“FIRE PIT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Hotel Provincetown

You added Harbor Hotel Provincetown to your Saves list
Harbor Hotel Provincetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   698 Commercial Street, Route 6A & Snail Road, Provincetown, MA 02657 (Formerly The Cape Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Provincetown
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“FIRE PIT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was at the fire pit one night when a women arrived in a wheel chair I felt bad because she couldn't get her chair close to the fire with her family the stone was to soft for her electric chair perhaps a concrete walk or SOMETHING a little harder that a wheel chair can drive on I enjoyed the hotel and it's perfect location it also didn't hurt that the weather was great.thanks for a great stay

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions about the area surrounding the fire pit.
We take your comment seriously enough that we have already engaged our landscape architect to draw plans to construct an attractive yet functional ramp to the fire pit so that it can be conveniently enjoyed by all. We’re so glad to see you enjoyed your stay at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown. Come back and visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was hesitant about staying in this hotel because I always rented an efficiency in North Truro. I had passed this hotel many times on my way into Provincetown when it was the former Cape Inn. We decided to take a gamble and this was the jackpot. The rooms were newly furnished and immaculate. The beds were very very comfortable. The air conditioner is a must for us; don't believe people when they tell you that you don't need an air conditioner when staying near the water. You do, and this one was wonderful. Flat screen TV was excellent. The one thing we got which we didn't expect was the free breakfast buffet which was delicious and saved us the cost of going out to breakfast each day. The views of P'town harbor were wonderful. We were there for July 4th and the parade lines up right outside of the hotel so we didn't have to fight crowds to go into town to see it. A nice feature was the fire pit outside which gave it a special touch. Also the pool was wonderful. The prices were fair and we definitely will return. My only concern was individuals shooting off fireworks on the beach themselves the night of July 4 and some of them landed near the parking lot. Nothing to do with the hotel though. Just thoughtless vacationers playing with fire! All in all I would say " Nice job, Harbor Hotel, really nice job!!!!"

Room Tip: Due to arthritis, I requested a ground floor room and got one. The room was immaculate, clean and c...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
We were delighted to accommodate your needs at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown. It sounds like you had the opportunity to enjoy a variety of things throughout our hotel, including a prime spot for the 4th of July parade. Thank you for your gracious review and wonderful compliments of our hotel. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

So I called the hotel a week ahead of time to check their pet-policy. I was told that dogs are not allowed anywhere in the hotel except in the rooms. Not only that, but they were, at no time allowed to be left alone in the room. I explained to the hotel clerk that in 90 degree weather I would not be leaving my dogs in the car and the whole reason I was booking a hotel that was "pet-friendly" was so that they could be comfortable and safe in an air conditioned hotel room for the couple of hours or so that I would be out. She put me on hold to ask her manager. When she came back I was told that as long as I left my cell phone and came back after two-three hours it would be okay.
When I checked in (the room was not ready for an hour) I was told that dogs could not, under any circumstances be allowed to stay in the room without me. I explained that I had called earlier and was told differently. Finally they agreed that "if I had to leave for an hour or so for dinner I could leave the dogs alone, but no more than that." As I had already paid for the room I decided to stay the one night and never return. They put me on the ground floor with people making a huge amount of noise in the hallway (which makes dogs bark) and on the other side of the room was a huge sliding glass door with people walking by (which also make dogs bark). The room smelled dirty and I just decided to leave.
They were nice enough to refund the whole amount, but with all the attitude I had to put up with it was the least they could do.
HOTELS - IF YOU DON'T WANT DOGS TO STAY DO NOT PUT "PET FRIENDLY". Just say we want your money and if you must bring your dog, well fine, but we won't like it.
Dirty hotel, disgusting grounds. Will never come back.

Room Tip: Stay in Cape Cod, at the Inn at Swan River. Pet friendly - really.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. While we do allow pets, we do have some restrictions on this policy in order to maintain the safety of our guests and the animals themselves. It is unfortunate that our hotel did not meet your expectations as we strive to make sure each guest’s experience is outstanding. We will certainly have our housekeeping staff check into the points you’ve brought up and ensure that our grounds are kept up to our strict standards. Thank you for your review.
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011 via mobile

This place was always a "drive on by" for me in P-town, but do to a horrible experience with the White Sands down the street, we needed a place immediately and booked here after Jason at the front desk assured me that the renovation from new management would put me at ease. It is fabulous!!Friendly staff great , terrific rooms with the most comfortsble beds! Tasty selections for complimentary continental BF, Don't drive by!!

• Stayed July 2011
What a great slogan…Don’t drive by! We’re so glad that you stopped and had a chance to experience all our hard work at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown first hand. Thank you for your wonderful review and kind comments about our staff and accommodations. We will pass on your compliments to our staff. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Arrived here very late at night after running very fast from a disappointing place up the street. Desk personnel very friendly & accommodating. Love the stylish renovations and the great location. So happy to see they are continuing the movie tradition. Will be returning next week.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
We’re so glad that your experience at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown was enjoyable. Thank you for the great review and for mentioning how much you loved our renovations. We have worked very hard to make the hotel a warm and inviting place to stay. The movie night was something we put a lot of thought into. It was a popular event with the original Cape Inn and we are thrilled to be able to continue the tradition. Welcoming you back in the future would be our pleasure!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The hotel accepts pets and charges $25 per night for a dog. BEWARE! the dog cannot enter the lobby or any other public space in the hotel. While Provincetown is the pet friendliest city in the USA, not so here. There are absolutely no amenities offered. Dogs cannot be left alone in the hotel room or be any public space on this property. This is the loss Harbor Hotel's restaurant. Fortunately, the rest of Provincetown offers a lot more hospitality if you are traveling with a dog. Many restaurants and waterfront lounges, as well as the beaches, are very welcoming.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
HarborHotel, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Provincetown, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We regret that our pet policy was not as you had hoped. While we do allow pets, we do have policies in place in order to ensure the comfort for all of our guests. We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during the Portugese Festival and loved it. The "motel" style hotel has been recently, and stylishly, renovated with comfortable beds, comforters, flat-screen tv, etc. Also appreciated the separate privacy screen and room darkening shade in the large picture window looking out at the bay. In addition, the lounge area hosted a bountiful continental breakfast (coffee, fruit, yogurt, breads & croissants!), an awesome outdoor patio and firepit - a great place to relax and look at the ocean. The Cabana bar in the pool area served delicious and affordable burgers and drinks (love it that they have Peroni beer!). Next time will try the food in the restaurant as well. Only down side was a group of noisy neighbors at 2:30 am who, when asked to be quiet, did settle down.

Room Tip: ask for the Bayview rooms on the second floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Obrigado!!! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad to see that your stay at the Harbor Hotel Provincetown was great.. We hope you enjoyed the Portuguese Festival. We regret that you had noisy neighbors, but are relieved that they were respectful enough to quiet down. The next time you come to stay with us, please make sure you get a chance to eat at the Whaler Lounge. You will not regret it!

Been to Harbor Hotel Provincetown? Share your experiences!