“Pricey, but food good” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 122 restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Description: “A Provincetown tradition” to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the “TOP” of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary’s & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim’s award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey…Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
New York
“Pricey, but food good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

One of my favorite restaurants in Provincetown - however, it seems like the prices have gone way up!

I really wanted lobster, but could not order it because the "starting at $31 price tag" for a 1 pounder was a bit much. I wound up with the crab salad stuffed avocado and a bowl of lobster bisque soup which were both awesome - which is why I gave an excellent rating for "food" but the "average" overall is due to the high prices and nothing else so awesome about the experience.

About the crab stuffed avocado, there are a lot of great tastes on this plate - first, the avocado itself is overstuffed with the Pot's delicious crab salad. Very fresh and tasty. At the bottom of the avocado, is....avocado. A nice surprise (while some of you may have expected avocado at the bottom, I did not). On the plate is also a scoop of potato salad, and a side salad with fresh, crisp green beans. Topped with the house sesame ginger dressing - wow - awesome flavor. I attached a pic of this meal after I started to eat it - so it's not as pretty as when I received it, but you get the picture.

As for their lobster bisque soup - Yuummm! Theirs is the best. I had the same soup at a restaurant in Chatham the day before - and the Lobster Pot's was so much better.

Still a great place, but I'm concerned about the prices! My avocado dish was $17 (this is lunch don't forget).

Almost forgot - you know how restaurants give children crayons? While they gave my 22 month old daughter crayons, my 4 yo son got these "crazy sticks" that are kind of like wax sticks that you can make things out of - these go a lot further than crayons. Great idea!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Athens
“Slightly Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We went to the Lobster Pot during our short break at Cape Cod. This was recommended by our guide and by the inn keeper at where we were staying.

First of all, there was a waiting list. This would normally be a good thing, means that it's worth the wait. We were told 30mn wait, but ended up waiting over 50 minutes. We could have gone for a longer walk had we known it would take this much. Ah, and they don't take reservations.

Service is hurried, but efficient. I ordered a lobster, and it came quite quickly. I started with the body, which had been boiled and then baked with a sauce, and it was very well cooked and tasty. I then went for the claws, and as I broke them lots of water came out, and the meat was not cooked! Seems like the lobster was boiled with the claws out of the water! I complained, and they offered to bring lobster meat, but this was not the experience I expected and declined. They gave me a US$10 discount.

Overall I was disappointed, as the wait was definitely not worth the experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida
“Too crowded, too busy, and ovepriced. A...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010 via mobile

Too crowded, too busy, and ovepriced. A place for tourists to spend too much time and too much money for a nice view and mediocre food.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cohoes
“Love the lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Spouse and I visited the restaurant on two occasions July 25th and July 28th and enjoyed both times. Spouse had the two pound lobster on both occasions and enjoyed the entire meal. There is a family style salad that comes out with rolls and some sweet bread. The dressing were delicious and quite different. For beverages we had the Cape Cod Summer Ale (I thought we should indulge and explore) and it was very tasty so I had two on each occasion. For appetize we had the Clam Chowder (just the cup) and it was really tasty. For dinner I had the Seafood feticucine one night and could not finish all the pasta (I did each all the seafood). There was a large amount of seafood in the pasta. The second night I had Lobster Scampi and it was good but I did prefer the first dish. Unfortunately we did not have any room for desert. The waiters both Ray and Tony were friendly, attentive and helpful. They made jokes, made each person feel important and worked very hard. We ate both upstairs and downstairs preferred upstairs for the view and it was not as loud as downstairs! The wait for both nights was different, the first night they said 45 and gave you a lobster pager that went off after about 15 minutes. The second time however it was at least 45 minute wait and both times was about 7:30pm but worth it. Would definitely go back. The waiter did say they do about 700 lobsters a day!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“we ave beej going to this rest for years...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010 via mobile

we ave beej going to this rest for years and it continues to get better and better. Accomodating for special requests; servers make suggestions bases on cust dietary needs. Food portions generous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere