“The only place to go if you love or even just like music.” 5 of 5 stars

508-487-5777
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 28 Shopping in Provincetown
Fort Pierce, Florida
“The only place to go if you love or even just like music.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I have been shopping at Muir Music since 2007 when I started going back to P'town every year after moving to Florida. She moved to this location from another location on Commercial Street a few years ago. The store is bright and well lit, very clean. Displays are well marked making finding selections very easy. Nancy and her daughter, Melissa carry a very eclectic mix of music, DVD's, T-shirts and cards including artists you can't find anywhere else. I have found CD's here that other stores would never have. A lot of rare and out of print CD's. After all these years, Nancy has learned not only my taste in music but also my former partner's and recommends CD's she knows we will like. If you're looking for hard to find music, she will find the CD's for you. Some time ago, I heard a song from1952, and wanted to find a recording. I called Nancy and sure enough she found it for me. Also many years ago I went to a show in Boston. The music was absolutely fantastic and I bought the tape. But this show was an off off off Broadway type show and not well known, and I thought that there probably weren't any CD's to be found. I wanted the CD to play in the car. I called Nancy and she managed to find ONE copy. I''ve also ordered some for my former partner for Christmas or his birthday, and she always finds them somehow. If you find a CD in the store you think you might like, they will play selections for you. I''ve learned that this is the only place I buy music now. The only problem is that I wind up finding so many CD's that I want, I wind up spending more than I should. If you are the least bit interested in music, Muir Music is highly recommended. If you are in P'town, you owe it to yourself to stop here and check it out.

Visited September 2013