“Even on a rainy weekend in Dec this place was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at 7 Central

You added Inn at 7 Central to your Saves list
Inn at 7 Central
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   7 Central Street, Provincetown, MA 02657 (Formerly Carriage House Provincetown)   |
Ranked #17 of 70 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Providence, Rhode Island
“Even on a rainy weekend in Dec this place was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

10th wedding anniversary, a rainy weekend in December...no problem! Our first stay and it won't be our last.
Kurt and Cory have done wonders. Our room complete with four post bed was immaculate. Very spacious with a small fridge and wifi. While we couldn't enjoy it, the private deck looked awesome and definitely made us want to return in better weather.
The breakfast was great and had everything from muffins, cereal, small quiche cups, to bagels, 3 types of juice coffee, hot chocolate, and teas. All this and there were only 4 guests! Can't imagine what the high season brings.
Our room had complimentary parking. The location is great as well.
We are looking forward to coming back...SOON!

Room Tip: Some rooms have complimentary parking. 1st floor rooms have private decks.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bennington, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Reading reviews prior to 2014 and then staying November 2014 I can assuredly say that the new owners (who took over January 2014) have worked hard to improve the property and the guest experience to resolve some of the past guest irritations and complaints made in the reviews.

Our experience was one of unexpected surprises. We didn't expect the incredibly spacious back deck area, which you obviously can't use in November, but will be an amazing place for us to relax with morning coffee or an afternoon or early evening cocktail in the warmer months when we return. The breakfast was also a nice touch, since you don't normally get a hot breakfast option each morning. The continental options were ample and the muffins are not to be missed.

Our room was comfortable and spacious with a door leading to a semi-private sitting area - again chilly in November, but what a great place to be in warmer months. Room had ample sitting space and felt very comfortable. Linens were fresh and bright.

Public spaces were equally comfortable with chilly November weather keeping us inside, there was the dining room, sitting room and front porch area to lounge. A wood burning stove kept us mostly in the sitting area by the fire, as the ambience created was warm and inviting, just like the innkeepers who were engaging and who obviously enjoyed what they were doing, and were easy to talk to about their experiences of purchasing the property and their future plans.

Of course not all past problems can be solved in a year, so their future plans of upgrading mattresses, larger televisions and other items that were discussed will come with time, but those will be only add to the already incredible experience I assure you that you'll have at this property.

I think I have finally found a place in Provincetown that I can call my second home. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I was lucky enough to get a tour of the property and see most of the various room types - was curiou...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
jersey city, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

I just returned from a fantastic four-night stay with my significant other at this property. Having been to PTown literally dozens of times, and having stayed at multiple BnB's, I'll attest to being slightly skeptical about the positive reviews only because I know that some folks don't share my level of service expectations. I was beyond pleasantly surprised.

What makes this place so pleasant is the owners. They clearly have taken the time to establish a certain kind of respect for their guests. They are incredibly welcoming without being intrusive. Their breakfasts each morning were fantastic, and were WELL above and beyond what I have experienced at other BnB's in town. Our deluxe room (Room 8) was well appointed, spotless, quiet, and quite comfortable. The ONLY thing that would have made the room even more comfortable would be a flat-screen TV mounted on the wall. What they currently offer are small monitors. I have no qualms about saying this since I mentioned this to them in person. Truth is, no one travels to PTown to sit and watch TV in their room.

The location is also great, being in the west end and close to all that I like in PTown. I sincerely hope that this establishment prospers and others try it. Thank you Curt and Cory for making my first stay a memorable and incredibly satisfying experience.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms include parking which, in season, is probably worth the money for the convenience.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

This Inn is just off the main street ...a short walk to shops, eateries, bars and a public access point to the beach. Perfect! Our breakfasts were delicious and obviously prepared by men who truly enjoy pleasing their guests. Kurt and Cory made dinner reservations for us at their favorite spots and, because we'd been to Provincetown several times, suggested out-of-the-way sites for us to explore. Their Inn is beautifully decorated and sparkling clean ... a difficult task in a historical 100+ year old structure. I don't usually post reviews but this Inn and these Innkeepers were so outstanding, I felt I had to share our experience! Nita - Roswell, Georgia

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

My friend and I had the pleasure of staying at Inn at 7 Central over Columbus Day weekend. It was definitely one of the nicest accommodations I've stayed in. Cory and Kurt were lovely and hospitable. We felt welcome and at home from the moment we checked in to the time we checked out. The breakfasts were delicious. The rooms were cozy and immaculate. The location is fantastic as well - just a few steps to Commercial Street. Would definitely love to stay here again the next time I'm in P-Town.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

We were so pleased with the Inn at 7 Central. We had high expectations as had stayed here previously when it was the Carriage House and had loved it then, but I'm happy to report that Cory and Kurt have the same high standards as the previous owners. Our room (#10) was comfortable and attractively furnished, the service was friendly and efficient, and the breakfasts were fantastic. The inn has a perfect location on a quiet side street, but just half a block from all the action of Commercial Street. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

This little gem is just off Commercial Street, but a little further down from the center of Ptown which shelters the house and street from the noise and traffic. Cory and Kurt are hands down amazing! They are so friendly and helpful. They'll help you out anyway they can, whether that's getting ideas of what to do and helping to make resevations. Breakfast, which is included with your stay, is incredible! Seriously, no reason to go anywhere else for that meal. It boasts breakfast basics as well as several homemade dishes each morning (they were never the same). Soda, coffee, and tea are also available throughout the day.

Rooms look exactly as pictured and are very cozy. We had a minifridge in our room which was nice since we did bring home wine on several occassions during out stay.We stayed on the first floor and had our own sitting area out back on the patio. Was a great little escape space. The large main decks-one private and out back, one public and central to all the rooms, are beautiful and boast tasteful decorations and comfortable seating. The private back deck also sports a hot tub for guest use. Downside to that is it's closed at dusk so no late night hot tub lounging. Over all this place is beautiful, quaint, and homey feeling. Guests were all supper friendly, and I would recommend using breakfast and shortly after to get time to get to know Cory and Kurt. You won't regret it.

I recommend a deluxe room as parking right outside the Inn is helpful, especially if it's the busy summer months. However, if you're planning on exploring and staying around Ptown you really won't need the car.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room for parking and one with a private patio.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at 7 Central? Share your experiences!