“First Class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Provincetown
Winnabow, North Carolina
“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My partner and I went there to get married. What a great place!!!! All of the staff was so friendly and our wedding cordinator went above and beyond her duties. We will be back for our anniversary. The courthyard is so beautiful with all the flowers and water fountains. The spa is one of the best we have been to.

Room Tip: Pamper me three times and the pent house are great rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing we can't wait to see you again.

500 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
San Ramon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We made a reservation at this hotel because it looked nice - My wife and I plus my 2 children were going to our house in Orleans for 2 weeks and I thought the wife and I could get away for 2 days and let Grandma watch them. Well - we got to the Cape and my son got really ill (gastroenteritis - vomiting & diarrhea ) and he had to be admitted to the hospital - this was a day before our scheduled departure to Crowne Pointe. I called Crowne Pointe and said we would need to cancel the reservation. Michelle, the manager, said that I could not do this and I could only cancel 21 days in advance. Like I knew 21 days in advance that my son would be deathly ill and need IV fluids!!

Michelle gave me no wiggle room, no partial refund, nothing. It did not matter that we could not eat the included breakfast or use any of the services – full charge – sorry to hear your son is in the hospital but we will still collect all our money! I was charged the full amount for 2 nights (The reservation was for 2 nights - the "Pamper me Twice" package.)

So my word of caution - don't expect the hotel staff to be accommodating or understanding - even if you or your family is in the hospital - this hotel is still going to charge you for the full stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
All of our cancellation policies are stated at the time of reservation as well as in all confirmation letters. We have a very short season and these policies do need to apply. We always suggest trip insurance to cover you in case of an emergency.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Seamless from start to finish. Great service, great location, great rooms what more an you ask for? Free wine and cheese? Done. This place has it all and the spa was also fantastic. I highly recommend this as a place to stay. I will be back

• Stayed May 2013
Thanks so much we can't wait to see you again
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went there for our first anniversary in April and were truley delighted. The rooms are large and clean, many with in room Jacuzzi, fireplace and two TVs. The dining room is amll and quirky in a neat kind of way and the food is prepared to perfection. No need to leave the property if you don't want to. At checkout I booked again for next year!

Room Tip: Go with the in room Jacuzzi
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband recently visited Provincetown for the first time. We stayed at the Crowne Pointe Historic inn and spa for 5 nights. What a treat!!! I absolutely loved the complimentary breakfast. Having a hot entree to pick from
every morning saved my husband time and money. We each had something different morning and it was delicious! Another nice perk was the wine cheese hour. We had great weather and having a glass of wine and a few snacks outside by the pool was a great way to start our evening. Also, another favorite perk was the bath robes provided. It reminded me of a high end spa robe, it was so soft! I didn't get a chance to use the mineral spa or sauna which also comes with the stay...def will visit these next time. Overall, all these added touches made it an excellent stay!!! We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently stayed in the Penthouse Suite at Crowne Point for a bachelorette weekend getaway and could not have picked a better location.

John at the front desk could not have been more helpful or accommodating. He is a gem, and quickly set us at ease upon our late Friday night arrival.

The penthouse itself is gorgeous and set at the perimeter of the property in its own private spot, but was still just a few steps across the small gravel parking lot to the main building and pool area... Convenient for late night trips to the hot tub. I can hardly describe how perfect the suite actually was, and I did not find too much info on it while researching the property, so here goes my best description. At the entrance, accessed by a small farmers porch you immediately enter a small foyer. On your left is a staircase to the main living area of the suite, and directly in front of you is access to the smaller of the 2 bedrooms, with a queen sized bed, huge armoire, and bathroom with a shower. Once up the stairs, it is an open floor plan. Immediately to your right is a large bathroom with double headed shower and fabulous toiletries, and directly in front of you is the master bedroom with a deliciously comfortable king bed, loaded with pillows and a fluffy duvet. There was also a ceiling mounted television and a large dresser. Back into the main living space is the open area living room, dining table and AMAZING gourmet kitchen. The living room has an iPhone/iPod adaptable stereo, so don't forget your music. The kitchen was stocked with everything you would need to prepare dinner for 6, glasses, plates, bowls, pots, pans, etc... They also had a Keurig (!!) stocked with a large selection of K-Cups, for convenient coffee when you wanted it. Plenty of ice in the freezer for cocktails, a great little wine fridge and everything was IMMACULATE. Off the kitchen is the private patio overlooking the P-town monument and below, the entrance to the Inn's spa. You would not believe the size of the Koi in the labyrinth of ponds they have underneath the walkways. There were so many windows throughout the living area that you were always greeted with a gorgeous view... They have beautiful roman shades set to conceal the lower half of the window, so it was still private without losing the light or view.

The complimentary breakfast at the Inn was delicious and the guys in the kitchen super friendly! Always daily special offerings as well as eggs made to order, housemade granola, fresh danish and fruit, juices, etc...

We get away for a girls weekend every year, and after the most fantastic stay, this is definitely our new favorite location. You can tell that a lot of love has been put into restoring this gorgeous old property and every single detail was taken care of, which left us to do nothing but relax and indulge. Such a perfect time, we are already planning our next trip there.

Room Tip: Penthouse Suite, immaculate, open and airy, private patio, beautiful views and huge kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing on TA. Please come back and see us again soon.
Saunderstown, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went with friends on a Thursday night .. A little off season.
My chive gnocchi with lobster meat was excellent. My husbands fillet mignon
was also well prepared. He felt a bit more mashed potatoes would
have been good. Our friend loved her soft shelled crab.
We had fun talking with our table neighbors John and his wife.
Sorry we didn't pick up your tab!!
Our waitress " Oh Denise" did an excellent job as well

• Stayed June 2013
t1999, Manager at Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks for the kind review please come join us again soon.

Been to Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!