“It's a bar -- with good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 106 Restaurants in Provincetown
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“It's a bar -- with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I like bars and I like eating in bars. I usually eat AT the bar but for some reason sat at a table here. Both service and food were good. The menu does have a "bar food" slant but is a little more varied than many I'm familiar with. Nice casual place for a beer and a meal.

Visited April 2012

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“The service ruined it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

We got a recommendation to try this place from a local. We did not know that if you weren't a local the ignore you... We were seated and literally sat for 20 minutes with no menu, no water, no server (though she walked past us 2 dozen times) and she finally stopped to ask if we were ready to order and thought we were already helped. Ridiculous.
I got the smokey clam chowder and it was good but very thin and quite salty, husband got the blt and it was, well, a blt. Food was good but not good enough to excuse the service. I would not recommend this place to tourists. Ever.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Pig?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

So, being from the south, I deduced from the name that it would be a BBQ restaurant! Boy, was I wrong! During our trip to Boston we decided to venture to Cape Cod, however it is most assuredly still winter on the cape and not many "vacationers" were in town, nor were some of the highly ranked restaurants open! Nonetheless, this place seemed interesting and electic! After a quick 10 minute wait, my boyfriend and I snatched two seats at the bar that freed up... He had beef kabobs, with veggies - they had a little spice and some good flavor, not too bad... however the fish and chips i had were fantastic! It tasted like they went out back and caught my fish straight out of the sea when I ordered it!!! Service wasn't anything wonderful, but i do highly recommend their fish and chips!!! mmmm Wasn't too expensive, I think around $35 total for our meals

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The Pig used to be one of our favorite places in Provincetown. On our last visit to Town, we tried to get seated here on two separate occasions and both times were treated very rudely. The hostess/waitress seemed inconvenienced by our presence and both times we were told we could not sit at an open table for four because we were only a party of two, even when more than one table was open. It's a bar, not a place were tables are reserved! We will not be returning.

Visited April 2012
Easton, Massachusetts
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have been to P-town many times, but hadn't been to Squealing Pig since we're always with a group of friends and it looks small. However, I decided to stop by and the manager was very helpful in getting our group of 10 seated. Wait staff was friendly and efficient. The Fish Fry was excellent! Everyone in our group was pleased their meals. Definitely will return.

• Visited April 2012