Ever come across things in life where you find yourself saying, "Now THIS is how things should be done!" That's what I found myself saying constantly during a recent 5-day/4-night stay there w/ my girlfriend (who did the research and booked us here...and I kept thanking her again and again for doing so). I can't think of a single thing I could improve on. The main building, which also houses the restaurant, is very striking. How striking? if you are looking to impress your significant other with your acumen in picking places, you will score points before you even set foot on the grounds, as the view of the place coming up Bradford Street will have them saying "OMG! We're staying there?" Everything is just done right and you can tell they really sweat the details. Example: The first time we entered our room, the clock radio (which also accepts iPods!) was playing classical music, which was a very, very nice touch and set the tone for a very nice stay. The facilities are great. A very nice courtyard-type layout around the hot tub + pool with plenty of beach chairs, BUT also many chairs and tables if you just want to relax and read. In fact, I loved that there were two nice chairs right outside our room - perfect for just relaxing while waiting for someone else to get out of the shower (as opposed to waiting in the room). The free breakfast was not the typical "let's throw some danish and bagels and coffee out there". The free breakfast includes made to order eggs, pancakes, french toast, etc. prepared in the main kitchen for the restaurant and the seating area for guests is the restaurant itself. We really loved sitting in the room that was like a closed in patio, which gave a great view of Provincetown City Hall. And another small detail which I loved - if you're a guest, you can sneak in and get free coffee anytime during the day up until 6PM (when they change over for the restaurant). And the coffee is great! How can you argue with a free nightly wine and cheese every night from 5-6PM? Just great. The staff was also incredibly friendly and helpful and gave the impression that they really cared that their guests were enjoying the experience. Also, you can't beat the location. Centrally located and just a quick 1-block walk and you're right on Commercial Street (Ptown's main drag). In retrospect, I also appreciated that it's also on Bradford and not Commercial, as the room was very quiet and I can imagine in the high season things can get a little loud on Commercial. In a nutshell - a real gem of a place. When we return to Provincetown, we greatly look forward to staying there again....Oh, and the restaurant itself was EXCELLENT as well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our historic 4 Diamond inn in Provincetown, steps to shops, restaurants, galleries, and the beach. A couple of blocks away from world famous whale watching. Our inspired Provincetown lodging includes 40 rooms in 6 historic buildings enveloping a beautiful pool courtyard. Enjoy unforgettable massages and treatments at our award-winning spa or enjoy amazing cuisine at the romantic Bistro at our Provincetown hotel. Experience luxurious rooms and suites with fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, private decks, and wonderful views that rival all other hotels in Provincetown, MA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Pointe Historic Inn And Spa
- Crowne Pointe Historic Hotel Provincetown
- Crowne Pointe Historic Provincetown