“Stay someplace else” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Raynham
Albany, NY
“Stay someplace else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Friends were in the area from Miami for the holidays and we decided to make the trek from NY just to have dinner with them. I selected this hotel based solely on the proximity to our friends and the reviews posted here. I knew the minute we checked in that this was a mistake. At 7:30pm, they had a hard time finding us a room that was clean and ready. Next, I commented about the bistro being closed and the front desk staff explained that they gave the bistro staff some time off for the holidays but it would reopen at 6:30am for breakfast. Well, ok, but this is Friday night - two days after Christmas. Next, the room was absolutely freezing cold which was neither welcoming nor inviting. The fridge/microwave were located over by the sliding door and not in the cabinet under the coffee maker. This was awkward to use and made us wonder what was either wrong with the cabinet or wrong with the power in the cabinet. There were "hairs" on the bathroom floor that were definitely not ours since we just arrived. We kept our coats on as the heat kicked in and we unpacked. The next morning, my husband went down early to get some fresh coffee. The girl at the bistro told him that coffee was not complimentary and since he had no money on him, he asked her to charge it to the room. When I got the bill, we were charged $.50 for room service on top of the coffee cost. Now I am not about the $.50 - what I am about is A-not telling us that there would be a service charge and B-it is not "room service" when you go downstairs in your t-shirt and slippers for a cup of coffee. We could have stayed in bed and ordered it from our room. I reviewed the bistro menu and decided we would grab something quick and hit the hot tub/pool area before checking out. When we got to the Bistro (at 10:10am) we were told that the bistro was closed but we could have coffee. Seriously? I commented that we were never told that the bistro closed at 10am (on a Saturday morning??) and she said it was on the brochure in our room. Ok, well, I looked the entire brochure over again and there was absolutely ZERO hours of operation indicated anywhere. This was one of the most disappointing Courtyards I have ever stayed in and while I am glad that other Trip Advisor reviewers had great guest service, this was not my experience. We left in search of food (which turned out to be a wonderful meal in Middleboro) and when we hit the highway, we realized we forgot the cell phone charger in the room. I called and was told that the housekeeping had already left for the day (which totally explains how rooms are left unclean) and that someone would get back to me the next day. And so they did. They asked me if I would be coming by to pick up the charger. Well, I would have come back for the charger if housekeeping had been available when we first called but I explained that I live nowhere near there. She said they would be glad to Fed Ex the charger for me. Then she asked for my credit card number. Ok, this was the end of the road for me. Sorry but a cell phone charger is not worth the $25 Fed Ex fee. As a gold elite member who travels 1-2 weeks a month and stays at a Marriott property 9 out of 10 times, I felt that for my brand loyalty they could have mailed the charger to me as a courtesy. No courtesy here at the Courtyard Raynham Mass. I told her to forget it and that I would never return to this hotel again. In fact, I have an upcoming business trip to Brockton, Mass and will be extra sure that my team stays far away from here. If you are looking for a hotel in this area, go the short distance into Middleboro - there are lots of nice restaurants and hotels including a Fairfield Inn with complimentary coffee served all day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardMgt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Raynham, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Raynham Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the challenges that you experienced during your hotel with the lack of quality staff service that you received, the challenges you experienced with the Bistro not being opened during the evening during your stay and was not available to you in the morning due to our standard closing time of 10 a.m. on the weekends; as well as for the challenges with your phone charger and for the inconveniences we have caused you. We have failed to provide you the exceptional service that Marriott and our hotel are well known for. I will share your comments with the staff to ensure that these issues do not occur in the future to prevent future guests from experiencing these occurrences. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss this further, I can be reached at (508) 822-8383, extension 402. Sincerely, Diane Houlihan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had the wonderful experience of staying at the Courtyard Raynham with my daughter's skating team for a competition. I travel for work and stay at many hotels on all levels and this hotel is by far the best guest service experience I have every had. They did an amazing job proactively taking care of the group of about 100 girls, coaches, family, etc. Every member of the staff was accommodating and friendly. A big thank you to Nathan and Maria and so many others that I did not get their names. I hope to return to this hotel and will tell everyone I know how wonderful the team is there. The hotel property is also clean and well maintained. Thank you all for the fantastic stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardMgt, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Raynham, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Raynham Courtyard by Marriott! It is very rewarding to see that our efforts to provide excellent service to our guests do not go unnoticed and you enjoyed your time with us and are looking forward to visiting again! It was a pleasure hosting the group at our hotel! The girls were wonderful and we wish them all the best in future competitions!
We are looking forward to see you soon!
Happy Thanksgiving!

