“Go eat here!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Eclectic
London
“Go eat here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I turned up unannounced on Saturday night and was immediately fitted in on a tall table. Service was slow for the US, but those of us from Europe do appreciate the allowance of time within the schedule. I had a really excellent evening. The food was fantastic and very well seasoned, which only the best establishments get right. Highlight of the evening was the main course of Lobster Risotto. Served with croutons and cubes of pumpkin it was perfectly balanced with effectively most of a shelled lobster on top of it. Quite outstanding. Not the cheapest, but good value. I shall come again as a first port of call on my next visit to Provincetown. Go eat here! One minor gripe - I tried to book earlier in the day only to be told that they were full - I then turned up unannounced and got a table. How lucky both I and the restaurant were that the administrator of the bookings was ignored. Go eat here!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Great salmon and martini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had a great dinner last night at Mews, which has the largest vodka bar in New England. I had the salmon off the specials menu, which was perfect. Started off the meal by sharing a calimari appetizer, also very tender and tasty. We sat on a high table two-top upstairs staring out at the sunset over Provincetown Harbor. Service was excellent. All in, a great experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
“Could have been great, but missed the mark.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were there on a Tues night early in mid-September. The bartender, female, seemed surprised when I asked whether I could ask for a martini using one of the vodkas from their world wide list. I did have the best martinis ever ordered from the specials on the menu. It is worth the trip for the martinis and the vodkas. We were going to have cocktails and lite food at the bar, but since the restaurant was empty we asked if we could have a table. The hostess was neither inviting nor interested. She did give us the table, but we must have gotten one of the least trained servers. He was in a word rude. I do not like black pepper, and almost every entree and the bread had pepper in it. Yes, even the bread! The Watermelon salad and the lobster risotto werefun and perfect, and they are consistent with their food. So, we did not feel welcomed, and the server couldn't wait to give us our check as soon as we said no dessert. It could have been a memorable experience, but not tonight.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Morristown, New Jersey
“Don't miss this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were waiting for our husbands when a staff member came outside and directed us to the more accessible lower level (I have difficulty with steps). Service, atmosphere, drinks and food were top notch. I loved the key lime pie for dessert! Go...you will love it.

Visited October 2012
UK
“Great food and atmosphere, but.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a long days travelling and only a packet of airline peanuts since breakfast we were hubgry and delighted to get a table at the Mews even though it was getting late. The place was busy and had a lively and friendly atmosphere, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, I had the crab bisque and hamburger with blue cheese, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. however...

During the night I had upset stomachs and the next morning I was very sick and spent the whole day in bed feeling miserable, which completely spoilt my visit to Provincetown.

So, no I will not be returning.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere