“Stay Was Fine; Suite Was Not Fine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85 American Legion Highway, Revere, MA 02151   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Revere
Los Angeles, California
“Stay Was Fine; Suite Was Not Fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family of four recently stayed one night at this hotel while passing through Boston on our way out of the country. Shuttle service was quick and easy, check-in was fine. This is a well-maintained property with a nice lobby featuring coffee all day (at least I presume so). As others have noted, really nothing that I could see within walking distance, so we ate at Margaritas, the on-site restaurant. It was just o.k.; not great but not bad either.
My only complaint was the room itself. I had booked a One-Room Suite with a queen and sofabed, so imagine my surprise when we walk into a standard-sized room with two queens and no discernible space that made it a "suite". I immediately called the lobby to ask what happened to the suite and was told that this was, in fact, considered a suite and that I had actually lucked out because I got two queens instead of a queen and a sofabed. So my "suite" ended up being a tight squeeze for a family of four with a moderate amount of luggage. And, oddly enough, I could not find a safe in the room, but maybe I just missed it. Since we were there for one night, it didn't matter all that much.
Though very disappointed in the size of the room, I must say that it was really quiet (well, except for my husband's snoring but that's another matter). So sleep quality was great, or at least no noise from outside the room.
Breakfast in the lobby was fine, check-out was easy as was the return shuttle to the airport the next day.
Now, I had already booked a room for our return trip (another one night pass-through Boston on our way back into the country) in a similar category hotel and, yes, I booked a suite. However, in the other hotel, our suite turned out to be a real suite with a kitchen, living room and even a separate bedroom with tons of room for a family of four. Because both hotels were similar in price and other amenities, I'd say that the Comfort Inn isn't bad; it's just not the best value available in the airport area based on this experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us! I'm very sorry to hear about the confusion with our standard double queen room vs our king or queen suites. Our double queen rooms provide two beds, while our suites provide a bed and a sofa bed. Most families prefer the double queen as it offers two large beds, but not as much living space as you mentioned. The queen suite does have a pullout sofa with a little sitting area, but it is not separated from the bedroom. I'm sorry this was not explained properly to you and if you had wanted a queen suite with the sofa bed and some extra space for you and your family to move around better, we certainly should have been able to provide that for you. Unfortunately, we don't have those kinds of suites you mentioned at the second hotel with full kitchens and separate living areas, but our king suites do have a small fridge and microwave which you can utilize.

In regards to other eating options besides our onsite restaurant Margaritas, we are only 1 mile from Revere Beach "America's first Public Beach," and you can easily walk or take our shuttle to some great restaurants located right on the beach. Hopefully, you'll stay with us again if you're back in Boston and you can experience the various delicious food options available at the beach!

Darrell Smith
Director of Sales

738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and big the room & lobby was. There was beautiful art in the room of scenes of Boston. The bedding was luxurious. The room was quiet. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needs lodging near Logan airport. I purchased the room online (no changes or returns) and got a huge value for the money.

Room Tip: Buy online. There are no returns but chances are you will not change your airline reservation anywa...
Green Features: First time I've been to a hotel that actually recycles! Way to go.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortRevere, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable comments with us as well as other travelers on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to continue to provide our guests with exceptional and memorable experiences.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Expected so much more for a Choice Platinum Award winning hotel. Some desk agents missed the 5-10 rule completely, though the behind the scenes staff (maintenance staff, the van drivers, the beautification specialists) all greated me before I greated them.

Breakfast was a standard choice breakfast, enough to hit the spot but not wow you. The pool was suppose to be completely chlorine free - but smelled a whole lot like it. The room was clean, and I appreciate the recycling in rooms, and the fact that there are the bulk soap, shampoo, and lotion dispensers. The traditional little bottles are such a waste.

The easy access to the train station provided by the hotel is an excellent perk as its only a couple stops straight into Boston. Disappointed an award winning hotel would have a stair case that looked like it had never been painted - I hate to think everything is only surface deep for such an acclaimed hotel. I do love that there are two options for pillows (firm and soft) in every guest room.

