“Location trumps the diggs” 4 of 5 stars

Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657   |
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Provincetown
Spokane, Washington
“Location trumps the diggs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

They were very helpful and when it was seen that the room we had reserved was in need of repair they upgraded us immediately to the "Honeymoon Suite." The room was a little old and not super clean but it had all of the bases covered. There was a main entrance from inside the inn but the room also had direct access to the waterfront. Very nice! The most surprising and fun feature of the room was a real ships wheel used as a divider between the bedroom and sitting area. There was a king bed, sofa, table and chairs, fridge, micro and coffee maker. For breakfast they had quite a number of choices. Coffee of course and some juices. An assortment of pastries and bagels. Bread for toast and a selections of cereals and granola. There was oatmeal, waffles, eggs and breakfast meats. There was a large and gracious sitting room and a pub. The halls are filled with murals about P-Town in 1935 making you feel as though you are taking a trip back in time. It's as if you stepped right into the painting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
I would first like to say Thank You for bringing your concerns to our attention upon arrival. There's nothing worse than having unhappy guests checking out. As long as we are made aware of issues, we do everything in our power to correct it. I'm glad the honeymoon suite was suitable! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again!

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Merrimack, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at the Ptown Inn for Halloween 2012. Everyother place in town was booked. The walk into town, about 15 mins, wasn't too bad. We had nice weather though. The room was nothing special. Sort of outdated decor but the bed and bathrooms were clean. I'd stay here again of I had to but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are working on updating throughout the winter season. We hope you might try us again sometime, and have a better feeling about our establishment.
Welcome, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Provincetown Inn in October, 2012. The Inn is located in a great place with views of the water. It has a nice big lobby and common areas. I think the Inn is in need of a total remodel. The carpet definitely needs to be taken up and new installed. I felt like the room was old, crowded, very ugly bedspread, the rooms is like something from the 60's, not only dated, but it felt dark and dirty. Small bathroom, I didn't get in the shower, I saw some mold and it scared me, rust on the door hinges, and bathroom cabinet. I didn't want to put my stuff down any place in this room. The walls are thin and I could hear room noises from the other rooms. The good is that there is a little fridge in the room which came in handy, a cofffe maker and a nice view of the water. We ate in the downstairs lounge, which was an ok dinner. The complementary breakfast the next day was very nice. We had a hard boiled egg, some cereal and yogurt and a muffin. Nice way to start the day. I wouldn't choose this place to stay if I were here again. There is nothing "charming" about this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry that your room was not up to standards. I would have done everything I could to get you into something more suitable, and taken care of what I could in the room that you had stayed in. We do everything we can to maintain all of our rooms. We are addressing a lot of the issues at this time when things are quiet. I am glad you enjoyed the common areas and breakfast. I again apologize and hope one day you give us another chance.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The Provincetown Inn is an older style property but certainly has a charm of its own.

We opted for a Cape View Room and we were pleased we did. The room was a good size, very clean and comfortable. It was great to be able to open the rear door and to be able to walk out onto the terrace overlooking the water.

We ate in the hotel's West End Lounge. The food was great value and tasty. The lady who served in the bar was lovely and an asset to the hotel.

Certainly a recommended hotel in Provincetown.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. We hope someday when you visit the US again, you keep us in mind. Thanks again and have a great winter!
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Unfortnately, I had to stay here with a two night minimum on a Holiday weekend for a wedding I was attending in town. I was assigned to room 31 -- it looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned in months. I wouldn't dare walk on the carpets without socks or flipflops on...bathed with my flipflops with a shower curtain covered in mold.

The beds were old and I would be frightened to see what a black light would have shown on the linens.

There's out of date...and then there is downright gross. Do not stay here if you value any level of cleanliness whatsoever. I should have taken photos but I was in such a rush to leave this hotel that I forgot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
I am so sorry that you had such a terrible experience staying with us. I wish you had brought your concerns to our attention while you were here. We would have done everything we could to make the situation better. I again apologize for all of the inconveniences you had. :(
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have stayed here every couple of years since 1990. I could throw a stone in the water from the doorway of our room, that's how close we are. Rooms are dated but so what. Huge pool and spectacular views. Great serve yourself breakfast included in room price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage to The Provincetown Inn and for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Have a wonderful winter season and we hope to see you again next year!
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have stayed at the Provincetown Inn for the last 15 years each summer. From the booking to the checking in, we have always been treated with the upmost courtesy by two long-term employees, Bonnie G and Ken. Their courtesy, professionalism, friendliness and respect are second to none. They are surely one of the many reasons we keep coming back to the P-town Inn.

Room Tip: ocean view -second floor