“Consistent Crowd Pleaser” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Long Island, NY
“Consistent Crowd Pleaser”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

What can I say other than of ALL the restaurants I have gone to in Ptown over the many years I have been going, Front Street has consistently served excellent food. There has not been a bad meal that I nor my guests have experienced here. This time I had the lamb chops again – and boy they are spectacular. The food is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser. And this is the reason Front Street makes it to my itinerary every time I visit Provincetown. And it’s a restaurant I feel perfectly comfortable bringing guests to because I know they will leave happy. If I had to muster up a criticism it would be the service always seems hectic and rushed. This is not to say that the servers aren’t knowledgeable and worthy of making great recommendations. Just seems “hectic”. Wine list is also wonderful.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NJ
“Wonderful meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Oh what a meal... a pulled pork in Filo appetizer. Chicken giambotta entree. Chocolate and peanut butter pie for dessert. Everything was absolutely terrific.

The service was wonderful, and the place was packed with women for Women's Week. What a terrific place to be on a fall night - lovely atmosphere for this time of year.

I'll be back Saturday night between Women's Week shows!

Visited October 2012
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“Front Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Another great meal experienced by myself and five others in for the weekend. Escarole, white beans and sausage was our appetizer. Lobster with pappardelle , an eggplant dish, a duck dish, mushroom stuffed ravioli were some of our dishes. All better than the next. The wine was flowing and the mood was festive. Great place to laugh, eat drink and enjoy the moment. The deserts finished a wonderful meal and this was another great experience with some very close friends.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Davisburg, Michigan, United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to Provincetown for my annual vacation for the past twenty one years and have dined in just about every restaurant. I have intentionally avoided eating at Front Street because it is Italian and my partner is Italian and makes fantastic dishes and so we generally avoid eating Italian as we are usually dissappointed. During this trip however two different people recommended it and so we decided to try it.
We went there on Wednesday, October 3rd. Even in off season on a wednesday night the place was packed with only one empty table. As many of you know, the wait staff can make or break the evening. Our waitress was Holly, and she was excellent. She was so attentive, we felt like her only table, we also saw that other wait staff was also attentive to their guests. She recommended an excellent wine that went great with our meal (we actually felt a little adventurous that evening and out of her four wine suggestions we told her to surprize us, and after we ordered dinner, she brought a Pinot Noir by Merry Edwards ...Russian River which was perfect with our meal. Restaurant itself is in the basement, but they have decorated it in a romantic, cozy way and added with excellent food and wine selections we had a great time. We made friends with a couple sitting next to us who live in Truro, they also had a wonderful meal which was a puff pastry filled with chocolate and topped with raspberries. We would definitely say, based on the entire experience this restaurant is worth visiting. Also, the prices are very reasonable (you can order inexpensive great tasting dishes or try one of their specialties), certain pasta dishes are made from scratch. Besides our wine which was almost as much as our meal, one appetizer, two fairly high end entrees, expresso, coffee and desert was one hundred and twenty three dollars which is very reasonable, especially in P town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Front Street, not a secret to locals but,,,,,,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Front Street is, in my opinion, the best resturant in P-town. Not that I have been to them all, so I guess that's not fair, but that's only because once I ate at Front Street, I didn't want to ever go anywhere else in town for a nice meal. The menu is so extensive and varied, it is hard to believe they can put out such a widr range of high quality, fresh, cooked to order food.

• Visited September 2012