“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Davisburg, Michigan, United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to Provincetown for my annual vacation for the past twenty one years and have dined in just about every restaurant. I have intentionally avoided eating at Front Street because it is Italian and my partner is Italian and makes fantastic dishes and so we generally avoid eating Italian as we are usually dissappointed. During this trip however two different people recommended it and so we decided to try it.
We went there on Wednesday, October 3rd. Even in off season on a wednesday night the place was packed with only one empty table. As many of you know, the wait staff can make or break the evening. Our waitress was Holly, and she was excellent. She was so attentive, we felt like her only table, we also saw that other wait staff was also attentive to their guests. She recommended an excellent wine that went great with our meal (we actually felt a little adventurous that evening and out of her four wine suggestions we told her to surprize us, and after we ordered dinner, she brought a Pinot Noir by Merry Edwards ...Russian River which was perfect with our meal. Restaurant itself is in the basement, but they have decorated it in a romantic, cozy way and added with excellent food and wine selections we had a great time. We made friends with a couple sitting next to us who live in Truro, they also had a wonderful meal which was a puff pastry filled with chocolate and topped with raspberries. We would definitely say, based on the entire experience this restaurant is worth visiting. Also, the prices are very reasonable (you can order inexpensive great tasting dishes or try one of their specialties), certain pasta dishes are made from scratch. Besides our wine which was almost as much as our meal, one appetizer, two fairly high end entrees, expresso, coffee and desert was one hundred and twenty three dollars which is very reasonable, especially in P town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Front Street, not a secret to locals but,,,,,,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Front Street is, in my opinion, the best resturant in P-town. Not that I have been to them all, so I guess that's not fair, but that's only because once I ate at Front Street, I didn't want to ever go anywhere else in town for a nice meal. The menu is so extensive and varied, it is hard to believe they can put out such a widr range of high quality, fresh, cooked to order food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Haven, Connecticut
“Hostess is horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Would not reccomend. On our first visit to town, Front street was highly reccomended so we made reservations. Upon arrival we had to wait over an hour past our reservation for our table. Our second visit friends of our Insisted we give them a second chance so we made reservations. Upon our arrival there was a line of people waiting to get in and we saw a party ahead of us slip the hostess $20 and was seated immediately. When we reached the hostess she indicated she didnt have our reservation and we would have to wait at least 1.5hrs.
We left vowing that we would never eat there and tell everyone we know our terrible experience.

Made reservations on 2 seperate occassions and both occassions they indicated they didnt have our reservations and we would have to wait an 1.5hrs. The 1st time they indicated they didnt have our reservations ad. On our arrival, when we arrived their was a line of people and we y told us they didnt have our reservation.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Guilford, Connecticut
“Very Good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday. It was a recommendation from a waitress at the Post Office Cafe. We were lucky to get in with a last minute reservation. The place was packed on a Wednesday night after Labor Day. That alone tells you something. We really enjoyed our meals, but I'm giving it four stars instead of five. The reasons are, our service was not that great. Other reviewers were bragging about the service, but our waitress really did not go out of her way at all. We ordered the stuffed zucchini flowers for an appetizer and I was so excited to try them. Unfortnately, we were informed that they sold the last order. This was at 6:00 on a Wednesday night. They are closed on Mon and Tues, so I asked how they could be sold out. Our waitress abrubtly answered "there were only two orders available". So, no zucchini flowers and a not so great waitress took away from an excellent experience, but all in all I would recommend Front Street and we will be back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Never been disappointed by the food or the service at Front Street. Highly recommend it to everyone!

Visited September 2012