“Great views and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Eclectic
boston
“Great views and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had a great night last at mews.

Our friends got us a gift card we were excited to use but when I called a couple days in advance, mews was all booked for the week except for the first come bar area. We went right at 530 opening but the bar was already full. I beleive, caroline, the hostess was really nice and fit us in for the week at a table. Thank you

The downstairs dining area overlooking the beach and water was beautiful

Our server, ben, had a great personality and was very knowledgeable. Service was very good.

I would probably give the food a 4 star. It was very good but the ambiance and service bumped it up. The pork belly risotto app was delicious. My duck was good but the sauce could have used a little something. My wifes almond crusted cod was also nice. She found the sauce a little sweet. I liked it. It was very rich. Should have taken bens advice and went with the lobster risotto. Wish we had room for dessert

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Service & food un-inspiring”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I really wanted to give a 3.5 but alas I cant so I gave Mews a 4....had dinner at Mews this past week with two close friends who had just gotten married. Yeah! Surprised them with a dinner at Mews. The service was kind of spotty and impersonal for the price of the food. Our table was looking at our empty glasses quite often. Maybe we were boring but for those prices....
Three of us had the filet which we were told "was the best on the island". The cut of meat was excellent and cooked perfectly but just was lacking in any "oomph". I know I will get some scowls here but Carabba's filet has more taste and seasoning. I guess I expected to be overwhelmed but was just left with....meh.

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Looking forward to going again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Haven't been since 2007. We were seated upstairs for dinner with friends. It was our first time there, didn't know about the downstairs seating area until later. Looking forward to trying out the diningroom this October. The dinner was memorable enough that we would like to repeat it.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Lobster Risotto To Die For :-). Yum Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The food is worth the trip. We sat upstairs at the bar last night to eat since we could not get a table for 3, and we all had a great time. We shared the Lobster Risotto with Roasted Butternut Squash, and let me say "it was simply organismic tasting!" My friend had the Pasta with Fresh Pesto that was cooked to perfection. The Bartender was very busy, but she took really good care of us and everyone seemed very friendly.
The only thing I could the about the Restruant is that it a tight space upstairs lots of tables and high tops close together.
This is a MUST GO TO DESTINATION.

Visited July 2014
chicago
“Wonderful, but pricey restaurant in Provincetown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a very nice meal here, but it was expensive, probably close to $100 per person including wine and drinks and tip. The food was delicious. We had a great female server who has been at the restaurant on and off for the past 20 years. She was very knowledgable and personal without being too formal. She made a very good wine recommendation without just trying to sell us the most expensive bottle. All her recommendations at the table were very successful and loved by whom ordered it. I am a vodka drinker and loved the fact you can choose from about 200 vodkas from all over the world. Views from restaurant are nice also. This is for a special occasion or for people who are not on a budget (though they do have a bistro menu with burgers that can be ordered for dinner as well).

• 5 of 5 stars Food