“AMAZING Inn!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Provincetown
Wilmington, North Carolina
“AMAZING Inn!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for our Honeymoon and a day hasn't gone by that we haven't mentioned something we miss about this place! The room was quaint and perfect, with a very large king size bed and fireplace! It was too cold to enjoy the pool but it looked pleasant. We LOOOOVED the hot tub and were in it every single night! They even brought us wine and chocolate covered strawberries to the hot tub upon request. The spa was lovely and it was great to be able to enjoy some of the amenities for free, such as; the mineral tub and steam room. And the breakfast was PHENOMENAL! We did not at all expect breakfast made-to-order every morning and quickly became far too accustomed to this wonderful aspect! Plus, the view from the dining patio was incredible. As an added bonus, it is right in the middle of town so we got to walk everywhere very easily!

And they have so many other amenities I haven't even mentioned that just made this place even more unique and amazing (movie rentals, club room, wine and cheese hour etc). I would absolutely recommend this inn to anyone looking for a very special retreat in P-Town!

My only "gripe" if I had to name one is that it is so very expensive which means we will likely never get a chance to stay there again haha. But it was definitely worth the once-in-a-lifetime experience for our Honeymoon! Thank you Crowne Pointe for the wonderful memories!

** We stayed in September of 2011.

Room Tip: We would have loved to have stayed in the main inn to get the great views of P-town.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

492 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Wigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We did not have a good experience of Provincetown or the Crowne Pointe. After reading so many good reviews on Trip Advisor I was really looking forward to our stay here but our initial welcome was chilly to say the least, the receptionist was not very welcoming, she struggled to even raise a smile, though the young man that showed us around and helped us with our cases was much more cheerful. We had been told at check in that we had a complimentary upgrade but the initial reaction to our room was one of dismay, it was tiny and dark and the bathroom was part of the bedroom, luckily the toilet was separate! We had to store one of our suitcases next to the bath due to lack of space! There was basically just enough room to walk around the bed. There was a small fridge in the room but it was in the 'also small' closet, so you had to move your clothes out of the way to access it! The air conditioning unit was really old, noisy and inefficient but the weather turned cool so fortunately we were able to open a window instead! If that was an upgrade I hate to think what the original room was like!!! The one good thing about the hotel was the breakfast, everything was cooked to order so was it was hot and fresh and the pancakes were delicious, there was also a good selection of cereals, juices and fruit. We had originally booked 3 nights here but decided to move on after 2, losing our not inconsiderable 3rd night room fee. For the room we were allocated this hotel is definitely overpriced and overrated, we probably should have complained but Provincetown is not our scene either, we thought it rather tacky, so we decided to cut our losses and leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room
St. Neots, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spent three nights at this historic inn on Bradford Street at the end of our New England tour in late August this year.

We loved the room with its modern feel and feature fireplace, nice balcony area, friendly staff, great breakfasts, welcoming SPA, hot tub and pool and our favourite time of day was Cheese and Wine time at 5pm - we really thought this was a super idea. Not only delicious wines and cheese/biscuits available but an excellent chance to socialise with other guests around the pool.

Great location as its just off the main street in P-Town but only a few minutes walk to all the sights and sounds of this wonderful destination.

Great recommendations for bike hire and sightseeing ideas from the staff, who were all lovely, we loved every minute of our time here.

If i was to find any negatives it would only be the cost, and I know we were staying during high season but the cost did seem a little high, however you pay for what you get and the service/room/staff/food was superb!

Thanks Crowne Pointe!! We will be back soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Astoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in an excellent location in Provincetown. When we arrived, Tom at the front desk could not have been nicer and more welcoming. Most of the staff were incredibly nice. The rooms are quiet and clean and we thought they were very lovely. The breakfast every morning is extremely good, and the hot tub outdoors (open all night) is a plus, as is the wine and cheese by the pool every day at 5:00.

Other reviews are correct that you definitely pay a steep cost for what you get. What you get is just a perfectly lovely hotel with great people working there, in a perfect location. It's a cross between a small hotel and a very large B&B.

As for room size, I did see that some of the rooms are quite small, though they are all priced high. We stayed in a "three times" which was not small, and was extremely comfortable. One recommendation: do not get a voucher for dinner at the restaurant as a prompt suggests that you do when you book a room. Contrary to the prompt, you do not save money, and there is no value in the advance purchase. To the contrary, you might pay less if you just amble into the restaurant one evening and order what you want without the "meal voucher."

All in all, just a very nice hotel in a perfect location.

Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We arrived late on a Wednesday evening and was met by Tom who was warm and welcoming and made a five star first impression. We were in penthouse room 404 which was cute and very well laid out and had all the amenities we could want for our stay. I believe the perfect description of this place would be cute, pretty, inviting and well in keeping with the P'town atmosphere. Nothing was too "big" and over the top,it was a perfect vacation place. As part of our stay, my husband purchased the dine and spa voucher. Alas my husband did not care to partake in the spa so I was forced to have two treatments :o) a facial and a massage, both of which put me in a semi trance, if only they had beds which could have been wheeled back to my room to deposit me straight into my own bed without me having to get up and move.

My husband used the hot tub which was very relaxing, we didn't use the pool as it was quite cool but I can see that a big pool would certainly have detracted from the quaintness of the Inn. I certainly could not find fault with it.

My only one niggle would be the beds. The mattresses weren't that great - if they could be replaced with a more solid mattress (like the memory foam mattresses) this would be a real bonus, but it would not stop me going back.

This was our first trip to Cape Cod and we will definitely be going back. I love P'town, the atmosphere is so laid back and friendly - not a false friendliness either, genuine, nice and welcoming. Also loved the fact that there isn't a Walmart, McDonalds, Dunking Donuts or big chain store anywhere - it really is a charming place to stay. We will be going back to Cape Cod next year for our annual "US" vacation.

Room Tip: We did have a more expensive room, and next time I would opt for a cheaper room only because there i...
San Ramon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was very disappointed in this hotel. The "pool" is beyond small and more of a soaking tub in the main area. The staff is not friendly or helpful. The rooms are small and no division into the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
So sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Our pool is a "splash" pool we don't advertise it as a lap pool or anything. Provincetown is a very unique place and space is at a premium. Pools are actually not allowed in most cases as they are considered excessive use of water. We are lucky to have the one we do.

All rooms are different sizes and shape the rate determines the room sizes. If you wanted a larger room we could have accommodated that at time of reservation.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were celebrating our anniversary and I am thrilled that my partner selected this hotel for the second (and unfortunately the last) part of our 3 day vacation.

We arrived on Tuesday afternoon and as soon as I walked in the lobby area I knew it would be a special place. The front desk was friendly and welcoming (Michelle and John I believe). Once we checked in John gave us a short tour and walked us to our room (the Martha Washington suite). The door opened and we were impressed. The decor and vibe was romantic. The bathtub was large enough for two and the room had its own fireplace.
After we got settled we went to the spa onsite for a couples massage. Both massage therapist were top notch and I'm still relaxed. The downstairs part of the spa had a minerial oil tub, steam shower,and a sauna. The steam shower was fantastic especially after the massage.
Later that night we had dinner. The food was excellent and we enjoyed the conversations we had with two couples.
As I tell my partner I am totally worth it. So although it has a high price tag it's worth it. You are close to everything in P town and the staff is top notch. Regrettably we only stayed one night but I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!