“I want to go with SeaSalt Charters again!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 508-444-2732
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: SeaSalt Charters offers private Whale Watch and Fishing trips out of Provincetown, MA., in Cape Cod. SeaSalt Charters is owned and operated by the Avellar family, pioneers of Whale Watching on the East Coast.
Hartford, Connecticut
“I want to go with SeaSalt Charters again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

It's a little more expensive to go on a private whale watch than to go on the bigger boats that hold 250 people, but now that we've gotten so close to the whales in a small boat, we're hooked. We went out last weekend and saw at least twenty whales, which has never happened to us before. We were surrounded! As far as I know, only SeaSalt does these kinds of charters in Provincetown. They're kind of new, but the captain actually has years and years of experience. Oh, and on the way back to land, I could barely believe it when our friend caught a big striped bass for dinner!

Visited May 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Unbelievable day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had a bit of everything on SeaSalt charters, and i can't say enough about our trip.

Capt. Avellar's boat is fast and safe and very nice, and he seems to always know where the whales are. We saw our first whales only a half-hour after leaving the dock, and it just kept getting better and better. Breaching by several whales, some very close up, and then close approaches by several more. There were a lot of whales checking us out! Then they went back to their amazing feeding behavior.

I have been on dozens of whale watches but I can only say this was the best way to see them. The captain seemed to have a 6th sense on where to be to get the best views. And having a small group was a totally different experience.

Almost forgot - just to top it off, we caught a huge striped bass on the way in after only a few casts. i know where I'm going for my next fishing charter.

I can't ever expect this kind of trip, but if it's going to happen, it's going to happen with these guys. Unforgettable.

Visited May 2012