“Best Thai Food in the Area!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Randolph
Cuisines: Thai
Boston
“Best Thai Food in the Area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Don't be scared by the empty restaurant. It seems that this place does most of their business by takeout lately. The restaurant is very nicely decorated, quiet, and clean, and I recommend eating here. The service is always friendly and the food is always delicious. My wife and I usually get take out, but eating here is great as well. The orange chicken is probably our favorite dish. It's not like "Chinese" orange chicken. It's their own "Thai" take on the dish and it is served with lots of fresh veggies and a delicious, slightly spicy, orange sauce. The chicken is breaded and fried, but not greasy.

Really, everything I've eaten here has been good. Although, I would avoid the seafood dishes because they tend to be more expensive and not very large.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place for Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I are regulars at Malai. They offer great takeout or sit down in a large restaurant. The exterior building is somewhat drab without windows which is probably off putting to some but the service is friendly and the food is good. I usually get the beef yellow curry.

• Visited October 2013
Randolph, Massachusetts
“Best pad thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We are always pleased with the quality of the food, and the service and especially the pad thai. We have tried pad thai in numerous restaurants and found Malai to have the best! When we want pad thai, that's where we go. Of course, parking is not convenient but the pad thai makes up for it; we always get somewhere convenient to park.

• Visited May 2013
massachusetts
“Still great Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The parking is not great, they are never, ever crowded. We were the only ones in the restaurant at 8 pm on a Thursday night. But, they have a steady flow of take out. The Crispy pad Thai, never, ever disappointing. Got the mango and chicken rice, wasn't my favorite rice of theirs, but good just the same, and the pork and pineapple was succulent, the pork was fork tender. Had the edamame for starters, I had 2 glasses of wine, my husband 2 beers, the bill was $57.00, we were stuffed and have dinner for tonight. Very reliable food.

• Visited April 2013
boston, ma
“One of the better Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Malai has very good Thai food. I have had the lunch buffet and not been impressed but I have never had a bad dinner here. The curries are excellent. They give you a decent amount of food, too. The service is decent, albeit not particularly friendly. I have been many times. I have been on dates, with family and friends. The prices are about average for Thai food.

• Visited February 2013