“Seaside feel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Watermark Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Watermark Inn
603 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657   |
Ranked #54 of 70 Provincetown B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Seaside feel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you're used to seaside houses, the slightly rusting, aged feel of this pleasant 'inn' on the waterfront is for you. Quiet and acceptable for an overnight in P'town. Clean double room upstairs (suite 6) with a sideways view of the bay. Friendly and helpful owner, who seems to disappear - there is no sense of a 'desk'.

Room Tip: For a full seaview, take suite 7 upstairs (expensive) or one of the downstairs rooms with a common w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sainte-Julie, Québec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Loved our stay at the Watermark. The location is great as it is walking distance to the town and its numerous very good restaurants (Mews, Lobster Pot, Napi, etc. - the choice is yours!). The low and high tides from our room were spectacular, at high tide, we felt as we were on a ship! Our suite was very nice, all white, elegant and airy. Kevin was super friendly. We will be back and hopefully stay longer next time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our stay at the Watermark Inn was perfect. We had to walk only a few steps from our doorway to the shoreline--a beautiful sandy beach. The suite was comfortable, clean, and furnished with everything we needed (including lovely artwork). Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great ocean view from room/deck and staff was very friendly but the room desperately needs to be renovated. On the positive side the room seemed clean and it was quiet in this area. There are many negatives though. The paint is chipped/rusted, the window blinds are rotted out and falling off their hinges, the tile in kitchen/bathroom is cracked and very dated. The toilet was very noisy and the bed was very uncomfortable. The furniture is very old and worn. The owners should re-invest some money into renovating the place and it could be a great place to stay. I definitely felt like we overpaid for the room - they advertise these as "luxury suites" but there is no luxury. You can do much better closer to town in some of the newly renovated inns for similar pricing. I guess the draw here is the oceanfront location but that only goes so far in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cranston, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at the Watermark in April of 2013 in Suite 8 and was extremely disappointed.. The web site says that Suite 8 has a fireplace and a private balcony. I especially liked the fireplace feature because it can still be chilly in April on the coast and I wanted to take my partner for a romantic get-away for her birthday. When I arrived, I entered a make-shift front desk area (it was really one of the suites being used as a front desk). The woman who greeted me was very friendly and led me to my suite through a laundry/heating pipes area. She told me that that she would be leaving at 5:00, indicating that if I needed anything after that time, I was on my own. The suite did have a beautiful ocean view, but that's about all it had to offer. The place was run-down, rust all over the walls, the heating ducts, the bathroom, etc. There was dirt and dust in corners and cracked tile on the floor. There was a Brita water filter in the room but it looked like the filter hadn't ever been changed because it seemed to have mold spores growing at the bottom of it. It did not look like anyone had set foot in the room in several months, especially since the old clock radio (probably from the 1990's) was an hour off. After a little bit, I went back to the "front desk" to ask about the dura-flame logs that the hotel supposedly provided for the fire place rooms (there was a sign on the wall saying to ask the front desk for the dura-flame log). She told me that we were not allowed to use the fireplace, but she would try to see if it worked. She burned a newspaper in the fireplace and the smoke started to enter the room, so she advised me against using the fireplace. She tried to be helpful, but let us know that she was not the owner of the place and the owner was very picky about things. Like others have said, the balcony had a beautiful view, but was not completely private because you share stairs with the suite next door.
My partner and I went to the town center (about a 15-20 minute walk) and returned around 6:30 PM. At that time, I wanted to go on-line to research the night life there, but realized I didn't have the wireless password. I called the front desk, but there was no answer (not even a ring) because the woman had left for the day. The call was not forwarded and there was no way to leave a message.
The bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. When you flushed the toilet, it would make this really loud noise on and off for about 20 minutes. There were blinds on the bottom part of the window which were broken in places and needed to be manually twisted. They also did not close all the way in the center so there was no privacy. The sun came in so much in the morning that I was wide awake at 6 AM. When I was ready to check out the next morning at 10:30 AM, there was no one in the office and it was locked. There was a sign on the door saying that they would return at 12:00. So, I went back into town and came back at 12:30 to find that the front desk was still closed. Luckily, there was a cleaning woman there who took our key for us so we could leave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have never stayed anywhere else in PTown but I do stay out 90-100 nights a year and if I could, I'd like to stay at places like the Watermark IIt right's right on the water where you can sit on the deck and enjoy a beverage. My room has a fridge, two burner stove, microwave, dishwasher and all the accoutrements required to prepare light meals. Handy in to have when living on per diem. The Watermark used to seem tonier, but now it's more Ikea than Crate & Barrel and some things are getting a little worn. I am here at the end of the season so maybe they'll address these things in the off season.
The staff and owners are friendly and accommodating. I found their cancelation policy to be reasonable, but again I was here off season.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have lofts, handy for kids if you got 'em. Leave your street side windows ope...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I regret booking at the Watermark Inn. I felt ripped off. You can do much, much better elsewhere in Ptown. I paid $300/night off-season. My friends stayed elsewhere for under $200 and had nicer accommodations. I didn't mind booking a more expensive place, because I wanted a luxurious experience, but the Watermark Inn was a bad decision. The waterfront location is nice BUT...
-The interior is super-cheap. My king bed consisted of a couple of twin bed frames pushed together, with the mattress overhanging the frames by a foot.
-towels are paper thin, dishes by IKEA, old berber carpet, cracked tile in kitchen area, super-tiny refrigerator had a bad odor, TV was small Dynex (cheap brand) without sound on many of the stations.
-No A/C so the place is always damp and too warm during the day.
-Rusted out heaters left behind a residue of rust flakes/droppings on the floor.
-The 'private' sun decks are not private at all. There is not a privacy divider so you will essentially share the deck with your neighbors.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Watermark Inn? Share your experiences!