“Clean but very much out of the way.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Meredith, New Hampshire
“Clean but very much out of the way.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Boston Logan Airport for two nights. The check in process was very smooth. We requested and received a crib upon check in, but had to call back down to the front desk to receive sheets for the crib. The room was average, but very clean. Our main issue with the hotel was the proximity to the city of Boston. We were aware that we would need to take a shuttle to the nearest train station, but the shuttle service was spotty and if you missed a shuttle, it could be an hour until the next scheduled departure. Checkout produced no problems, and the shuttle to the airport was good.

Overall for the price, this hotel was just average. When we return to Boston, we will likely not be staying at this property again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hamptonlogan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I would like to Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. We thank you for choosing the Hampton inn Boston Logan. Hope to have the opportunity to have you back soon.

Hampton inn Boston Logan
781-286-5665

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staying here was a second part of a vacation trip which started with friends in Maine and ended up in historical Boston. The Hampton Inn was a great launching point to visit the historical points of Boston without breaking the bank for a downtown hotel and the cost of parking. The staff were warm and friendly.

I have seen some postings that state this is a busy hotel, and that is true. I have to surmise it is because of the reasonable rate and no parking fees. True, the breakfast is crowded and the evening bar Two Doors Down is crowded. However, I did not see this as a problem, the lively atmosphere made the visit more entertaining. The hotel is in an industrial area so there is nothing within walking distance. If you have a car, there is a shopping center across the highway with easy access.

At first I thought, what did I get me and my wife into - a hotel in an industrial area, situated on a busy highway with no restaurants or amenities within a short, safe walk. It turned out to be a good situation with free breakfast, and a crowded but lively evening bar. Hey let's face it, this is not a resort with a wide selection of choices. This is a hotel catering to the business traveler and those who do not want to spend money for a downtown room rate.

As a tourist, we took advantage of the free breakfast and headed out to experience everything Boston. A short commute to downtown or other points of interest, we would park and walk all over the area, get some lunch at local eateries, maybe enjoy a cocktail at a local pub later in the evening then head back to the Hampton Inn for some much needed sleep. We did this for three days and each time we looked forward to coming back to the hotel and rest up for our next adventure. Overall the room was spacious, clean, and the linens were fresh. The staff is friendly and patient. If I have one critique, provide an option for a more firm pillow and possibly offering a body pillow. Other than that, I would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: 7th floor, end room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. You are correct we are not in walking distance to some of the local attractions. However we do offer the complimentary shuttle to the subway to two local restaurants and target. If you’re ever in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact us we would love to have you back.

Nicholas.Pancoast@Hilton.com
tucker
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Checked in for 1 night to take early am flight the next day. OMG, this hotel is old, smells like smoke and disgusting. The hallways and carpet leading to my room on the 2nd floor looked 30 years old. The ceiling tiles had brown water stains, I was horrified.

Checked in my room and there is a horse fly flying in the room like he lives there and the room stunk of smoke. Yuck. I called front desk to change rooms and they sent a key to my room for another room on the same floor.

I entered the 2nd room, it had the same smokey smell but there was no big fly so that was a plus. After 2 smokey rooms in a row, there was no point of changing rooms again as clearly this is an all smoking property. The carpet is milk chocolate to dark brown and black patterned to hide the filth. No point of hiding it, you could smell the room was not fresh at all. The bathtub calk is black in the corners. Bleach kills mold, I dont know why they havent used bleach to hide all the black calk. I was so disgusted with this room I slept in my clothes because I didnt want to put on clean pajamas. The bed pillows stunk like smoke too. I couldnt sleep so I got up at 3am, showered and got out of there.

This room was $229+ tax. OUTRAGEOUS for such a dump.

Never again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am concerned with a few of your statements regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. We are 100% non smoking and have been for a few years. Our rugs in the hallway are less then 2 years old? I would like to speak with you regarding this very important matter at your convenience. Look forward to speaking with you.

