“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Chester, Vermont
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The food was to die for...melted in your mouth good. loved my lemon drop martini. The hostess, bartender and staff were super welcoming once we had been seated at the bar.

Visited October 2013

85% Recommend
Cape May Beach
“I hear it's one of the best in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It seems oddly difficult to find really good food in town. We had countless tasteless, horrible and overpriced meals during our week stay. I was excited about the menu and some locals said it is one of the best in town (they only ever listed 2-3). Compared with restaurants in cities, it wasn't really very good, but compared with what we found elsewhere in town, it was an oasis. We didn't like going into a basement to eat dinner. That was a turn off. There is a certain stale odor associated with that. Our server was efficient and pleasant. The food wasn't as good as I had hoped, but still better than elsewhere in town. So I would say good to delicious but not outstanding. The four of us had different appetizers and entrees and desserts, so we covered the menu quite well and all agreed. An example would be the foie gras. I love it and expect a chunk of thick, fatty liver - no overcooked. Instead is was thin, overcooked liver - almost seemed like just regular liver cooked in a lot of duck fat, making it very fatty. There were just small pieces on fat soaked bread with some cooked apples. I had just four small (bite sized) pieces of this for the $9-10. If it had been delicious, I might have felt differently.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“An excellent choice for a special occasion.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Front Street is an upscale, fun restaurant at the tip of Cape Cod. Both natives and visitors have recommended Front Street and we finally gave it a shot. We were not disappointed. We made reservations (even in September reservations are necessary, especially on weekends) and were seated immediately upon arrival. We shared a lobster scampi appetizer which was out of this world. I then chose the veal piccata for an entree while my partner chose a stuffed chicken dish. My veal was outstanding: moist, flavorful and well presented. My partner's dish was 'very good' but lacked flavor, especially compared to the veal. The portions were substantial so we decided to pass on dessert. The service was friendly, professional and unobtrusive. The menu and wine list are extensive. The 'specials' can be expensive but the Italian menu is more reasonable. We particularly liked the option of half orders on several of the pasta dishes. Expect a vibrant atmosphere as the low ceilings are not able to muffle conversations from neighboring diners. We wouldn't say that Front Street is the best restaurant in Provincetown, but it is certainly worth a visit, especially for a special occasion.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new york city
“Old Standby!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've known about Front Street for years but this was the first time I had visited. Wow! On many levels.

Dizzy Note: For those of us with hyper-sensitive hearing due to inner-ear imbalances, (or even if you don't have ear issues) the noise level in this charming but popular and packed restaurant is so loud, you may have to read lips to understand each other.

Having said that, the food was off the charts good. Some of the dishes we tried were...

Burrata - an Italian delicacy of mozzarella and cream. Melts in your mouth.

Fried, stuffed zucchini flowers - a first for me. I could eat them every day.

Herb crusted rack of lamb. Gnaw on the bone delish and not gamy.

And ricotta cheesecake with blueberry sauce. Classic!

Went back a second time on the most recent trip to P-town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sudbury, MA
“Cozy atmosphere, attentive but not rushed service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stopped in late on Thursday night, and got seated immediately. All courses served quickly and were great. I had the chicken saltimbocca. It was delightful, the flavors melded well and the pasta was cooked perfectly. All in all it was pleasant dinner with the staff there when you needed them, but not rushing you. Worth a repeat visit.

• Visited September 2013