“The weather outside was frightful ..... but let it rain let it rain let it rain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa

You added Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa to your Saves list
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   82 Bradford Street, Provincetown, MA 02657   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Provincetown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2006

We were here at the end of our three week tour of New York and New England both in our sixties - flying from UK - travelling all over without a car . We stayed at the Inn for five nights -during the floods and extreme weather - and although we would have appreciated better weather we were so pleased that we had chosen here .

We went for the basic package but the room was fantastic - second floor corner position with two windows -one over looking Provincetown complete with sea views ( on the rare moments when the mist had cleared ) . You climbed up into the colonial bed with Abe Lincoln looking down and the thunder and lifghtening paled into insignificance . It was very cold for the time of year with incessant unseasonal rain but the heating was fine - you increased the temperature by hightening the thermastat- so we were warm and cosy .

Most of the staff amazingly friendly - all extremly helpful . Lots of extras - complimentary afternoon tea with cakes & bread- complimentary socialising cheese & wine gatherings . Expansive breakfasts including hot entrees with blueberry scones to die for- so we had to add several pounds to our total when asked for our weight on the great flight via Cape Air and despite the terrible weather we have very happy memories of our time here - If ever we make it back to the US of A - we would certainly retain Crowne Pointe on our itinery

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2006

When I tell other people about the Crowne Pointe I say it's the nicest place I have ever stayed and I truly mean it. I came here for a romantic, off season get away and it's exactly what I got.

It's in a great location, easy walk to Commercial St. but quiet. Our room (located in the main house) the first evening was lovely and comfortable but I did find that I awoke early (I am a light sleeper) because I smelled blueberry muffins! Later on that morning I asked the owner if we could be moved and it was done without so much as a blink. Our next room was incredible, two floors, a fireplace, kitchen and two bathrooms.

We had two days at the spa, massages and scrubs. The staff there was gentle and helpful, we were both so relaxed!

We had dinner there one night, and it was quite good. Breakfast all three mornings was tasty and generous.

I can't say what the Inn would be like in high season, but I suspect they handle a full house just as well as a quiet one.

Outstanding stay and memories that will be with me a long, long time.

• Stayed December 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

My wife and I definitely enjoyed our stay at CPHI&S in late April 2006, but we felt that our admittedly lofty expectations derived from seeing these glowing Tripadvisor reviews were not fully met. Don't get me wrong; this is a fine place. But I don't think it's worth the 4.5 stars it currently has.

The Good: The location is pretty convenient to downtown P-town; there's a municipal parking lot nearby; there's a bar and restaurant onsite; there's a spa onsite; there's a swimming pool onsite. Almost everything you might want is within fairly easy reach.

The Not-so-good: The prices are high; our room was small, dark, and gloomy; the heating is centrally controlled and wasn't ever really right; the patio has a view of an unattractive school building; while full-service, the hours of the kitchen are good but not great (give up hope for lunch after 2pm).

The details: We stayed in a "pamper me 3 times" room with a whirlpool tub and a fireplace, on the lower level of one of the back buildings, formerly a carriage house, according to the literature. While unifying, the decoration of the room was downright gloomy: dark red walls combining with fairly little light may be cozy to some but was subtly contricting. We definitely enjoyed the whirlpool tub. But in late April, during a cold weekend, the heating in the building was up so high that the fireplace went almost completely unused. We called the front desk several times, where they eventually turned the heating in our room completely off. But unfortunately it was still too hot, probably heated indirectly by the adjacent rooms.

We ate on-site one night, and it was pleasant. Probably the best part was the wine, a Cakebread red. The food was a solid four stars. We were sad to find that the only chocolate dessert had sold out, and we were stuck with a creme brulee concoction that wasn't ideal.

The wine/beer/cheese reception daily 5-6pm is a nice touch. Beware if you don't like Chilean Concha y Toro, however.

Service was good. One chap at the front desk is extremely formal, and he came off a little supercilious to us, but I think he was erring on the professional as opposed to chummy side. We found that the spa had misplaced our reservation, setting us back a day. This was only a minor irritant, as it actually got us out of the house and out whale-watching on a fine day. Breakfast is generously served until 11am, which suited us quite well. But don't try looking for lunch past 2pm. Since Commercial St. is nearby, though, that isn't a huge hardship.

Altogether, this is a nice hotel. You will spend a lot of money. If having a spa on the grounds is your thing, it's great. If what you're looking for is a great place to stay, maybe try something less expensive and a little airier and prettier, like the Carriage House on Central St. We stayed there our last night during this trip and liked it much better.

Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

I really loved this inn, and would recommend it highly. The staff is incredibly helpful and pleasant, even the gentlemen cleaning the grounds. I did not have a chance to use the spa, but I will in the future.
The room was beautiful, and immaculate, though small (I made a last minute reservation, and small was all that was available). We even had a gas fireplace!
The complimentary breakfast was lovely, including fresh fruit, juices, pastries, eggs, pancakes, etc.
The only reason I did not give the Inn 5 stars is that it is not remotely handicapped accessible. I have difficulty walking, and there are stairs everwhere, inside and out, some quite steep. And the parking lot is a block away. In fairness, the hotel is authentically antique, so accessibility is tough to achieve.
Even so, I would go there again, though next time I will request a first floor room.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2006

My husband and I spent two pampered days at the Crowne Pointe this past week. The staff took their time with us, gave us ideas on things to do in Provincetown, met every need that came up and even greeted us out on the street as we shopped. They loaned us things to pack up a chair we had purchased and needed to box up to send home and were more than willing to help us in any way. The food was prepared by "mom" and was most dellicious. They did not cut corners in any way.
I visited the spa one morning and met Ernest who walked me through the ropes and was so helpful...the spa was a great place to relax and enjoy spoilling yourself.
I would revisit the Crowne Pointe in a heartbeat!

Dave and Linda

Monroeville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2006

We chose the Crowne Pointe after reading the reviews here, and were not diappointed. This was our first trip to the Cape,amd we were looking for relaxation. The Inn and the smaller off-seasons crowds provided grat R & R. The Inn is spectacualar! Its public areas are nicely done. Thr grounds are immaculate and the rooms cozy. Especially great was the Shui Spa where my wife and I enjoyed a couples massage and other treatments. The mineral bath, steam room and Sauna were great as well. The Bistro restaurant featured great cuisine. We loved our stay and would highly recommend this place to all.

Allen and Ann Cohen

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2006

i have traveled to many places in my life, and i must admit never have i experienced a lovely and most pleasant place to stay as i have at the crowne pointe inn and spa..everyone has gone above and beyond to make sure you are enjoying your stay. it was such a pleasure to be a guest and have the hotel employees treat you like royality.thank you everyone at the crowne pointe inn and spa i will return!!!

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!