Helena, Mt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Staff upgraded us to a very large 1-bedroom suite, for which we were very thankful, especially considering how busy the hotel was throughout our stay. However, the toilet had pee and pubic hairs on it, so we had to clean it ourselves before using ... very gross. The refrigerator had sticky stuff on the shelves and we found out the following day that it wasn't working, so our food was spoiled. Even though late the next evening, they replaced the fridge right away. The breakfasts were very good and what we especially enjoyed was that each of the mornings there was a very good special 'hot' item beyond the normal scrambled eggs. We were not bothered by noise from the outside or other guests and the sleep quality was very good. We used the complimentary shuttle a couple times each day to the airport or nearby subway stop; it left about every 20 minutes and we never had to wait more than 15 minutes at our pick-up locations. We were surprised how long it took to get from the airport to the hotel, since the hotel descriptions said the hotel was less than 2 miles from the airport. We did not use the pool or fitness center. We felt completely safe in the hotel, but the surrounding areas didn't appear as safe and weren't conducive to walking or exploring. One of the check-in staff was somewhat rude through our stay, but the others were very nice. We stayed 3 nights and although the first night was unsatisfactory, the last two nights and days were very positive. Our overall score would have been a 4, if not for the condition of the room on the first night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am concerned with a few of the problems you incurred during your stay, as well as the comment regarding the rude front desk agent. I would like to speak with you regarding these very important matters at your convenience. Look forward to speaking with you.

SeaTac, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Spent two nights here between a business trip to Boston and visiting friends in Revere. I was flying out to the west coast on Sunday.

Crowded is the most common word to describe the hotel during my stay. Breakfast was crowded; shuttle was crowded; dinner in very small restaurant onsite was crowded; approaching front desk it was crowded, trying to walk thru the lobby it was crowded, parking lot was also crowded.

Only places not crowded were my room, the laundry (room key did not work), and the pool (small & cold), and spa (jets did not work).

Had a hard time finding things I enjoyed for breakfast morning one; and breakfast room was not open when I left for airport on day two. The hot choices on day one were not appetizing; all but one of the items in the bag breakfast cannot be taken thru TSA!

I did not really spend much time in the hotel other than in my room. I asked for a two bed, handicapped room. The room was HUGE in size with limited furniture. Only had one king bed. I had to have the desk chair swapped out as the first one was broken. The room was also very dark as the window was a small sliver in the corner of one wall. So even mid-day had ALL the lights turned on. AC was right next to the desk so I had to turn off while working.

Bed was clean and comfortable. Pillows had feathers, so swapped those out too for hypo-allergenic. NO CLOSET: NO HANGERS. I cheated and kept a luggage cart in my room to hang my clothes that I was washing to pack for next leg of my journey.

The handicapped bathroom was huge but did not work very well. All the water went all over floor from shower, making it slippery and there was no bath mat. Towels were insuffcient to mop floor and me. No place to put items other than soap in shower so they fell on floor. AND the hand held shower was screwed to the bar to move it up and down and could not be detached. Its position aimed the water directly out onto the bathroom floor.

My tablet worked fine on the wi-fi which was free.

FYI I stayed at the Westin Harborside in Boston and only paid $40 more a night for far higher quality and service, a great huge two bed harbor view corner room where I could park my scooter, and a much more convenient location.

I have stayed in many Hampton Inns and this is not one of the best--it's only adequate; great to shuttle to the airport in under 5 minutes. Driver did not really want to help load my luggage, but I left in on driveway and he had to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
hamptonlogan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am sorry about any inconvenience you incurred during your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the other department heads so we can fix any problems. If you would'nt mind contacting me so I can find out which room you stayed in? We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Boston Logan and look forwarding to speaking with you.

Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was our second time using the park & fly option for early morning flights. No complaints. The driver was right on time at 4am. The hotel itself is clean & well maintained. I wouldn't recommend it for tourists visiting Boston because it is far from the city center & tourist things to do. When you return from your trip, just call the hotel once you get your luggage & they will send the shuttle for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us. You are correct we are not within walking distance to any of the local attractions. We do offer a complimentary shuttle to 2 local Italian restaurants in East Boston. We also offer a shuttle to the local subway station which can take you to almost all attractions in Boston. Your honest opinion helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Boston Logan and hope to see you in the near future.

Nicholas.Pancoast@Hilton.com
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. However, when we reserved our room on a popular web site, we had specifically stated that we wanted a room with a King sized bed. Much to our surprise, when we opened the door of the room we were given, it was two doubles. I immediately went to the front desk, and the manager acted as if it were my fault. She said that they cannot guarantee the rooms that are purchased on line. I was not happy and said that we needed to either have a different room with a king sized bed, or a refund for the smaller room. The manager was able to come up with another room. I always wondered why we did not get that room in the first place. Other than that, the shuttle service was great. We were leaving the next day on a 5 day Canadian cruise from Boston harbor. Not only did they pick us up from the airport, they also took us to the pier the next morning. Breakfast was good, the room was very clean and comfortable.. I just wish the manager could have smiled and been more accommodating apologizing for the inconvenience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptonlogan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. I am very sorry to hear you received not so friendly service from one of our managers. Would you mind at your convenience contacting me with a little more information pertaining to this matter? I look forward to speaking with you.

Nicholas.pancoast@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport? Share your experiences!