“SHUTTLE TO AIRPORT MAIN FEATURE” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Revere
SeaTac, Washington
“SHUTTLE TO AIRPORT MAIN FEATURE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Spent two nights here between a business trip to Boston and visiting friends in Revere. I was flying out to the west coast on Sunday.

Crowded is the most common word to describe the hotel during my stay. Breakfast was crowded; shuttle was crowded; dinner in very small restaurant onsite was crowded; approaching front desk it was crowded, trying to walk thru the lobby it was crowded, parking lot was also crowded.

Only places not crowded were my room, the laundry (room key did not work), and the pool (small & cold), and spa (jets did not work).

Had a hard time finding things I enjoyed for breakfast morning one; and breakfast room was not open when I left for airport on day two. The hot choices on day one were not appetizing; all but one of the items in the bag breakfast cannot be taken thru TSA!

I did not really spend much time in the hotel other than in my room. I asked for a two bed, handicapped room. The room was HUGE in size with limited furniture. Only had one king bed. I had to have the desk chair swapped out as the first one was broken. The room was also very dark as the window was a small sliver in the corner of one wall. So even mid-day had ALL the lights turned on. AC was right next to the desk so I had to turn off while working.

Bed was clean and comfortable. Pillows had feathers, so swapped those out too for hypo-allergenic. NO CLOSET: NO HANGERS. I cheated and kept a luggage cart in my room to hang my clothes that I was washing to pack for next leg of my journey.

The handicapped bathroom was huge but did not work very well. All the water went all over floor from shower, making it slippery and there was no bath mat. Towels were insuffcient to mop floor and me. No place to put items other than soap in shower so they fell on floor. AND the hand held shower was screwed to the bar to move it up and down and could not be detached. Its position aimed the water directly out onto the bathroom floor.

My tablet worked fine on the wi-fi which was free.

FYI I stayed at the Westin Harborside in Boston and only paid $40 more a night for far higher quality and service, a great huge two bed harbor view corner room where I could park my scooter, and a much more convenient location.

I have stayed in many Hampton Inns and this is not one of the best--it's only adequate; great to shuttle to the airport in under 5 minutes. Driver did not really want to help load my luggage, but I left in on driveway and he had to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
hamptonlogan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally Thank You for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We value every comment we receive from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am sorry about any inconvenience you incurred during your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the other department heads so we can fix any problems. If you would'nt mind contacting me so I can find out which room you stayed in? We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Boston Logan and look forwarding to speaking with you.

Nicholas.pancoast@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was our second time using the park & fly option for early morning flights. No complaints. The driver was right on time at 4am. The hotel itself is clean & well maintained. I wouldn't recommend it for tourists visiting Boston because it is far from the city center & tourist things to do. When you return from your trip, just call the hotel once you get your luggage & they will send the shuttle for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us. You are correct we are not within walking distance to any of the local attractions. We do offer a complimentary shuttle to 2 local Italian restaurants in East Boston. We also offer a shuttle to the local subway station which can take you to almost all attractions in Boston. Your honest opinion helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Boston Logan and hope to see you in the near future.

Nicholas Pancoast

781-286-5665

Nicholas.Pancoast@Hilton.com
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. However, when we reserved our room on a popular web site, we had specifically stated that we wanted a room with a King sized bed. Much to our surprise, when we opened the door of the room we were given, it was two doubles. I immediately went to the front desk, and the manager acted as if it were my fault. She said that they cannot guarantee the rooms that are purchased on line. I was not happy and said that we needed to either have a different room with a king sized bed, or a refund for the smaller room. The manager was able to come up with another room. I always wondered why we did not get that room in the first place. Other than that, the shuttle service was great. We were leaving the next day on a 5 day Canadian cruise from Boston harbor. Not only did they pick us up from the airport, they also took us to the pier the next morning. Breakfast was good, the room was very clean and comfortable.. I just wish the manager could have smiled and been more accommodating apologizing for the inconvenience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptonlogan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. I am very sorry to hear you received not so friendly service from one of our managers. Would you mind at your convenience contacting me with a little more information pertaining to this matter? I look forward to speaking with you.

Mary Esther, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We spent two nights here in July. Very clean, friendly staff. The shuttle bus is a great way to get around. Any time day or night. We never waited more than 5 minutes at the train station to be picked up, even at 1:30 am after a Red Sox game!! The breakfast was very nice with lots of selections.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your recent stay with us. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your honest opinion helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We are continually trying to improve our customer satisfaction and the feedback is a great tool. We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Boston Logan and hope to see you in the near future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent 7 nights in the Hampton Inn Boston Airport...can't say enough about how great it was!! The rooms were spacious and immaculately clean! The beds were like sleeping on a cloud; large fluffy comforters that are laundered after each guest...wow! We had free use of the hotel shuttle 24 hours/day. They picked us up and delivered us back to the airport and each day took us to and from the T-line (Boston's subway train)..even took us to Target! Very convenient; no need for a car. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the breakfast ladies were very accommodating and sweet. We awoke each morning to a free, full breakfast. Lots of hot and cold items...wide variety; and delicious!!! Then each evening upon arriving back from a long tiring day in the city, we had hot coffee/chocolate and warm cookies in the lobby...hmmm good! Guests have access to a business center with computers, indoor pool/jacuzzi and exercise room. Everything you could ask for is here at the Hampton Inn. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Boston. Loved It!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your patronage to our hotel and are ecstatic that we are able to consistently provide you with a great experience. Our staff truly strives to exceed guests’ expectations and provide extraordinary service. We are excited to welcome you back in the future.

Nicholas Pancoast

781-286-5665

Nicholas.Pancoast@Hilton.com
Bayside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here in June 2012. The front desk staff was excellent. The room was nice and clean. Also took a couple of dips in the pool which was clean. The breakfast was pretty good too. Also got to love the free coffee in the lobby.

My 1 complaint was the shuttle service from the Wood Island train stations. Sometimes it took 2 shuttles to get everyone from the train station since it picked up people from the airport previously. And it's a good 20 minute wait for each one, so you're left out in the middle of the road for quite a while. My friends and I were nice to let some of the elderly before us.

I recommend they run their shuttles more often. I'd say it fits max about 13 people or so, maybe less. And when you have to pick up people from the airport along with the 15+ people at times waiting from the train station, it can be quite frustrating.

I will say though, along with the front desk staff, that the drivers of the shuttles were also very friendly and kindly apologized for the waits.

Overall it was a good stay and there's a chance I'd come back here again, but I just hope they either get larger shuttles (easier said than done of course), or just have shuttles run more often.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your recent stay with us. We are in the process of trying to add more shuttle service during the peak times so the problem you spoke of does not happen. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your honest opinion helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We are continually trying to improve our customer satisfaction and the feedback is a great tool. We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Boston Logan and hope to see you in the near future.

Savage, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We spent two nights at the Hampton Inn Boston Airport and I was very impressed with the hotel! It was clean, comfortable, and priced well. The hotel shuttle will take you to the airport, T stop(subway), and area restaurants. Their breakfast in the morning was very good and they also have a lounge which is unusual for this type of hotel.

The staff was excellent. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We stayed there over the 4th of July and it was packed, but the service and staff were not stressed. I will be back. Thanks Hampton for a good stay!

Nicholas.pancoast@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport? Share your experiences!