For a hotel so conviently located for business travelers, wifi cut in and out in our room (at the end of the hall near the elevators) and had really weak signal. Internet was even super slow in the business center. All in all, I would stay somewhere else next time in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the restaurant - sunsets are amazing.
Green Features: I love all of the recycling and composting done on property. Everything is clearly marked as to what can be recycled and what can't.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortRevere, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on your visit with us. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your comments. Please e-mail me at kphilbin@comfortinnboston.com

Katrina Philbin
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Came in from west coast on business trip and wanted to stay in hotel close to downtown and/or airport. My coworker had warned me that that hotels were extremely expensive in Boston. For a Comfort Inn, it was on the pricier side however still good value. After seeing/staying at this hotel, would say it is much nicer and distinctive than other Comfort Inns I have stayed. Overall was quite satisfied and would stay here again when future business requires me to be in Boston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ComfortRevere, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us. We feel we offer our guests a tremendous value and are glad to hear you had enjoyed your stay with us while traveling through Boston Logan Airport.

We were pleased to serve you as our guests and look forward to serving you the next time you are in Boston!

Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Inn on our last night in New England before catching an early flight. The hotel advertises a "pet-friendly" policy, so be careful if you are not accompanied by your furry friend. We ended up in a room that we later realized was a designated pet room and I immediately reacted to the cleaning solution/odor. My husband apparently had initialed something about the pet policy when we checked in, but we were never directly told our room was on the pet floor. The front desk responded quickly, courteously, and professionally and changed our room. So we ended up with a great night's rest before heading out to the airport. Shuttle leaves every half hour for the short trip to Logan. Very convenient choice.

Room Tip: The second floor is the pet friendly floor.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments about your recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize that you were misinformed at check-in about our pet friendly rooms. I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Pleasanton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at The Comfort Suite for one night prior to an early flight for the West Coast. The hotel is very clean and felt safe. Check in was fast and easy. The room was very clean and everything worked fine. We were a bit worried when arriving at the hotel since it is in an industrial looking area, but the room was very quiet. The free breakfast was great, a wide selection including hot food, bagels, pastries, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee and more. The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful. We chose the hotel mostly due to other Trip Advisor reviews and that fact that it was very close to the airport, about a 10 minute shuttle/cab ride. TIP: A cab ride to/from the airport will run about $16 or so, if you’re on a budget you’re better off waiting for the free hotel shuttle. The free hotel shuttle leaves at the top of the hour from the hotel to the airport, our flight was at 8:20am so we grabbed the 6am shuttle. We all agreed that the hotel had one of the most comfortable beds of our entire trip. There’s no doubt that the hotel is a bit pricey (given that it’s not really a destination hotel) but its location near the airport, the airport shuttle, the pool and the breakfast reduced the pain of the nightly room rate a bit. If you’re planning on exploring Boston then I wouldn’t choose this hotel as my base of operations, but if you want close access to Logan Airport, or are planning to spend most of your time in the Revere area, then the hotel is a clean and safe choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of many of our complimentary services and amenities like our breakfast and shuttle service. We love being in Revere and are located next to the historic NECCO candy factory and just a mile from Revere Beach "America's first Public Beach" and the closest open ocean beach to Boston. We're also only a few minutes from downtown Boston and are shuttle frequently brings guests to and from the airport train station, which is just 2 stops from Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, the North End and other famous historical Boston locations. Rates this time of year are higher than normal, but compared to most downtown Boston hotels which can be outrageously expensive, we pride ourselves in consistently offering the best value and most competitive rates in the Boston area. I love to hear how much your family enjoyed our comfortable beds!!

We hope to have you stay with us again and if I can assist with any future reservations please let me know.

Darrell Smith
Director of Sales
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel the night before and after a 17 day trip to the Dominican Republic. We have stayed before trips prior and had a great experience. Having Margaritas restaurant right on site saved us from going off site for dinner. The hotel is beautiful inside and very clean. They have a safe lot for long term parking of your car and the shuttles leave every half hour to the airport which is literally a few minutes down the road. Coming home we just called after baggage pickup at the airport and they sent the shuttle right over. Nice staff and very accommodating with need for extra bedding or something we needed. The kids said the pool was great too! we left too early to have the free breakfast but i have heard its really good. we would stay here again for park/ stay / fly!

Green Features: They have signage re: this and they really are environmentally friendly!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortRevere, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with other guests regarding your recent stay at our property. We are very happy to hear you took advantage of one of our Park,Stay & Fly Packages! We are also glad to hear you enjoyed some of our amenities including our indoor heated pool as well as our Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again the time your are flying out of Logan Airport!

Joe Fiorello- Sales Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport? Share your experiences!