“Great trip in difficult circumstances” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Driving
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the very beautiful, majestic sand dunes of the Cape Cod National Seashore and Atlantic Coast of Provincetown, MA. Our knowledgeable drivers guide you in our comfortable Chevrolet Suburbans explaining local history for the dune shacks, life-saving stations, and flaura and fauna. The views are breathtaking and the photo stop is so much fun!! Come see what thousands have enjoyed for the past 68 years!
Scotland
3 attraction reviews
“Great trip in difficult circumstances”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Belatedly adding a review here of the trip we ( 5 friends and me) took with Rob when the National Park was closed due to the shutdown. The concierge on the ferry told us about the trip and that we could go out but the experience had to be limited because we were not allowed on the dunes. As we had no idea of what was being offered normally and we knew that the chances of coming to Provincetown again any time soon were unlikely we went for it.

And we were so glad we did.

The views over the ocean from a high vantage point were spectacular, and then from near to the coastguard station giving us a different perspective. Finally Rob drove us over to an area where we stood amongst the trees and the birds came and ate out of our hands with chipmunks hopping around our feet. We could never have imagined experiencing that.

Rob is an informative and charming guide ...take his tour!

Lenoir City, TN
17 attraction reviews
“Unique way to visit a protected site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The sand dunes are fascinating with their diversity of wildlife, vegetation and dune shacks. This is a cold time of year to visit (late October) but also offers the best isolated experience. Even if you live in another part of the country that has dunes you will find these to be unique. This tour company does a good job getting you to the interesting interior while still respecting the boundaries.

Boston, MA
16 attraction reviews
“A must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My extended family took a tour this past summer. We have been coming to the Cape for years, and have stayed in this area of the cape for the last four years. I have never done a dune tour. Our group included; Me, my 11 year old son, My Mother, My Aunt, my brother his wife and two kids (ages 4 and 15). My brother had taken a tour a few years before and said it was great. We took the sunset tour. We had the perfect sized group and all fit in one vehicle. I want to slap myself right now because I can't remember our guide's name, he was fantastic! We traveled the dunes while he gave us so much information. The dunes were incredible and I highly recommend visiting them this way. We pulled over at a spot and got out, our guide to a photo of our group and the kids were allowed to run up and down the dunes (so fun!!). Then we went to the beach. We chose a spot, some chairs were brought out for us to sit and we enjoyed a very peaceful sunset. Unfortunatly, the weather was not great, so the sunset was not the stunner it could have been. But despite that...WOW!! What a trip! Every single one of us LOVED it! Don't miss this tour!

Visited August 2013
mayfield, ny
5 attraction reviews
“awesome tour of the dunes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

MY wife and I took a road trip starting from Plymouth, then along the north shore of Cape Cod, then along the southern coast, stopping along the way for overnights in Sandwich, Provincetown, Hyannis, Nantucket Island, Falmouth/Woodshole.

In P'town, we took a dunes tour with Art's...Rob (the son of the orignal owner) was a great guide and we had a wonderful time. Rob knew the history of the artist's shacks, famous visitors in past years, foliage and fauna of the dunes, etc. Awesome views!! We highly recommend taking a tour - takes only about and 1 1/2.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Great fun, don't miss it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

No wonder this is number 1 attraction in Provincetown - great fun and takes you to stunning scenery that you'd never see otherwise. Informative and friendly tour guides and good value for money.don't miss it.