In hospitality,
Teodora Petkova
Operations Manager
Englewood, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed two days in this Courtyard. The lobby has recently been updated and is very appealing and comfortable, as is the outdoor seating area. Our room was clean and spacious, with comfortable beds, and I do not recall the AC being loud. The staff was super friendly and helpful (not a given for the Boston area). There's a restaurant and a Walmart across the street and you don't need to get in your car. The hotel has a "quiet" policy in the rooms after 11 that's posted in several places. However our rather boisterous group was allowed to hang out in the lobby until early morning to happily no complaints. I didn't go to the pool but I did get breakfast from the bistro and it was just fine. It's not easy to get a decent room in a nice place this close to the highway and the city at less than $140. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and never had to wait long for an elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CourtyardMgt, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Raynham, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write about us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with the hotel and our staff. We were delighted to host your group and to see that you used the available lobby space to its full potential! While we do strictly enforce our quiet time policy, we al truly understand and appreciate that our guests love having a great time.

Thanks again for your review. We hope you'll choose to join us again soon.

Southern NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The girl who was working the front desk was super! Very welcoming and friendly. The lobby is update and ver modern. But open the door to your room and step back into the 1990's. Golden rod wallpaper burgundy colored wood furniture brass fixtures and forest green carpeting. It was only missing the mauve pink & Kelly green artwork.

The room was clean but the bathroom was needing some work. The shower curtain rod was coming out of the wall, the grout in the tile was coming up and the toilet has water rust stains.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you had a warm service experience. We are proud of our renovated lobby and Bistro, and we are looking forward to our upcoming room renovations, which include new styling. (Goodbye, 1990's!)

We hope that you will join us again the next time you stay in the Raynham area. Thank you again for your feedback.

anywhere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Generic bland hotel, Tiny pool the size of about 6 bathtubs...that's my biggest complaint. Why even bother? For the 3 star rating? Courtyards tend to do the abosolute minimum to get the star rating. Just add the tiniest immensities possible, and check the box.
The Hampton Inn that's listed as a cheaper 2.5* close by is so much better, has a much much nicer pool and includes breakfast. Courtyards are just not a good value. Next time in this area I am going to downgrade for the better experience. Unfortunately my company booked this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardMgt, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Raynham, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to articulate your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not an optimal one.

Our heated indoor pool and whirlpool are great for relaxing and winding down after a long day. In terms of size, the pool at our Courtyard is a more family-friendly one. It is not optimized for swimming laps, but it is a safe and fun option for children and families in general.

Our Bistro is a good choice for getting away from the traditional hotel buffet. With offerings such as breakfast sandwiches cooked to order, freshly-brewed Starbucks coffee, and personalized service, it is a refreshing perspective on the way hotel breakfast is served. With our Bistro, we also offer a full bar and some great dinner options.

Again, thank you very much for your review. I hope that in the future, you may give the Courtyard another chance so that you can enjoy the excellent Bistro for your stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed her for a few days and was very comfortable. Property is adjacent to a Walmart and a couple of chain restaurants. About 30 minutes from Bourne, MA and the Cape. Nice clean rooms, spacious lobby and nice "Bistro" restaurant. Located in a good area.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd Floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your compliments, and we hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Newark, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I recently stayed here for a business trip. The hotel is in a great location. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable however, the air condition is VERY loud. It's so loud that I had to turn the TV up everytime it came on and sometimes it even woke me up. Another thing I didn't like was that you could only get iced drinks at the Starbucks, not sure if that has anything to do with the hotel but thought I would mention it. Other than the A/C it's a great hotel and we will be staying here again next year. Also Stoneforge Tavern (great food and drinks) and Wal-Mart are right across the street, but cross at your own risk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardMgt, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Raynham, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the air conditioner unit, and I am happy to tell you that we are quite intently planning on replacing them very soon.

I am glad you informed us that you were only able to get iced drinks through our Starbucks. We do offer both hot and iced Starbucks drinks all day. I would very much like to investigate this. You can reach me at gen.pvdry.fds (at) marriott (dot) com if you have further details in regards to your experience with our Starbucks offerings.

Again, I very much appreciate your review. I hope that you will choose to join us the next time you are in town!

Front Desk Supervisor

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Raynham? Share your experiences!