“Amazing as Always” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Springs, California
“Amazing as Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Provincetown and The Prince Albert is always the Guest House i choose to stay at....Everything always seems perfect. I have stayed in may different rooms here and one is just a nice as the other...always clean and fresh.
Bob and Stephen really go out of there way to make you feel welcome and at home.....
I would highly recommend this guest house to anyone....in fact i have to many who have had positive experiences like all of mine.
Thank you again Bob and Stephen for another great vacation......

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bob S, Owner at Prince Albert Guest House, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
John--

Always a pleasure to host you.

You are an incredible person, with great energy.

We hope Dan can make it next year.

All the best, Bob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Palm Springs, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Friends were staying there, so it was inevitable that i would as well. From the minute I looked at the website I was sold. Then I began to have questions, (I almost felt like a pest) Steven always answered in a timely manner, and never made me feel like a bother. Before leaving Boston Logan I phoned, spoke to Bob and arangements were made to leave my key and a welcome leter in a secure location, oh and becaue of the lenght of my stay iwas upgraded to a larger 1st floor room, with a king size bed, at no additional charge! I arrived a weary traveler only to be met by gools ang goblins, it was Pre-Halloween afterall. Both the houses were lit, the sign was inviting and the key was where it was supposed to be. I had arrived, altough my luggage hadn't, but thats another story entirely. During my week in Provincetown my refuge was my cozy room at the Prince Albert Inn. I plan on returning next year for the same event and have reserved rooms. it you are in need of an extraordinary place to call home while in Provincetown I can highly recomend the Prince Albert inn.
I almost forgot to mention the most important amenity... SHELBY!
Jay Conway
Palm Springs, California

Green Features: Staff separate trash and recyclable waste Energy efficient lightbulbs include compact fluorescent used
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bob S, Owner at Prince Albert Guest House, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Jay--

I was relieved that your luggage arrived the next morning, and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Room 12. We're holding that room for your return visit, as well as Rooms 11 and 14. We will be in touch in January to confirm.

Best regards,

Bob, Stephen (and Shelby too)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

When I travel, I normally stay in a hotel. A group of my friends were headed to Ptown for an event and my friend suggested that I stay at the Prince Albert. What can I say, the minute I walked in I was greeted by a very special dog named Shelby, trust me Shelby is very special. I proceeded to the kitchen and was immediately greeted and welcomed by Stephen. One of the owners. He was super friendly and kind. We chatted for a bit, he told me that breakfast was available in the morning. The check in was quick and hassle free. My room was in house 2. When I walked into my room there was a vase of fresh lilies --my favorite. With a note that read -Welcome to your home in Provincetown. Stephen, Bob and Shelby too! Wow! I was pleasantly surprised. I love this place. My room was clean, great view of commercial street. and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I had a challenge with my TV , so I called Stephen and within minutes he was in my room taking care of it. Stephen is accommodating and I loved the community of the house living. Having my friends there was just like living in a fraternity house. A very informal atmosphere that I loved. My stay was great! I highly recommend staying at the Prince Albert. When I return to Provincetown. I know exactly where I will be staying. Theres no other place than I would rather be than at the Prince Albert! Thank you Stephen, Bob and Shelby!

Room Tip: My room was directly on commercial street which I love. Yet still very quiet. I could open the blin...
Dear Mark--

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in Room 11. We look forward to your return visit.

Regards,

Bob, Stephen (and Shelby too)
Bussum, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

On our trip of New England we wanted to visit Cape Cod & Provincetown. After reading all the rave reviews on Tripadvisor we ended up at the Prince Albert Guest House for one night. This has probably got to be the worst experience of our three week holliday and our most expensive night. To start with one possitive note, the location is great in the center of Ptown with a lovely front garden to enjoy the buzz. We arrived in the afternoon and were welcomed with a short hi and our keys and the direction to our room, he didn't even bother showing us the room. The room itself was dated, had dirty carpet, bedlinnen with hairs on them, door could't be locked, bathroom outdated and dirty. We were really looking forward to a relaxing and romantic stay but couldn't wait to leave. The breakfast part of this guest house was just as bad, do it yourself waffles, bad coffee, expired milk, jam/nutella/creamcheese jars used by everybody with food rests in them and the dog walking around (lovely dog but should not be there during breakfast). To sum it all up: overpriced & overrated!

