“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 122 restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Open year-round and daily! Fanizzi's offers a casual waterfront dining for absolutely any occasion at absolutely any time. Owner Paul Fanizzi has mastered the art of the eclectic menu, offering everything from Cape seafood classics to fresh salads to elegant, international entrees to burgers and great comfort foods. Make it a moonlit date or stop in for lunch - we'll see you at Fanizzi's!Sunday Brunch 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. Regular lunch menu also served from 11:30 to 3:45 Dinner 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm. Early Birds Special 4:30 pm until 6:00 pm.Function room available
Connecticut
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We went here for dinner one night without reservations. We are able to get in, but I had the feeling if we had been later or at a different time in the season we would have needed reservations (this was Labor Day week). The parking lot is very small, but we were able to find a spot. The restaurant was very small, and it seemed rather crowded with tables. We were at a table for 2 and seated right next to another table. We could hear their conversation without even trying. It was awkward. The view was unbeatable. We were not offered any "early bird specials" even though they were advertised on the website, and we were there before 6 p.m. That was the reason we had come to this restaurant! I had the sole, which was ok but too rich for me to eat the whole serving. The serving was large. My husband had the cod, which he said didn't taste fresh. We shared a house salad, which was very good. I especially like the balsamic dressing. Overall, we were disappointed. The quality was just ok, and the prices were high. I don't know if we would go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Flower Mound
“Interesting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I ate Sunday lunch at Fanizzi's and had a pleasant experience. The view is great if you can get a table with a view. The food was average but well prepared and presented. The staff was very busy but our server did an excellent job. Most patrons were eating from the Sunday brunch buffet, but we ordered off the menu which had a nice variety. I recommend this restaurant but be warned that it is difficult to find parking.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Lovely View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our third visit to Fanizzi's and we have been pleased every time. The food is wonderful and the view fantastic. My husband ordered the sirloin tips and I had the broiled scallops. Both dinners were delicious. Fanizzi's does take reservations, but unfortunately will not reserve a table by the window. So, although we had made a reservation, other couples that just walked in got the prime seats by the windows. But overall our experience was lovely.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
w mass
“Food is Equal to the View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

A place far off the beaten path, yet still on the water side of Commercial Street. On the Truro end of town, this place is a fave of locals and long time summer visitors. It is one of the few restaurants that has a commanding view of the bay (heck the main dining room is literally IN the bay) that would make this worthy of a visit no matter what the food was like. But throw in a huge and varied menu, and an extremely helpful and friendly waitstaff--well you have a recipe for success.
I have only had lunch there, and their lunch menu straddles the line between standard fare and fine dining. Yet the prices are extremely reasonable for the quality, which is excellent across the board. Dozens of options will please the seafood enthusiast, steak and burger fans and vegetarians alike, no mean feat.
Scallops, cod, clams, mussels, lobster, calimari, salmon, shrimp, crab, tuna...that's just on the lunch menu. Home made meatloaf, huge burgers and steak tips are house favorites. Some of the better fries in PTown to boot. Cole slaw also deserves mention, tart
and unique. Baked stuffed artichoke, zucchini sticks, cranberry salad, and house veggie
burger join more familiar potato skins, onion rings and nachos to give a sample of veggie options. Highly recommended. Even has a tiny parking lot on site-unusual for Commercial Street.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Overpriced food you could get just about anywhere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had the provençal scallops with wild rice and haricots verts, which were just ok. My partner had clams with fries and coleslaw, which were about as fancy as anything you'd get from a fish'n chip truck in some other coastal town. Overall, I was underwhelmed. I expect more pizazz from the food when it's at their price point.

Visited September 2013