“Wonderful homey immaculate friendly inn with location, location, location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Victoria House
5 Standish Street, Provincetown, MA 02657   |
Ranked #31 of 70 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Boston
“Wonderful homey immaculate friendly inn with location, location, location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I visited Provincetown this past weekend with my 13 year old niece. It was her first visit to P'town, and I couldn't have picked a better place for us to stay. We had two cosy little rooms with full size beds on the second floor, sharing bathrooms (two good sized ones with enormous showers) with the handful of other rooms on the floor. The decor was comfortable and homey, and everything was sparkling clearn. You could have eaten off the shower stall floor. My room had a/c and my niece's had a much more than adequate window fan which adjusted for speed and temperature -- practically an air conditioner in itself. I would have been fine if she'd wanted to switch rooms, but she loved her little hideaway. The price was hard to beat, too. Under $90 for a double room during the high season in Provincetown? Unheard of, but that's what I paid.

Jeffrey, the manager, was very helpful and friendly. He put on a lovely continental breakfast (home baked coffee cake, muffins, fruit, OJ, coffee, tea, etc.) each morning on the charming patio or the porch, depending on the weather. The other guests were quiet but friendly when encountered on the stairs or over the toaster in the morning.

While Victoria House is just a half a block from Commercial Street across from the main pier where the boat comes in, it was remarkably quiet at night. There's a convenience store just steps away, and the Portuguese Bakery is about a block in the other direction. Famous and fabulous eatery The Lobster Pot is just steps across Commercial Street, so you don't have to go far to enjoy some of the best food on offer. The rooms and hall are liberally supplied with small refrigerators, so my niece and I were able to store goodies and a quart of milk for late night snacks. Oh, and there's free inhouse wifi, so we could keep up with the bits of our outside lives we wanted to.

I really couldn't have been more pleased with the Victoria House. OK, I could have been more pleased if I hadn't had to return to Boston and could have spent a few more nights there. It was a great weekend, and Victoria House really helped make that possible.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I stayed at Victoria house for the first weekend of Bear Week. Although the location was convenient and the room ok, the shower in the bathroom was so incredibly small it was nearly impossible to lift my arms in it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2008

My boyfriend and i stayed in a double room with shared bathroom. We were a little worried when we had read previos reviews our experience was generally ok, the owner was a little quiet but not what i would call unfriendly although we did over hear a conversation where someones belongings were taken out of their room and left in the hall by the maid. The bathroom was ok but you need to be very stong to undo the door and the bedrrom itself was very tiny - good bed though! The best bit was the location right in the middle of all the action!

• Stayed August 2008
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

My partner and I have stayed at Victoria House on many occassions over the past few years and have always been delighted with the accomodations and management. In particular we found Rich, the most recent manager to be professional and a real gentleman. Very eager to accomodate our needs ( we have travelled the world and can sometimes be thought of as demanding.) Rich has always been there for us and we have seen him go out of his way for other guests as well. We were very surprised at one of the reviews submitted. It seems as though the guests lost their keys and sunglasses and tried to blame the manager for it. And the police? What else can be said? We have heard that some of the rooms are small but you get what you pay for. My partner and I have always stayed in a room with a private bath ($170/night - cheap by Ptown rates) and have found it impecably clean with tasteful decor - a very comfortable queen sleigh bed. We have referred Victoria House to many friends all of whom have left with the same feelings as my partner and I. We recommend it to anybody wanting a great time in Ptown.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
mt. orab, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

Rooms were so small we couldn't fit the suitcase in.
NO air conditioning! The continental breakfast was a box of doughnuts! The guy in charge was not very personable.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

In all my years of travel I have never been treated so disgraceful. The manager Rich went into my room and selected items from my suitcase and threw them in garbage bags mixing them with another guests clothing and leaving it outside where anyone could have taken them. Apprantly, we paid for three nights and he failed to check his paperwork and basically kicked us out on the third morning. The craziest thing about the entire incident is that he did not remove all of our items only a selected few and mixed our clothing with another guests clothing who also paid for three nights. He placed my items including underwear in a white plastic garbage bag the thing is he only picked what he wanted and left the rest of my clothing in my room along with my suitcase. My Armani sunglasses disappeared I left them in his office while checking in and went back for them 5 min's later and he wouldn't give them back. The police were called and we packed up our stuff to get out of there and needless to say when we went to leave we told the officer that our car keys went missing and the officer went in to speak with Rich the manager and two minutes later the officer comes out with our car keys. This entire experience was a nightmare and trust me there's not enough room for me to tell you the entire story just one last thing their lowest rate room is no bigger then a full size bed in widith with a very small dresser hardly enough room for a dog.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The customer service. The manager Rick needs to go for sure
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
thevictoriahouseinn, Innkeeper at Victoria House, responded to this review, March 19, 2009
This manager of old has been fired as of last Spring year 2008. I am sorry for any inconvenience he caused you. We are under new management and the Inn has been renovated winter of 2009.

Been to Victoria House? Share your experiences!