Dear Albert—

I am sorry you did not enjoy your overnight stay with us during Provincetown’s annual Women’s Week. We routinely provide first time visitors a brief overview of Provincetown upon check in, along with a map and any recommendations they may be looking for, which you politely declined. The rate on your upgraded room 7 was $299 but was significantly discounted to a below market rate of $199 based on a cancellation. Room 7 is one of our brightest rooms that is frequently requested by returning guests (some repeat guests choosing it several times a year). Our guest’s safety is of paramount importance and never taken lightly! In seven years we’ve not had anyone that didn’t understand (or test) that the doors have passive locks for fire safety. A passive lock is one in which the door knob turns/opens from the inside even when locked on the outside. Cleanliness & room updates are also of utmost importance to us. Room 7 was remodeled within the last two years INCLUDING a new bathroom and shower. Cleaning concerns are so important to us that we specifically mention at check-in our DAILY housekeeping service is between10AM and 2PM, but if you bring anything to our attention it will be addressed immediately. On closer inspection of your room there was a small spot on the carpet in front of the mini fridge that I was immediately able to remove and would have done so for your stay had you brought this to my attention. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. The rest of the room and the bathroom were very clean. Our brewed coffee is Starbucks and we also offer Nespresso cappuccinos or espressos upon request, which are world-class coffees. Additionally, our deep pocket Belgian waffles are offered with DAILY FRESH CUT strawberries, melon, blueberries (seasonal availability), as well as bananas and apples. We also offer Nutella, cream cheese and Bonne Maman jam selections, but not individual servings, which is not uncommon for bed and breakfasts. Again, we regret you did not enjoy your one-night stay during Provincetown's Annual Women's Week. We welcome EVERYONE at the Prince Albert and are proud of Provincetown's diversity.
Kyle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We love this B&B and will return for sure. From the breakfast to comfy beds to a fabulous view/stroll to everything. Not to mention they have the sweetest Labrador name Shelby you can also take for a walk! She is quite famous. Steve&Bob are wonderful host's and make you feel right at home..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Owner at Prince Albert Guest House, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Sandra and Tracy-- Thank you for your feedback. Also, Shelby is wagging at Taggart's connection on her facebook page. Best, Bob
Harthill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my second visit to the Prince Albert and it was as good this time as the first. The two owners are great, very friendly and helpful. A very informal atmosphere, somewhere you. An sit and relax and chat with people coming and going. Their dog, Shelby is very much at home with guests and is great, a wonderful friendly animal who adds so much to the feel of the place. Our room was spacious with everything we needed and more, it was clean and well furnished with loads of character. Breakfast I'd something to look forward to, plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, eggs, waffles, juice, coffee and more, it's hard not to eat too much because it all looks so good. The location is great, right on the cusp of the action, close enough to be part of all that goes on but not so close to be a disturbance, the best place to sit and watch people as they come and go. Love this place, you are made to feel as if you are a friend rather than a paying guest but treated like nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Boston MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My fiance and I had a great weekend getaway to the Prince Albert Guest House. It is an easy 0.4 mile walk from the high speed ferry we took over from Boston. This gave us easy access to restaurants, shops, and nightlife while being far enough away from the act to get some R&R at night. The house is super cute in decorations (inside and out) and has all the amenities you would expect from a B&B. We were in room 18 (top floor with ensuite bathroom). Room was great, mattress was comfy, overall couldn't be happier. Bob and Steve were great hosts holding our bags for us (after checkout) while we went for a bike ride. I would totally stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Prince Albert Guest House? Share your experiences!