hot tub that is actually hot. The fitness room had 4-5 cardio equipment and free weights up to 50 lbs. My only complaint is that the towels in the pool and fitness room are not well stocked, and cups for the water fountain was hard to come by. I had to go to front desk to ask for towels a couple of times in the evenings. Complimentary breakfast is quite good with variety. There is enough seats for breakfast in the dining areas as they open up two other rooms for seating. When we were there finding a table for 4 was not an issue. I also like the fact that they have fresh baked cookies, coffee and apples in the lobby all day long for guests...nice touch. Good lounging area in the lobby and the business area has three computers available 24/7.
Here is the 'except' part:
1) The hotel is located in an industrial area. There is nothing around the hotel other than Target across the street. However, to cross the street safely you would have to walk about 300 meters to the light. The street has four lanes and a barrier in between, jay walking is not recommended for the elder or child. For dinner we would always drive or eat before returning to the hotel.
2) To get to the subway you can take the shuttle. The shuttle is free. The shuttle runs every 15-20 mins between 7 am - 11 am, after that it runs every hour. The shuttle ride is only 10 mins away but is somewhat of a hassle if you are in a hurry especially coming back. The shuttle pick up at Wood Island station is confusing as some drivers go into the circle driveway and some stop on the street about 80 m away. We almost missed the shuttle after waiting 30 mins because the driver did not turn it. Luckily we kept an eye on the street and saw the Hampton Inn sign.
Overall a good hotel. Free parking, breakfast and wifi, also indoor pool, you can't go wrong. The only downside is its location and you have to drive or take the shuttle to restaurants or night life. Although to get to downtown Boston it is only 4-5 subway stops and free shuttle service is provided. I would have rated Excellent (5 star) if it wasn't for the location.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Boston - Logan Airport Hotel
- Hampton Inn Boston - Logan Airport Hotel Revere
- Hampton Inn Revere
- Revere Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport hotel is conveniently located 2 miles from Boston Logan Airport. This Boston hotel features complimentary airport shuttle service, complimentary breakfast, free parking for overnight guests, an indoor heated pool, fitness center and restaurant. Additionally, the Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport offers no pet fees or size limits. Check out the Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport on Twitter and Facebook for the latest specials & packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.